DescriptionThe third game in the series takes Gabriel Knight, the former owner of a book store in New Orleans, and now a Schattenjäger ("shadow hunter") living in a castle in Bavaria, to Rennes-le-Chateau, a quiet town in Southern France. Gabriel and his assistant Grace Nakimura investigate the kidnapping of a baby: the son of Prince James of Albany was taken away, and the trace leads to Rennes-le-Chateau. While exploring the town and its surroundings and getting acquainted with the unusual history of the place, Gabriel and Grace realize that supernatural beings are pulling the strings behind the stage, and become involved in a mystery with a religious background dating back to the very beginnings of Christianity.
Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned is a 3D adventure game. Playing as Gabriel or Grace, the player navigates the characters through fully 3D environments, which can also be viewed and explored from first-person perspective using the "camera" option. The player interacts with people and objects by clicking on them and then selecting one of the available actions. There are many kinds of puzzles in the game: traditional inventory-based ones, detective investigation, as well as complex puzzles based on the player's knowledge and understanding of the game's lore.
- "狩魔獵人3：聖魔血祭" -- Taiwan spelling
- "狩魔猎人3" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Гэбриэл Найт 3: В поисках Грааля" -- Russian spelling
- "GK3" -- Common abbreviation
- "Gabriel Knight 3: Testamento del Diablo" -- Spanish title
- "Gabriel Knight 3: Sangue Profano" -- Brazilian title
- "Gabriel Knight 3: Krew Świętych, Krew Potępionych" -- Polish title
- "Gabriel Knight 3: Il Mistero di Rennes-Le-Château, Il Mistero Macchiato di Sangue" -- Italian title
- "Gabriel Knight 3: Enigme en Pays Cathare" -- French title
- "Gabriel Knight 3: Blut der Heiligen, Blut der Verdammten" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
|Puntaeclicca.it||Jan, 2000||10 out of 10||100|
|incite PC Gaming||Jan, 2000||100|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Nov 29, 1999||92 out of 100||92|
|Quandary||Dec 16, 1999||90|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Dec 08, 1999||18 out of 20||90|
|Svenska PC Gamer||Jan, 2000||85 out of 100||85|
|PC Games (Germany)||Dec, 2000||80 out of 100||80|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Dec 21, 1999||71 out of 100||71|
|ESC Magazine||Jan 22, 2000||7 out of 10||70|
|Withingames||May 20, 2001||3 out of 5||60|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Best adventure series ever.||7||Oleg Roschin (174020)
Nov 08, 2011
|Still The Greatest||9||St. Martyne (3539)
Feb 23, 2009
|And that f'ing puzzle is not only stupid ...||9||Dr. M. "Schadenfreude" Von Katze (580)
Oct 03, 2007
BugsGabriel and Grace both give humorous comments at most objects you see in the game. Though there is a little bug in this - being Grace and looking in the museum of rennes-le-chateau and looking at one of the paintings on the wall in the big museum-hall will give you Gabriel's comment on it.
DevelopmentDean Erickson, who played Gabriel in GK2, was briefly considered to play the role of Gabriel again. But Sierra wanted a more professional actor to play the role and so Tim Curry was chosen to return to the series.
InspirationThe plot around the San Greal Secrets book is partially based on the real 1983 novel Holy Blood, Holy Grail. A controversial work on its own, it returned to the spotlights once again amid plagiarism speculations in the 2003 bestseller The Da Vinci Code.
LegacyGabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned was the last adventure game published by Sierra.
- Grace now has a computer that keeps all the shadow hunter's data and is called SIDNEY. The thing is, that when you enter "Gabriel Knight 4" as a topic of research, you get a ghost story. Jane Jensen affirmed that if GK4 ever gets out, as a book or a game, it will be about ghosts.
- When you look at the chicken who's walking outside the hotel, Gabriel will say something about the voodoo murders from the first Gabriel Knight adventure.
Wal-MartThe game's subtitle "Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned" was removed from the cover of boxes sold at Wal-Mart locations, as per their request.
Information also contributed by Crawly, Ju, just Ju..., Luis Silva, MAT, Picard, Tom Murphy and WildKard
Related Web Sites
- Gabriel Knight 3 (a fan site dedicated to GK3)
- GameFaqs GK3 FAQs & Guides (A collection of files (walkthroughs, facts, etc.) posted on Gamefaqs.com)
- GK3 Walkthrough (on Just Adventure)
- Hints for Gabriel Knight 3 (Jason's hints will definitely push you in the right direction while solving this game's many puzzles.)
- Mosely (A site dedicated to Detective Mosely, with an image gallery and even a minigame: Moselys alley)
- Playing this game in Windows XP (Inferno tells you how)
- Understanding GK3 (A guide for understanding the game's story and historical references.)
- Walkthrough by Crash (Nicely written and easy to follow solution)