aka: Color Space Fever
Space Fever is Nintendo's own (unauthorised, hence no copyright notices on-screen) clone of Taito's Space Invaders. In order not to come off as a blatant pirate copy, it introduces a range of Nintendo-specific touches:
- Taito's aquatic-themed aliens are replaced by chickens, cats and dogs (or pigs?)
- The "heartbeat" backdrop sound is replaced by a more intricate beat.
- The bonus UFO scores lower and flashes in seven colours.
- There are 12 instead of 11 columns of aliens.
- Three modes of play are available:
- A: The aliens move not in one, but in two blocks which split up and join together again.
- B: The game start with just one row of aliens, but as they move downwards, new rows are added from behind.
- C: Basically the same gameplay as Taito's original.
- スペースフィーバー - Japanese spelling
Credits (Arcade version)
- MobyGames ID: 63045
Know about this game? Add your expertise to help preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Игги Друге.
Additional contributors: Michael Cassidy.
Last modified February 22nd, 2023.