DescriptionReleased one month before the actual World Cup 2006, this game lets players play all the matches before they even started. Featuring 12 official German stadiums and all the teams that qualified for the World Cup 2006 in Germany, plus additional teams and unlockable classic players. The playable modes let you try any of the qualifying stages or skip right to the world cup mode assuming as one of the qualified teams. Additional modes include Global Challenge where you can replay 40 historical moments in football history to change the outcome, and various multiplayer matches.
- "Mistrzostwa Świata FIFA 2006" -- Polish title
- "FIFA WM 2006" -- Common German abbreviation
- "FIFA Fussball-Weltmeisterschaft Deutschland 2006" -- German title
- "Coupe Du Monde De La FIFA 2006" -- French title
- "Copa do Mundo FIFA 2006" -- Brazilian title
- "2006 FIFA 世界杯" -- Chinese title (simplified)
- "2006 FIFA World Cup Germany" -- Alt title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Game Vortex||Xbox 360||2006||86 out of 100||86|
|GameZone||PSP||Jun 06, 2006||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Windows||May 26, 2006||83 out of 100||83|
|Fragland.net||PlayStation 2||Jun 21, 2006||81.5 out of 100||82|
|3DAvenue||Xbox 360||May 15, 2006||80|
|Deaf Gamers||Windows||2006||8 out of 10||80|
|PC Games (Germany)||Windows||Apr 24, 2006||77 out of 100||77|
|Giery.eu||PSP||May 12, 2007||29 out of 40||72|
|4Players.de||GameCube||May 05, 2006||71 out of 100||71|
|1UP||Xbox||May 02, 2006||C||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
CoverThe cover design has been localized with different athletes portrayed for specific release countries:
- England: Frank Lampard (England)
- China: Zhi Zhen (China)
- Germany: Lukas Podolski (Germany)
- Italy: Alessandro Del Piero (Italy)
- USA, Canada and Mexico: Jamie Lozano (Mexico) and Claudio Reyna (USA)
- Portugal: Simao (Portugal)
- The Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg: Arjen Robben (The Netherlands)
- Switzerland: Ricardo Cabanas (Switzerland)
- Spain: Xavi (Spain)
- All other countries: the FIFA World Cup trophy and the official emblem
Flag inaccuracyThe country Serbia and Montenegro ceased to exist on 3 June 2006, when Montenegro voted for independence in a referendum. However, since the 2006 FIFA World Cup was scheduled to start just six days later, it was decided that the national selection of Serbia and Montenegro remained as it was for the duration of the competition. However, on the cover art variants of this licensed game which show multiple flags, the flag of separate Serbia is used instead of the accurate Serbia and Montenegro flag.
Online serversOn 1st September 2007, EA closed their servers for multiplayer games, for the Xbox, Windows, PS2 and PSP versions.
Related Web Sites
PlayStation 2 Credits