DescriptionThis is the next installation of the Grand Theft Auto series, now back in Liberty City, just like GTA 3.
This time, the action takes place in 1998, and you're in the footsteps of Toni Cipriani. As usual in the series, you start off pretty low and work your way up in the food chain of the mob, fighting wars with other mafia families and doing all other sorts of dirty work.
The game is part of the Grand Theft Auto universe, so there you'll occasionally encounter characters you met in previous games of the series, although the storyline is pretty independent and makes few references to previous incidents and events.
All the other well-known elements of earlier games are in: You can have little side-missions as a pizza delivery boy, vigilante, cab driver, and more.
The PSP version supports multiplayer gameplay. Up to six gangsters can compete in deathmatches, capture the flag, and king of the hill.
- "侠盗车手：自由城故事" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "GTA: Liberty City Stories" -- Informal abbreviated title
- "GTA:LCS" -- Abbreviated title
- "グランド・セフト・オート・リバティーシティ・ストーリーズ" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- Gameplay feature: Chainsaws
- Genre: Open world / Free-roaming / Sandbox action and driving
- Grand Theft Auto series
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Protagonist: Gangster
|Back to Liberty City - in more than one way||PSP||EboMike (3009)|
|The great PS2 game shrunk down to portable size.||PSP||Joshua Price (28)|
The Press Says
|UOL Jogos||PSP||Nov 03, 2005||100|
|G4 TV: The Electric Playground||PSP||Feb 14, 2006||9.5 out of 10||95|
|Stuff Magazine||PSP||Oct 24, 2005||9.5 out of 10||95|
|GameZone||PSP||Nov 04, 2005||9.2 out of 10||92|
|Game Shark||PSP||Nov 22, 2005||A-||91|
|Wham! gaming||PSP||Nov 11, 2005||9 out of 10||90|
|Cyber Gaming Network (CGN)||PSP||Nov 29, 2005||4.25 out of 5||85|
|Netjak||PSP||Jan 10, 2006||8.5 out of 10||85|
|GameZone||PlayStation 2||Jun 13, 2006||8.2 out of 10||82|
|Fragland.net||PlayStation 2||Aug 22, 2006||70 out of 100||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
German versionThere are a number of changes in the German version:
- People lying on the ground can't be hurt with melee weapons
- There are no decapitations
- Bloody tire marks after driving over people were removed
- Killed enemies don't leave money behind
- During the mission "Karmageddon" driving over civilians don't count towards the mission goal
- Two statistics which count killed persons were removed
- The Rampage missions were removed
LazlowLike in all Grand Theft Auto games since GTA III, DJ Lazlow makes an appearance as a Radio Host on Liberty City Free Radio in this game's rendition of Chatterbox. Although in this particular game, his show is only a segment on the station, rather than the only running show on it, as was typically the case in other GTA games.
SalesAs of 2008 Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories is listed by Guinness World Records as the best-selling PSP game of all time.
- 2005 – PSP Game of the Year
- 2005 – PSP Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2005 – #4 Offline Multiplayer Game of the Year
- 2005 – PSP Action Game of the Year
- 2005 – PSP Multiplayer Game of the Year
- Golden Joystick Awards
- 2006 - Online Handheld Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Wikipedia: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories -- Information about Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories at Wikipedia
PlayStation 2 Credits