DescriptionIn his second adventure James Pond must retrieve the toys Dr Maybe has stolen. Pond has been armed with an Inspector Gadget-style stretch device, which he can use to view higher areas or claw onto ceilings so as to slide across them.
The gameplay takes place across worlds themed around particular types of toys, such as sporting goods, candy and aircraft. The levels scroll sideways, although a small amount of vertical movement is included. On each level Pond must collect 2 penguins and reach the exit, although there are usually multiple exits and lots of secret areas to explore. After completing each pair of two worlds (each of which has three sub levels), a boss must be faced.
- "Super James Pond II" -- International SNES title
- "Super James Pond" -- Game Boy/US SNES title
- "RoboCod" -- Official European SEGA Master System abbreviation
- "James Pond II: Codename: RoboCod" -- In-game title
- "James Pond: Codename: RoboCod" -- European DS title
Part of the Following Groups
|Robocod is a real winner in platform games!||Accatone (5185)|
The Press Says
|Pixel-Heroes.de||Jun 13, 2011||8 out of 10||80|
|PC Games (Germany)||Aug, 1993||78 out of 100||78|
|PC Player (Germany)||Jul, 1993||72 out of 100||72|
|Power Play||Aug, 1993||68 out of 100||68|
|The DOS Spirit||Dec 06, 2013||3 out of 6||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
MusicThe title music by Richard Joseph bares much similarity to the theme from RoboCop (the movie). Some notes are changed, and the music is obviously much "cuter", but you can still hear the RoboCop theme in there!
Product placementThe UK release of the game featured considerable product placement from Penguin chocolate biscuits, making it one of the first games to use this form of marketing (Zool is another famous example from this era).
- Retro Gamer
- September 2004 (Issue #8) – #67 Best Game Of All Time (Readers' Vote)
- ST Format
- January 1993 (issue #42) - #17 in '50 finest Atari ST games of all time' list