🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > You must be joking right?

n][rvana (1823) on 8/31/2009 7:35 PM · Permalink · Report

I don't understand the logic of creating an entry for a PROGRAM just to put all the games that came bundled with it under that program. I would've created a game group called "bundled with Vista" or something like that.

But creating an entry for a platform in this game site seems nuts to me, it's like creating an entry for any cell phone model out there just because they come bundled with some games, instead of making entries for the actual games, and adding the platform later.

What do you think?

chirinea (47495) on 8/31/2009 7:43 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q]What do you think? [/Q]You're completely right, but who cares? =/

Sciere (930490) on 8/31/2009 7:58 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

The underlying thought is: you want to play Freecell, what are you going to buy? Since you need to buy Windows, that's the retail package we list. The specific game included can be found through the search engine as we list it as an alternate title.

Zeppin (8408) on 9/1/2009 1:22 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

The only way in which to play these specific games are by purchasing them as part of the Windows operating system. A minesweeper clone is not the original minesweeper. We don't have a single entry for Tetris, because there were multiple Tetris games released. Some of them are very similar, but they receive their own entries. As such, the Windows operating system is simply being treated as extra content in a games bundle.

chirinea (47495) on 9/1/2009 2:18 AM · Permalink · Report

And the rule made me submit a console as a game entry. And it is pending right now.

beetle120 (2415) on 9/1/2009 3:53 AM · Permalink · Report

What console? Can I submit Xbox 360 Pro as it had 'Hexic HD' inbuilt?

chirinea (47495) on 9/1/2009 3:58 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start beetle120 wrote--]What console? Can I submit Xbox 360 Pro as it had 'Hexic HD' inbuilt? [/Q --end beetle120 wrote--]If the game wasn't released separately, I don't see why not. I submitted the SEGA Master System to cover the already covered Snail Maze.

Sciere (930490) on 9/1/2009 4:20 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

The rule would be that the game is not available stand-alone, in a legal, unmodified way.

St. Martyne (3648) on 9/1/2009 6:17 PM · Permalink · Report

It should also be noted that game compilation "Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic" doesn't require platform "Windows" to be used.

Xoleras (66141) on 9/2/2009 1:08 PM · Permalink · Report

To run Vista, you need an installed Vista, which is a Windows. Seems fine to me. =)