Forums > Off Topic > News from the future?

chirinea (47508) on 12/31/2010 9:08 PM · Permalink · Report

So, you guys already in 2011, how's it?

formercontrib (157502) on 12/31/2010 9:18 PM · Permalink · Report

Almost 2 hours left here, but hey - i'm getting really blue balls, this must be a damn' good sign! ;)

The Fabulous King (1332) on 12/31/2010 9:23 PM · Permalink · Report

In Estonia, entering into the future is determined by your ethnicity. Russians arrive into 2011 one hour earlier than estonians. So they're already in the future. So, if I'd get myself a russian wife/girlfriend, and if I was sleeping with her now, I would be fucking with the future.

And that's tonight's thought. Happy New Year!

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 12/31/2010 10:38 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Rabbi Guru wrote--]In Estonia, entering into the future is determined by your ethnicity. Russians arrive into 2011 one hour earlier than estonians. So they're already in the future. So, if I'd get myself a russian wife/girlfriend, and if I was sleeping with her now, I would be fucking with the future.

And that's tonight's thought. Happy New Year! [/Q --end Rabbi Guru wrote--]

I would like to nominate that as the best post of the year. 8D

vedder (70970) on 12/31/2010 10:46 PM · Permalink · Report

This year, or next year?

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (98433) on 12/31/2010 11:06 PM · Permalink · Report

Both? I got a hearty laugh out of it. :)

Klaster_1 (57610) on 12/31/2010 11:56 PM · Permalink · Report

We've got flying cars, telepathy and no taxes. That's future, after all.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 1/1/2011 1:09 AM · Permalink · Report

Do they give you free soda of your choice in the future anytime you want? If so, send me all the Mr.Pibb and 7up you can spare. ;)

Slug Camargo (583) on 1/1/2011 1:51 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]If so, send me all the Mr.Pibb and 7up you can spare. ;) [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] You live in the US and you're asking for 7up from the future? Down here we still have like 15 minutes of 2010 to go and we've got rid of 7up like 5 years ago! How come WE are the thirld world? I demand Emmett Brown to show up and give some explanations!

The Fabulous King (1332) on 1/1/2011 2:23 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

The Future changed my country's currency. What was once 40, suddenly became 2. Serious spacetime bending.

Wait, I think I'm glitching between the universes. Tell me what happened to the United Soviet States of America? Did the Eurasian Confederacy win the Great Economic War? And why am I speaking in english?

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 1/1/2011 5:13 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Greetings from the future! Spoiler alert! There is no soda on demand. I asked everybody for my free soda. I shouted in the streets so loud for my beloved soda the police threatened to arrest me. Then I made some rather foolish comments on how I would like to shake up all the cops present until thier blood turned into soda and cut off their heads to make soda fountains. (Albiet flat soda, but still!) Now I'm sitting in jail next to a guy named Murray.

Actually, I spent the entire night reading random stuff at Progressive Boink. A interesting life, I do not lead. 8/

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (98433) on 1/1/2011 7:56 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]Greetings from the future! Spoiler alert! There is no soda on demand. I asked everybody for my free soda. I shouted in the streets so loud for my beloved soda the police threatened to arrest me. Then I made some rather foolish comments on how I would like to shake up all the cops present until thier blood turned into soda and cut off their heads to make soda fountains. (Albiet flat soda, but still!) Now I'm sitting in jail next to a guy named Murray.

Actually, I spent the entire night reading random stuff at Progressive Boink. A interesting life, I do not lead. 8/ [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] "I'm going to kill you, and carve your name into my BLOOD!"

...I spent the evening doing a jigsaw puzzle.

BurningStickMan (17916) on 1/1/2011 8:35 AM · Permalink · Report

I rung in the New Year with G-Police. No significance, it's just how it worked out. More enjoyable than watching Snooki drop down in the Times Square ball. Unless she fell... did she fall?

Adzuken (836) on 1/1/2011 6:17 PM · Permalink · Report

I rang in the new year by playing Army Men: Sarge's Heroes 2 on the N64. One would imagine I could've done it by playing a better game, but 2011 begins with me trying to clear my backlog.

By the way, it's now official that Street Fighter 2010, never happened. If the predictions in Outrun 2019 don't occur, I'll be crushed. When will video games stop lying to me?

chirinea (47508) on 1/2/2011 4:58 AM · Permalink · Report

I spent the night playing Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 and Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (with a Dual Shock controller, argh!) on the PS2 with my fiancée's cousins (aged 13, 10 and 5). Today, after lunch, I played some Zeebo F.C. Super League (I'm loving it) and FIFA 09 on Zeebo with them (one of them, the 5 years old one, loves soccer games, as you can see).

A couple of hours ago I played Monopoly on the Xbox 360 with my two brothers and a cousin (aged 37, 34 and 31, respectively), while we drank some beers and ate some cheese and dried tomatoes. Such a wonderful time playing a board game on a video game console.

Unicorn Lynx (181771) on 1/1/2011 9:04 AM · Permalink · Report

I had a gig.

Fortunately, my girlfriend got hired as the singer. So it wasn't as depressing as any other 4-sets singer/piano duo gig on New Year's eve would have been.

The thing is that none of us really sees this day as the New Year. Her New Year is in February, mine is in September...

Donatello (466) on 1/1/2011 10:19 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start חד-קרן·山猫 wrote--]I had a gig.

Fortunately, my girlfriend got hired as the singer. So it wasn't as depressing as any other 4-sets singer/piano duo gig on New Year's eve would have been.

The thing is that none of us really sees this day as the New Year. Her New Year is in February, mine is in September... [/Q --end חד-קרן·山猫 wrote--]

Is it February the 3rd for her? My girlfriend was so suprised to hear me celebrate New Year and she was all like "usual day for me". Then she mentioned February the 3rd (or was it 2nd?) being the festival for them.

Chinese festivals are awesome, though. 月饼 is delicious!

Unicorn Lynx (181771) on 1/1/2011 5:17 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Then she mentioned February the 3rd (or was it 2nd?) being the festival for them.

It changes every year, because it follows the Chinese calendar, not the Roman one we use. [Actually, I should say "you use", but I use it too, I don't even know what day we have now in Jewish calendar :)]. Chinese New Year is usually around end of January to mid-February.

月饼 is delicious!

No, you really think so? I can't stand yuebings.

Though the Chinese Haagen Dazs sells some yuebings filled with their ice-cream. Now, this is another story :)

Donatello (466) on 1/1/2011 6:39 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start חד-קרן·山猫 wrote--] No, you really think so? I can't stand yuebings.

Though the Chinese Haagen Dazs sells some yuebings filled with their ice-cream. Now, this is another story :) [/Q --end חד-קרן·山猫 wrote--]

I‘ve heard tales about the legendary ice cream yuebings, yes. Hope to try it one day.

Well, I thought it was really delicious and gobbled it up without hesitation. Only then Chinese people told me that you actually eat that little thing in smaller bites.

Not versed in Chinese food, though. All I know that they have an affection for everything hot.

Unicorn Lynx (181771) on 1/2/2011 5:15 AM · Permalink · Report

Not versed in Chinese food, though. All I know that they have an affection for everything hot.

Remember this:

People from Jiangxi province 不怕辣 [bu pa la] - "aren't afraid of spicy food".
People from Sichuan province 辣不怕 [la bu pa] - "even if it's more spicy, they aren't afraid"
But people from Hunan province 怕不辣 [pa bu la] - "afraid that it's not spicy enough!"

DJP Mom (11333) on 1/2/2011 1:41 AM · Permalink · Report

Happy new decade to all ;-) I had a small amount of Bailey's Irish Cream in milk and went to sleep.

Kartanym (12418) on 1/2/2011 5:31 AM · Permalink · Report

Rung in the new year watching the EPL, playing Game Dev Story (so damned addictive) and finding my groove back on MobyGames. So far, so good for 2011.

Havoc Crow (29904) on 1/2/2011 10:57 PM · Permalink · Report

I just found this cute tidbit from MG's noisy history :D

technically I did it in 2011 so it's relevant to this thread