aka: Rainbow Islands: Story of the Bubble Bobble 2, Rainbow Islands: The Story of Bubble Bobble 2
While on a search for treasure, Bubby and his brother Bobby travel to the Rainbow Islands. Instead of finding treasure, they find out that the people of the Rainbow Islands have been kidnapped. Now it's up to Bubby with his rainbow power to save them.
This version of Rainbow Islands has some differences from the original Rainbow Islands.
Some of the differences include:
- This version is 1 player only.
- While the player visits the same islands as in the other version, the layout of the individual levels has been changed.
- The different colored diamonds the player collects throughout the 4 stages of each island spell out the word RAINBOW. Completely spelling out the word then defeating the boss of that island will earn the player a big diamond.
- Getting a big diamond gives the player a cutscene where they can choose to have dialogue with a character or open a treasure box for a chance to receive an item.
- The biggest difference is, if the player manages to collect all 7 big diamonds, an extra island based on Bubble Bobble will be available to play on.
Credits (NES version)
21 People (13 developers, 8 thanks)
|Special thanks to||
|Two Rainbow Islands?||dark aske||2014-10-11 13:40:34|
- MobyGames ID: 53053
Know about this game? Add your expertise to help preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Alaka.
Additional contributors: formercontrib.
Last modified March 9th, 2023.