Assassin's Creed (Director's Cut Edition)
The Director's Cut Edition is the Windows release of Assassin's Creed.
While the core gameplay remains the same as in the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, the Director's Cut Edition features some additions and improvements besides the more detailed graphics (including DirectX 10 support). The most noticeable additions are the four new informant missions which increases the total to nine available missions for each assassination. The four new ones are:
- Roof Chase - once Altaïr has met up with an informant, he sends him to a second one which he needs to reach before the time runs out.
- Kill the Archers - Altaïr needs to take out all the archers on the roofs in a defined zone silently so that the other assassins can move on with their own missions.
- Destroy the Market Stands - as the name suggest, Altaïr needs to destroy a predefined number of market stands but will encounter heavy resistance from the marketeers.
- Escort - a fellow member of the brotherhood has stolen something very valuable and now the guards are chasing him. Altaïr needs to escort him safely out of the city.
Other changes include an improved artificial intelligence and a comfort function which allows Altaïr to port himself directly from the home of the brotherhood (Masyaf) to a city of his choosing provided he already visited it before. In the console releases Altaïr always had to ride through the kingdom to return to a already visited city.
- 刺客信条（导演剪辑版） - Chinese (simplified) spelling
- 刺客教條 (導演豪華版) - Taiwanese spelling
Credits (Windows version)
968 People (939 developers, 29 thanks) · View all
|Engine Port Team Lead|
|Additional Gameplay Team Lead|
|[ full credits ]|
|Innovative controls||hribek (41)||2009-05-15 22:29:45|
In August 2008 Ubisoft announced to have filed a lawsuit against the company it hired to reproduce discs for the PC edition of Assassin's Creed, as an OEM copy was used to make the game available online illegally six weeks prior to the release date.
References to the game
Assassin's Creed (Director's Cut Edition) was parodied in an episode of "Die Redaktion" (The Editorial Team), a monthly comedy video produced by the German gaming magazine GameStar. It was published on the DVD of issue 06/2008.
- MobyGames ID: 33566
- Steam App: 15100
Know about this game? Add your expertise to help preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Sicarius.
Additional contributors: MAT, Sciere, COBRA-COBRETTI, Paulus18950, Duduzets, Patrick Bregger, 一旁冷笑.
Last modified March 13th, 2023.