🤔 How many games has Beethoven been credited on? (answer)

Forums > Off Topic > Prophecy #5,645,342,233,234 and counting

Indra was here (20752) on 5/8/2011 11:58 AM · Permalink · Report

May 11, 2011. World wide earthquake. Had to put this somewhere in case I forget. Since I forgot the last dozen prophecies and forgot to totally trash the dudes who told to my face they were coming true.

Why people can't come up with more inspiring prophecies like sex cults ruling the world is beyond me.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/8/2011 2:00 PM · Permalink · Report

The "Rapture" is suppose to happen on May 21. Figures the world would end when I'm legally old enough to drink. 8P

Indra was here (20752) on 5/8/2011 4:40 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]The "Rapture" is suppose to happen on May 21. [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]Nice to know. Gives me about 2 weeks to repent...and end up in some other god's hell. Dang.

chirinea (47507) on 5/8/2011 5:30 PM · Permalink · Report

If you lived in Brazil you'd be legally drinking since you're 18 (but you'd have to wait to drive by the same age).

Indra was here (20752) on 5/8/2011 5:54 PM · Permalink · Report

I wonder if I'm the only one here who lives in a country where drinking is not considered a normal activity?

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/8/2011 6:25 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start chirinea wrote--]If you lived in Brazil you'd be legally drinking since you're 18 (but you'd have to wait to drive by the same age). [/Q --end chirinea wrote--]

I have enough strange things going through my head without adding alcohol to the mix, so it's no big deal to me. Although, I am curious as to see how bad Pabst Blue Ribbon really is. 8P

Indra was here (20752) on 5/8/2011 6:51 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]Although, I am curious as to see how bad Pabst Blue Ribbon really is. 8P [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]Miss that brand. Only form of light beer I could handle. Not entirely sure if it's available outside the States.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/9/2011 12:47 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm pretty sure the hipsters here have confiscated it all. ;)

James Singleton on 5/21/2011 7:41 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I think they are just terrorist. Make people worried and scared. The Earth got a long time to spin around and don't expect anything to happen for thousands of years. The Earth is on a solid foundation.

James M Singleton

Havoc Crow (29905) on 5/8/2011 7:13 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra was here wrote--]May 11, 2011. World wide earthquake. Had to put this somewhere in case I forget. Since I forgot the last dozen prophecies and forgot to totally trash the dudes who told to my face they were coming true.

Why people can't come up with more inspiring prophecies like sex cults ruling the world is beyond me. [/Q --end Indra was here wrote--] May 11? That's when I have the hardest of my final exams! With some luck, the world will end before that.

Indra was here (20752) on 5/8/2011 7:17 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start JudgeDeadd wrote--]That's when I have the hardest of my final exams! With some luck, the world will end before that. [/Q --end JudgeDeadd wrote--]Armageddon be with you, brother!

Starbuck the Third (22601) on 5/9/2011 3:45 PM · Permalink · Report

Havoc's 1st prophecy: come may 12th, I'll be telling Indra his prophecy #5,645,342,233,234 stinks.

Ooh, something to look forward to!

Plok (220056) on 5/9/2011 8:11 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start havoc of smeg wrote--]Havoc's 1st prophecy: come may 12th, I'll be telling Indra his prophecy #5,645,342,233,234 stinks.

Ooh, something to look forward to! [/Q --end havoc of smeg wrote--] I'll be sure to bring popcorn :D

Rola (8482) on 5/9/2011 9:16 PM · Permalink · Report

Skynet's activation day sounded waaay cooler, dude. Earthquakes are sooo yesterday...

Indra was here (20752) on 5/9/2011 9:32 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Rola wrote--]Skynet's activation day sounded waaay cooler, dude. Earthquakes are sooo yesterday... [/Q --end Rola wrote--]They had trouble describing terminators in the bible, so the best they could come up with is iron locusts for attack helicopters...or perhaps they were just locusts. :p

Hey, didn't we past Skynet's activation date already?

Daniel Saner (3503) on 5/9/2011 10:08 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra was here wrote--]Hey, didn't we past Skynet's activation date already? [/Q --end Indra was here wrote--]

One of them anyway. I think it has been retconned multiple times throughout the sequels and spin-offs, so another one is coming up in a few years.

Rola (8482) on 5/9/2011 11:31 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra was here wrote--]May 11, 2011. World wide earthquake. [...] sex [...] [/Q --end Indra was here wrote--] Wait, I googled for that date and now it appears clear to me why the world will end in an earthquake.

Indra was here (20752) on 5/10/2011 7:55 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Rola wrote--]Wait, I googled for that date and now it appears clear to me why the world will end in an earthquake. [/Q --end Rola wrote--] Masturbate-a-Thon this year will be May 21 and 22 -- the first day it will be women...

If I lived in that neighborhood, I'd die a happy man.

ZenicReverie (2135) on 5/12/2011 5:53 PM · Permalink · Report

Time to tick the counter up one, May 21 is the next I think. Big earthquakes again and the rapture (200 million people vanish). Best reports say 6pm local time (in each time zone), so it'll ripple enough that most will hear about it before it happens to them.

Just in case I forget (don't care) to post after that one, December 21, 2012 is the Mayan calender roll over. I think it'd be funny to have a website with a list of end of the world dates that counted down to the next one. After it passes it starts the next countdown.

Indra was here (20752) on 5/12/2011 6:28 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start ZenicReverie wrote--]I think it'd be funny to have a website with a list of end of the world dates that counted down to the next one. After it passes it starts the next countdown. [/Q --end ZenicReverie wrote--]Best I could come up with is this wikipedia article.

All those prophecies and not one of them boobie-related. No wonder none of them come true.

Daniel Saner (3503) on 5/12/2011 7:36 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start ZenicReverie wrote--]I think it'd be funny to have a website with a list of end of the world dates that counted down to the next one. After it passes it starts the next countdown.[/Q --end ZenicReverie wrote--]

It doesn't have a countdown, but there is a very cool chronology of end of the world prophecies, past and future, on this website; only in German though:
Chronik der (verpassten) Weltuntergänge
(History of (missed) doomsdays)
Maybe you'll have a little luck with Google Translate, translating X to English usually works quite well =)

Indra was here (20752) on 5/13/2011 1:41 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Well, that last prophecy (2076) is probably the closest bet. NASA says (checked their website) that the nearest object worth mentioning closing in on earth is 75 years away...though it still could stop for burger at Jupiter fries and change course.

Despite the usual boring scenario of non-imaginative Armageddon, I wonder if there are some strange (and interesting) prophecies worthy of mention? No, the U.S. having a woman president isn't one of them. That won't happen in the next 50 years, culturally speaking.

Starbuck the Third (22601) on 5/12/2011 6:18 PM · Permalink · Report

Walks into forum Sniff sniff. What is that smell?... looks in corner Say Indra, that is your stinking prophecy happily decomposing in our merry old forum?

Yes, folks, Prophecy #5,645,342,233,234 officially stinks.

Indra was here (20752) on 5/12/2011 6:23 PM · Permalink · Report

Oh, wait till you hear prophecy #5,645,342,233,235. It's true I tell you! The internet never lies! Huzzah!

Since the posting of the original thread, there has been at least several hundred prophecies regarding first contact with aliens. No, I'm not talking about Mexico.

Starbuck the Third (22601) on 5/12/2011 7:50 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra was here wrote--]Oh, wait till you hear prophecy #5,645,342,233,235. It's true [/Q --end Indra was here wrote--]

Well, my breath has just been baited, so what the heck.

DJP Mom (11333) on 5/12/2011 9:26 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Bated! And don't say it, Indra!

*as in abated; subdued =)

...I'll try not to post any more English lessons, but the misuse/misspelling of this word is one of my pet peeves!

Rola (8482) on 5/21/2011 4:32 PM · Permalink · Report

So did I miss something?

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (99525) on 5/22/2011 5:18 AM · Permalink · Report

So, I guess if the rapture did happen today, there aren't as many good Catholics on this planet as some people seemed to be suggesting.

Rola (8482) on 5/22/2011 4:11 PM · Permalink · Report

So to paraphrase the old joke:

...and I've spit my boss in the face, and I sold all my belongings and spent that money in a brothel... and now you tell me the end of the world suddenly got cancelled?

Indra was here (20752) on 5/22/2011 4:52 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Rola wrote--]So to paraphrase the old joke:

...and I've spit my boss in the face, and I sold all my belongings and spent that money in a brothel... and now you tell me the end of the world suddenly got cancelled? [/Q --end Rola wrote--] Not a joke for some. A few Christian sects actually did just that (should be in wikipedia somewhere). Still waiting in the same spot I gather (strength of faith depending).

Better chance of reaching the kingdom of heaven by crossing the street without looking both ways on Monday.