Description official description
Combine the gameplay ideas of Hack/NetHack with the Eye of the Beholder III game engine and you get a graphical version of Hack: Dungeon Hack. Largely based on a construction set, the player can create their own dungeons and then crawl through them.
This is the ultimate dungeon crawl with over 4 billion possible dungeon configurations thanks to the random level generator. The generator has the ability to regenerate the entire dungeon structure, or just the items, the style, monster frequency, trap frequency... or any combination thereof.
Also includes a permadeath option that, when a character dies, completely deletes the character and saved games.
- ダンジョンハック - Japanese spelling
- Dungeons & Dragons (D&D / AD&D) licensees
- Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Setting: Forgotten Realms
- Fantasy Creatures: Dragons
- Fantasy Creatures: Dwarves
- Fantasy Creatures: Elves
- Fantasy Creatures: Halflings / Hobbits
- Gameplay feature: Armor / weapon sets
- Gameplay feature: Auto-mapping
- Gameplay feature: Hunger / Thirst
- Games with manual lookup copy protection
- Games with randomly generated environments
- Genre: Dungeon Crawler
- Sound engine: AIL/Miles Sound System
Credits (DOS version)
26 People · View all
|Cover artwork by (uncredited)|
|Event Horizon Rule Book Writer|
|Music & Sound Effects|
|Rule Book Editors|
|Graphic Design and DTP||
|[ full credits ]|
Related Sites +
Game FAQs entry on Dungeon Hack
Has FAQs, tips, etc. on playing Dungeon Hack.
- MobyGames ID: 992
Know about this game? Add your expertise to help preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Chris Martin.
PC-98 added by Terok Nor.
Additional contributors: Trixter, Rik Hideto.
Game added March 7th, 2000. Last modified May 29th, 2023.