Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist
Description official descriptions
Freddy Pharkas was one of the fastest guns in the American West of the 1880's. However, in one particular gunfight with an outlaw named Kenny, he was outgunned and had his ear shot off. This traumatic experience caused Freddy to give up his pistols and enroll in the school of pharmacology. Blocking out the memories of his past, Freddy arrives in the town of Coarsegold with the dream to own and run his own pharmacy. Working with the town's doctor, Freddy is able to fill prescriptions, mix concoctions and diagnose simple symptoms. Business among the townsfolk is brisk however, the good times are not to last as suddenly townsfolk are run out of town and businesses are being foreclosed and boarded up. Freddy must deal with the town's problems, and discover the larger plot, or risk having a fancy shop in an empty town and losing all his customers.
Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist is a humorous point-and-click adventure game bearing many similarities to other Sierra titles in the same genre, in particular Leisure Suit Larry series. Players use the command bar at the top of the screen to choose a verb command that is combined with locations and objects visible to the player. Freddy can walk to new locations, look at particular objects, attempt to use objects, talk to people and enter his inventory to access items that have been picked up. Like other Sierra games, successful actions add to the player's score, judging the player on 1000 points.
- הטוב הרע והרוקח (The Good, the bad and the pharmacist) - Hebrew spelling
- 多情藥師酷牛仔 - Chinese spelling (traditional)
See any errors or missing info for this game?
You can submit a correction, contribute trivia, add to a game group, add a related site or alternate title.
Credits (DOS version)
73 People (64 developers, 9 thanks) · View all
|Writing / Dialogue / Story|
|Graphics / Artwork|
|[ full credits ]|
|Playing really old games||Shelly Dowdle (0)||2014-09-05 17:21:48|
This game was first released on 3.5 disks but Sierra later offered a version on CD which featured voice acting and an improved soundtrack. Some of the bugs and continuity errors were also removed.
There was a demo version of Freddy Pharkas on a Sierra sampler CD. When you wanted to access a new area or use a special item, a little window would pop up and contain a FMV with Al Lowe that explained that if you want to use this, get the full version. If you continued trying to use the item, you would get hauled off to jail by a sheriff.
- During Act II the player comes into the possession of the church key that disappears from the inventory at the end of Act III. At the beginning of Act IV the key can be taken again awarding the player with another extra point. This way the player can complete the game with 1001 points. This bug was removed in the CD version of the game.
- In the Saloon, switch the music by talking to the piano player and ask "Zircon Jim's Theme". It's the
Leisure Suit Larrytheme.
- In Chester Field's store there is an ad signed by K. Graham of Daventry, announcing that he is not responsible to any debts incurred by Valanice, Alexander and Rosella. This a clear reference to
King's Questseries. Further investigation of the poster reveals that it ends with "c/o P. Patti" - refering to the Passionate Patti - Larry Laffer's true love from one of the installment of Leisure Suit Larryseries.
- In Chester Field's store there is a wanted poster of Al Lowe.
- In Act IV in the saloon the player can meet "Zircon" Jim Laffer - Larry's great-great-granduncle which is another reference to
Leisure Suit Larryseries.
- In Chester Field's store there is an ad written by Dr. Olympia Myklos - reference to the Dr. Olympia Myklos - one of the suspects in
Laura Bow 2: The Dagger of Amon Ra
By using the Keypad keys with activated NumLock, you can play goofy noises found in the game. A lot of them are from puzzles in the game.
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) –#13 Funniest Computer Game
Information also contributed by Arson Winter, Itay Shahar and Julien LC
Related Sites +
Al Lowe's Humor Site
Freddy Pharkas Walkthroughs
Freddy Pharkas, Frontier Pharmacist
IMDb page for the game
The premier source of information on one of the greatest graphic adventure games ever made!
more information about the game
- MobyGames ID: 1785
Know about this game? Add your expertise to help preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by ROFLBLAH.
Windows added by Cavalary. Macintosh added by Terok Nor.
Additional contributors: RKL, Jeanne, Kohler 86, Xoleras, Crawly, 6⅞ of Nine, Paulus18950, Patrick Bregger, mailmanppa.
Last modified February 22nd, 2023.