Game Groups > Oregon Trail series
A series of educational games. Most games in the series involve players taking on the role of pioneers traveling a trail (from Independence, Missouri to the Willamette valley in the Oregon territory in the original game) by way of covered wagons in the 1800s. The games were intended to teach children about American history, geography, and the hardships the pioneers faced on such an arduous journey.
Oregon Trail appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Gameplay feature: Hunting
- Gameplay feature: In-game achievements
- Minesweeper variants
- Physical Bonus Content: Comic
- Physical Bonus Content: World Map
- Setting: Western / Old West
- Snake variants
- Tomb Raider series
- Trail games