DescriptionCool Spot is a colorful 2D platform game featuring the 7-Up mascot as the main protagonist. The game objective is fairly simple and straightforward. The player character has to collect enough number of cool points throughout each level in order to find and rescue his captured uncool Spot buddies and complete the game.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Spot and the Quest for Cool" -- Informal title
- "クールスポット" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
|Easier gameplay and some inspiring level design could have made Cool Spot a better game...||Accatone (5351)|
|A neat game, if somewhat stupid.||Tomer Gabel (4642)|
|Play Time||Jul, 1994||85 out of 100||85|
|PC Games (Germany)||Jul, 1994||84 out of 100||84|
|PC Joker||Aug, 1994||77 out of 100||77|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Aug 12, 1994||76 out of 100||76|
|PC Player (Germany)||Aug, 1994||76 out of 100||76|
|The DOS Spirit||Dec 14, 2007||4 out of 6||67|
|Score||Sep, 1994||61 out of 100||61|
There are currently no topics for this game.
FilesIn the PC version, there are two batch files (UKVER.BAT and USVER.BAT) in the Cool Spot game directory. UKVER.BAT makes the game "British" by removing the 7-up logo from the bottle displayed in the title screen. USVER.BAT on the other hand returns the 7-up logo.
- Amiga Joker
- Issue 02/1995 – #3 Best Dexterity Game in 1994 (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Game Map (Sega Master System) ()
- Let's Play Advergames (judge reinhold's playthrough of several advergames, including this one, on the Let's Play Archive)
- Wikipedia: Cool Spot (Information about Cool Spot at Wikipedia)