Not an American user?
DescriptionKing Graham and Queen Valanice were glad to have their children back. Graham thinks that it is time to pass onto them his old adventurers' hat. When he throws it across the room, he suffers a heart attack and collapses on the floor, and he is carried off to bed. The only way that Graham's health can be restored is by retrieving the magic fruit in the faraway land of Tamir. A beautiful fairy called Genesta offers Rosella the chance to be transported to the land, and find the fruit. But once she gets transported, she cannot be sent back unless she helps the fairy regain her talisman that was stolen by the evil witch, Lolotte.
King's Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella is the first game in the series to have a female as a lead character. As Rosella, you will meet characters that will either help or hinder you. You move Rosella around with arrow keys, and perform actions by typing commands.
Unlike the previous King's Quest games, which used the AGI engine, KQ IV uses the new SCI engine; the most visible effect is that the game is paused while you're typing, giving you time to give even the longest commands.
- "KQ4" -- common abbreviation
- "King's Quest IV: המיסתורין של רוזאלה" -- Hebrew spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Game Engine: Adventure Game Interpreter (AGI)
- Game Engine: Sierra's Creative Interpreter (SCI)
- Games with manual lookup copy protection
- King's Quest series
- Protagonist: Female
The Press Says
|Tilt||Atari ST||Apr, 1989||18 out of 20||90|
|CU Amiga||Amiga||Feb, 1990||85 out of 100||85|
|Amiga Computing||Amiga||Sep, 1990||81 out of 100||81|
|Atarimagazin||Atari ST||1989||8 out of 10||80|
|Power Play||Amiga||Oct, 1990||72 out of 100||72|
|Power Play||DOS||1989||72 out of 100||72|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||Amiga||1993||70 out of 100||70|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||DOS||1993||70 out of 100||70|
|Just Games Retro||DOS||Dec 01, 2008||60|
|Amiga Joker||Amiga||Sep, 1990||75 out of 100||25|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|An unconventional credit source||5||Zeppin (8343)
Feb 26, 2012
TriviaIf you type in some vulgar words, the game will respond "Perhaps you should purchase a copy of Leisure Suit Larry instead?"
For example, try "shit".
Related Web Sites
- DJvu Browser Plug-in -- Website containing plug-in needed to view the Spring '89 issue of The Sierra Newsletter.
- Hints for KQ4 -- Wonderful hints nudge you along to help you solve the many puzzles in KQ4.
- ScummVM -- supports the DOS and Apple IIgs versions of King's Quest IV under Windows, Linux, Macintosh and other platforms.
- The Sierra Newsletter - Spring '89 -- The Spring '89 issue contains an interesting article about "The Making of King's Quest IV". Worth a look. You must have the DJVu Browser plug-in in order to access the magazine.
Written and designed by: