DescriptionThe year is 1953. When Steve Mason awakens in the quiet North American town called Harvest, he cannot remember anything. People claim to know him and even to be related to him, but he does not recall their names. As he explores the strange town, he encounters more and more eccentric people, whose behavior is difficult to explain. Everyone keep telling him that he should join the Lodge, the headquarters of the mysterious Order of the Harvest Moon. Steve is determined to find out the truth about the town and about himself, but he doesn't know that this truth is more horrifying than he could have ever imagined...
Harvester is essentially a point-and-click, puzzle-solving adventure game. Though a weapon-shaped icon allows the player to attack characters, this can only be done as a solution to a puzzle, in order to advance the game's plot at specific points. The largest bulk of the gameplay is dedicated to traditional adventure activities: talking to characters and manipulating inventory items to solve puzzles. "Hot spots" indicate interaction possibilities, as in most adventure games of that period. The game features video cut scenes with live actors; for gameplay portions, digitized animations of the actors are super-imposed over pre-rendered background graphics.
Part of the Following Groups
|Aventura y Cía||Jun 22, 2003||100|
|Coming Soon Magazine||Dec, 1996||83 out of 100||83|
|Entertainment Weekly||Dec 20, 1996||B+||83|
|PC Player (Germany)||Nov, 1996||80|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Jan, 1997||80 out of 100||80|
|Adventure-Treff||Jul 30, 2002||70 out of 100||70|
|PC Player (Denmark)||1997||60 out of 100||60|
|Computer Games Magazine||1997||30|
|High Score||Dec, 1996||1 out of 5||20|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|(Day 1)Dwayne doesn't disappear from police station||2||Parf (7306)
Nov 01, 2010
Same momsAll of the moms are played by the same actress: Mary Allen.
Version differencesThe UK and Australian versions were censored and miss the two cannibalistic cutscenes of children eating their mother. The in-game sequence and dialogues were left in the game.
It is also said to have the following changes, but those could not be confirmed after an examination of both versions by the German website schnittberichte.com which is dedicated to listing version differences:
- a disclaimer was added before the game starts.
- the main character's name was changed to Mike instead of Steve.
- several gory scenes were shortened.
- a removed scene in which the protagonist finds a murdered family.
- most of the offensive dialogue about gays, Italians, and Indians was removed.
- all verbal references to S&M were cut, but the S&M scenes themselves were not.
Related Web Sites
- Crap Shoot (A humorous review on PC Gamer)
- Harvester Facebook fan site (A Harvester fan site that features interviews with people that worked on Harvester, trivia related to the game, related photos, and more.)
- JulieAn130's Harvester Strategy/Solution Guide (Probably the best (and possibly the only) Harvester fan page on the net.)