DescriptionX³: Reunion is a space trading and combat simulation that continues the story of X²: The Threat. The war with the mysterious Khaak still rages at the borders of Argon space, where the weakened defending forces try to stop the expanding invasion. But a new, even bigger menace arises in the endless darkness of space.
Like its predecessors, the game features free-form gameplay, allowing the player to completely ignore the main story of the game (actually there is an option to play the game without any story at all). There are several ways to earn money or reputation - mining asteroids, trading, building player-owned stations, fighting against pirates or becoming pirate oneself, and so on. only to name a few. With a large variety of ships and equipment, the player can build (or capture) a whole customized battle and/or trading fleet.
There are no Linux screenshots for this game.
There are 21 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "X3：重聚" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "X3: Воссоединение" -- Russian spelling
- "X3" -- Informal name
- "X²: Reunion" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Mining
- Games made into books
- Genre: Simulation - Space trading and combat
- Merchant / Trade-oriented games
- Portability Engine: Cider
- X: Beyond the Frontier universe
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThe X²: The Threat expansion X²: The Return (German title: X²: Die Rückkehr) was canceled near completion to take favor of the X³ engine. All of the expansion's content was integrated into the new game.
Related Web Sites
- Have Starship, Will Travel (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Reunion (June, 2007).)
- X³: Reunion (Official game website)