Gameplay feature: Hunger / Thirst
Games where player-controllable character(s) are required to replenish themselves when hungry (or thirsty). Failure to eat (or drink) may result in among others: constant whining, hampering of player movement or speed, gradual or instant decrease of character abilities (health or statistics, if any), etc., and in extreme cases, death.
It is also known in technical terms as a hunger daemon feature.Limitations
Related Game Groups
- Games where the player does not directly control a character or group of characters should be excluded from this game group. Thus, this game group should exclude strategy games where a food and drink industry exists to keep the population happy, unless the player has a permanent controllable character within the game.
- Food or drink must be explicitly identified as food or drink for mentioned character: blood may be identified as food for a player-controlled vampire. A double cheese burger with extra mayo in this regard however, does not.
- Games where eating and drinking is optional, however otherwise not mandatory to be consumed on a regular basis, these games should be excluded from this game group.
- Games where eating and drinking may provide benefits/bonuses (e.g. instant/regeneration of health) but otherwise is not mandatory to be consumed on a regular basis, should be excluded from this game group.
- Games which for some odd reason do not present the player with a text or graphical warning on hunger/dehydration should be excluded from this game group, unless it results in death or other serious negative effects.
|Wayward||2013||Browser, Linux, Macintosh, Windows||Unlok||4.20|
|Legend of Grimrock||2012||Linux, Macintosh, Windows||Almost Human Ltd.||3.59|
|Miasmata||2012||Windows||IonFx Studios, LLC||3.50|
|Zenonia 3: The Midgard Story||2011||Android, iPhone||Gamevil Inc.||...|
|Mount&Blade: With Fire and Sword||2011||Windows||Paradox Interactive AB||3.00|
|Fallout: New Vegas||2010||PlayStation 3, Windows, Xbox 360||Bethesda Softworks LLC||3.85|
|Mount&Blade: Warband||2010||Windows||1C Company||3.75|
|Zenonia 2: The Lost Memories||2010||Android, iPhone||Gamevil Inc.||...|
|Dungeon Adventure||2010||Xbox 360||UberGeekGames||...|
|Minecraft||2010||Browser, Linux, Macintosh, Windows||Mojang AB||3.37|
|Zenonia||2009||Android, iPhone, Nintendo DSi, PSP, Windows Mobile, Zeebo||Gamevil Inc.||3.85|
|Quest for Glory II: Trial by Fire||2008||Windows||Tierra Entertainment||3.90|
|Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked||2008||Wii||Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.||...|
|Caravaneer||2007||Browser, Windows||Sugar Free Games, S.L.||3.60|
|Arx Fatalis (Collector Edition)||2007||Windows||Elektrogames Limited Company||3.86|
|Lost in Blue 2||2007||Nintendo DS||Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.||2.33|
|Lost in Blue 3||2007||Nintendo DS||Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.||...|
|Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer||2007||Windows||Atari, Inc.||4.34|
|Pet Vet 3D: Animal Hospital||2005||Windows||Viva Media, LLC||5.00|
|Lost in Blue||2005||Nintendo DS||Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.||3.08|
|Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas||2004||Macintosh, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360||Rockstar Games, Inc.||3.86|
|Arx Fatalis||2002||Windows, Xbox||DreamCatcher Interactive Inc.||3.87|
|Akimbo: Kung-Fu Hero||2001||Windows||Global Star Software Ltd.||3.44|
|Endnesia||2001||PlayStation 2||Enix Corporation||3.70|