DescriptionThe warriors who have destroyed the evil wizard Mangar receive a letter while celebrating their victory. The letter informs them of a terrible disaster: Mangar's master, the Mad God Tarjan, has unleashed his wrath upon the town of Skara Brae, completely destroying in. The heroes visit a refugee camp nearby and embark on a quest to defeat Tarjan.
Thief of Fate is the third installment in the Bard's Tale series, and a sequel to The Destiny Knight. It is similar to its predecessors, being a first-person fantasy role-playing game in which the player explores maze-like pseudo-3D towns, dungeons, and wilderness areas. Two new character classes have been added: Geomancer and Chronomancer. There are more dungeons than in the previous games, and this installment also adds an auto-mapping feature. The game's world is divided into separate realms accessed by using time warps, each with its own theme and setting - including, among others, famous locations from Earth's history such as ancient Rome or Berlin during World War II.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
- Bard's Tale series
- Fantasy Creatures: Elves
- Gameplay feature: Auto-mapping
- Gameplay feature: Character development - Automatic leveling
- Gameplay feature: Importable characters
- Games with code-wheel copy protection
|Not the best of the Bard's Tale series - made more for Die-Hard Bard's Tale fans.||DOS||XplOrOrOr (16)|
|A bit of a challenge!||DOS||Mattias Kreku (439)|
|Pixel-Heroes.de||DOS||Mar, 2005||10 out of 10||100|
|Happy Computer||Apple II||Jun, 1988||90 out of 100||90|
|Amiga Joker||Amiga||May, 1991||85 out of 100||85|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||Amiga||1992||85 out of 100||85|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||DOS||1992||84 out of 100||84|
|The Games Machine (UK)||Commodore 64||Sep, 1988||84 out of 100||84|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Commodore 64||Sep, 1988||7 out of 10||70|
|Amiga Power||Amiga||May, 1991||67 out of 100||67|
|PC-Spiele '92||DOS||1991||5 out of 10||50|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Apple II||Jun, 1988||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Cancelled IIGS versionAn Apple IIGS version was made by Rebecca Heineman but never released.
- January 1990 (Issue 57) – 'The Best Games of the 80's Decade' (Robin Hogg)
Related Web Sites
- Bard Songs (An online collection of Bard's Tale music transcribed to MIDI format. All from the PC versions.)
- Bard's Tale 3 Solutions (The Spoiler Center's collection of walkthroughs)
- Fan Site (Pretty comprehensive site includes links to walkthroughs, maps and valuable info on Bard's Tale 3.)
- The Bard's Tale 3: Thief of Fate - FAQs & Guides (Walkthroughs and Facts posted on GameFaqs.com)
- The Bard's Tale Compendium (Very complete site with lots of information, hints, downloads for every game of the Bard's Tale series.)