DescriptionSuper Mario All-Stars
is a collection of previously released Super Mario
NES platform games. Each title is presented with its original gameplay and level design, but has been given a makeover in the graphics and sound department. A save option has been added allowing players to store the session data.
Included in Super Mario All-Stars
are the following games:
- Super Mario Bros.: Mario and Luigi must rescue the Princess and the Mushroom Retainers from the evil King Bowser.
- Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels: known as Super Mario Bros. 2 in Japan, this game features the same style of gameplay as the original Super Mario Bros. The game contains poison mushrooms, which will shrink or kill Mario, and new and old enemies, such as Flying Bloopers.
- Super Mario Bros. 2: also known as Super Mario USA in Japan, Mario and friends discover a mysterious land, called Subcon, that is being destroyed by Wart and his minions. They must rescue this strange land from the tyrant.
- Super Mario Bros. 3: Bowser, with the help of his Koopalings, takes over the Mushroom Kingdom's 7 lands and turns their kings into creatures. It's now up to Mario and Luigi to save the Mushroom Kingdom
- "Super Mario Collection" -- Japanese title
- "スーパーマリオコレクション" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
There are currently no topics for this game.
This compilation features the release of the original Japanese version of "Super Mario Bros. 2" ("Super Mario Bros. - Lost Levels") for the first time in America.
This entry to the MobyGames database was contributed by phlux (4144)
on Jun 06, 2002.