Forums > Game Talk > Favorite LucasArts Game

Caltrus (385) on 2/19/2006 12:37 AM · Permalink · Report

What was (or is) your favorite LucasArts game? For me, it's a tie between The Secret of Monkey Island ("You fight like a dairy farmer!") and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis ("Hi, I'm selling these fine leather jackets.").

Ajan (262) on 2/19/2006 1:09 AM · Permalink · Report

I've never played many of them but hmmm i guess Full Throttle?

Unicorn Lynx (181769) on 2/19/2006 2:34 AM · Permalink · Report

Very difficult question, since most LucasArts' games (at least adventures) are masterpieces. Really hard to choose, but it probably would be Grim Fandango.

80 (6478) on 2/19/2006 2:55 AM · Permalink · Report

My favorite LucasArts game is "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis" ! One of the greatest games ever !

Terrence Bosky (5397) on 2/19/2006 3:43 AM · Permalink · Report

Honestly I think The Dig was the first LucasArts adventure game I played. I played one of the Monkey Island games on my friend's Amiga, but never completed it. Much later, I backtracked and played Indy:FOA and Sam and Max. I missed Grim Fandango and Full Throttle completely.

As far as my favorite... I'd have to say Indy. Now, outside of adventure games, I'd say anything from the X-wing or Dark Forces franchises.

Kartanym (12418) on 2/19/2006 7:57 AM · Permalink · Report

It has to be Monkey Island, hands down. Grim Fandango and Sam & Max come a close second.

For the record, Dark Forces: Jedi Knight II and X-Wing Alliance are the two best Star Wars titles.

monkeyislandgirl (8626) on 2/19/2006 1:00 PM · Permalink · Report

I think mine's perdy obvious...

-Chris (7757) on 2/19/2006 5:00 PM · Permalink · Report

Definitely Day of the Tentacle. Second choice would be Jedi Knight or Knights of the Old Republic, if this qualifies as a LucasArts game.

festershinetop (9572) on 2/19/2006 10:54 PM · Permalink · Report

The Secret of Monkey Island all the way

Ben K (23952) on 2/20/2006 11:31 AM · Permalink · Report

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge for me. Aside from the fact that it's got my most favourite box art for a video game ever (I tracked down a perfect copy from eBay for that reason alone!) I love the much creepier story involving voodoo, zombie pirates, and dead pirate beards in people's pants.

Also, you get to carry around a bucket of mud.

And the bullet point on the back of the box proclaiming "Optional easy mode for beginners and magazine reviewers" is hilarious. :-)

Shazbut (163) on 2/20/2006 1:08 PM · Permalink · Report

For me, it eventually comes down to Monkey Island 1 or Grim Fandango. Grim wins, for me, for being a liqeur-soaked mexican american noir epic that tries and succeeds in so many ways that I get all teary. Those repeated motifs of wall murals of calaveras done up in Art-deco are so goddamn beautiful, and the soundtrack is so goddamn beautiful, that I can't see how any adventure can ever beat it.

Even if it wasn't that funny, IMHO.

Luis Silva (13443) on 2/20/2006 9:56 PM · Permalink · Report

Grim Fandango, extending outside adventure games, Tie Fighter and Jedi Academy.

Diogo Ribeiro (332) on 2/20/2006 11:46 PM · Permalink · Report

I'd have to go with Grim Fandango and Sam and Max: Hit The Road being my favorite LucasArts adventure games.

Trixter (8954) on 2/21/2006 4:14 AM · Permalink · Report

Loom. Concept alone wins it for me.

Indra was here (20752) on 2/21/2006 10:22 AM · Permalink · Report

Was this question limited to adventure games? Hmm. Mine is still LOOM...had the best ending during the day. For some odd reason I was never into that much into Monkey Island and Indiana Jones. Monkey Island is a great game, but it never really stuck in my head (except for the 3 headed monkey). TIE FIGHTER was also my favorite simulation game since it had an awesome story with it. Couldn't play X-Wing due to fear of betraying the Empire (hey, I was a kid).

Vaguely remembered Rex Nebular. Too bad they didn't make a sequel for that.

The Fabulous King (1332) on 2/28/2006 3:10 PM · Permalink · Report

Rex Nebular is not a Lucasarts game.

Zovni (10504) on 3/5/2006 6:54 PM · Permalink · Report

Loom, Full Throttle or Sam & Max.