Forums > MobyGames > Proxy Error message when uploading cover art

Xantheous (1495) on 4/6/2008 5:35 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem. When I try to upload cover art, sometimes I get this problem, sometimes I don't, so it's an intermittent problem for me. I select the file to upload and click "Save" and it uploads the JPG I selected from my computer, then I get a white screen with the following error:

Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request POST /game/sheet/contribute/covers.

Reason: Document contains no data
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/1.3.36 Server at www.mobygames.com Port 80

Once I get this error, and I check my approval status, this cover art is not listed as pending or a work in progress, it's not there at all.

I've uploaded over 25 pieces of cover art in the last week or more with no problems. Last night I tried to upload one and got the error, today I was able to upload it okay and it's in my approval queue, but later tonight I tried to upload some more and I'm getting this error.

I sent an e-mail to support at mobygames dot com about this too. Not sure what's happening here. I'm not using a proxy server myself.

Big John WV (26954) on 4/7/2008 5:32 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm having that too, plus my the home page doesn't have screenshots or mobyrank updates or reviews or anything like that, no images, but text.

DJP Mom (11333) on 4/7/2008 6:40 PM · Permalink · Report

Please look at other threads before posting about this again :/

Xantheous (1495) on 4/7/2008 7:15 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DJP Mom wrote--]Please look at other threads before posting about this again :/ [/Q --end DJP Mom wrote--]

I've done some extensive searching through the other threads in the whole forum for the words "error", "proxy", "cover art" etc. before I posted this thread. Could you please point me to the other threads which discuss this proxy error problem? Thanks.

coenak (3627) on 4/7/2008 7:38 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Xantheous wrote--] I've done some extensive searching through the other threads in the whole forum for the words "error", "proxy", "cover art" etc. before I posted this thread. Could you please point me to the other threads which discuss this proxy error problem? Thanks. [/Q --end Xantheous wrote--] Yeah, it's under the MobyGames Hard Drive Full? thread. The topic that you are referring to starts about the 8th message down. The thread was originally about image uploading problems. Not sure how you would've found it...

Xantheous (1495) on 4/8/2008 12:12 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start coenak wrote--] [Q2 --start Xantheous wrote--] I've done some extensive searching through the other threads in the whole forum for the words "error", "proxy", "cover art" etc. before I posted this thread. Could you please point me to the other threads which discuss this proxy error problem? Thanks. [/Q2 --end Xantheous wrote--] Yeah, it's under the MobyGames Hard Drive Full? thread. The topic that you are referring to starts about the 8th message down. The thread was originally about image uploading problems. Not sure how you would've found it... [/Q --end coenak wrote--] Thanks for the link, but the only mention in that thread of my specific problem are the words "And in addition to the proxy error, the main page is fucked up" written by Sicarius (at a date/time after I created this thread). With no further detail or any mention that it's related to uploading cover art.

[Q3 --start DJP Mom wrote--]Here

Here

Here

Here

Plus two approver threads...so, sorry, it just seemed like nobody was reading anything! Er, I think I counted this thread. [/Q3 --end DJP Mom wrote--] Thanks for those links DJP Mom, but actually only one of them, "MobyGames Hard Drive Full?" has any mention of a proxy error (the mention of "proxy error" was written after I created this thread), and even then it doesn't mention that it's related to uploading cover art, so I thought it made sense to create a new thread on this specific issue with the specific error message in the hopes that it would be helpful to resolve it . I agree with Pseudo_Intellectual that something should be mentioned on the frontpage under News if there is some widespread upload problem with Mobygames. It sure is frustrating to spend hours scanning cover art and to upload on a dial-up connection files that are 1-4 MB each, have to wait for the file to upload and then only to get a specific proxy error that I mentioned in my first message in this thread.

DJP Mom (11333) on 4/7/2008 10:36 PM · Permalink · Report

Here

Here

Here

Here

Plus two approver threads...so, sorry, it just seemed like nobody was reading anything!

Er, I think I counted this thread.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66423) on 4/7/2008 7:30 PM · Permalink · Report

Where they should be looking is on the frontpage, under News, but we don't have anything useful there for the time being.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 4/8/2008 1:10 AM · Permalink · Report

Cool ! The front page is working !

DJP Mom (11333) on 4/8/2008 1:34 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DJP Mom wrote--]Please look at other threads before posting about this again :/ [/Q --end DJP Mom wrote--] You know, when I wrote this, I was forgetting that most normal people probably don't read each and every thread as a matter of course, so, sorry :)