DescriptionEveryone blamed the jester Malcolm for allegedly turning everyone to stone and killing the King and the Queen of Kyrandia. Their son Brandon eventually turned Malcolm himself into stone. However, a thunderbolt strikes the jester, liberating him from his predicament. Now it's his turn to tell the world his version of the truth, whether in his usual mischievous manner or by becoming a nicer person.
Malcolm's Revenge is the third entry in the Legend of Kyrandia series and, like its predecessors, an adventure game focusing on inventory-based puzzles. The basic gameplay is similar to the previous entries: the "smart cursor" is responsible for all the actions in the game - taking, using, talking, etc. During conversations, it is possible to control Malcolm's level of truthfulness as well as his "good" and "bad" attitude. Many puzzles in the game have multiple solutions, though the main story remains unchanged for the most part.
- "凯兰迪亚传奇3：玛尔寇的复仇" -- Chinese spelling (Simplified)
- "Kyrandia 3" -- Informal title
- "Fables & Fiends - The Legend of Kyrandia: Malcolm's Revenge, book three" -- Post-trilogy title
Part of the Following Groups
|Let me tell you my own confusing side of the story...||DOS||Unicorn Lynx (181699)|
|A worthy closing of the Kyrandia Saga!||DOS||Rantanplan (1826)|
|Pixel-Heroes.de||DOS||May 27, 2011||9 out of 10||90|
|PC Games (Germany)||DOS||Nov, 1994||90 out of 100||90|
|Play Time||DOS||Nov, 1994||86 out of 100||86|
|MikroBitti||DOS||Jan, 1995||85 out of 100||85|
|GameTrip.net||DOS||Aug 05, 2009||8 out of 10||80|
|PC Player (Germany)||DOS||Dec, 1994||80 out of 100||80|
|Score||DOS||Jan, 1995||80 out of 100||80|
|PC Joker||DOS||Dec, 1994||79 out of 100||79|
|World Village (Gamer's Zone)||DOS||1994||60|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||DOS||Jan, 1995||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- If you use Kyrandia's transporters often enough, when Malcolm emerges at the Bluffs, he'll have a fly's head instead of his own. This is a reference to The Fly, a movie about a scientist whose genes get combined with a fly's in his machine, and he ends up turning into one.
- Sometimes Faun will appear in the jungle swinging on a rope. This is what he did sometimes in Zanthia's hut in the second game, Hand of Fate, if Zanthia walked back into the hut after leaving the first time.
- The points system was implemented in order to mock Sierra adventure games. There is no way to acquire all the points in the game.
- Power Play
- Issue 02/1995 – Best Adventure in 1994