DescriptionPrivateer 2: The Darkening is a follow-up to Wing Commander: Privateer. The player takes control of Ser Lev Arris, who is searching to regain his identity and memory. Like its predecessors, the game combines space combat simulation with exploration and trading. Along the way, the player can trade commodities, go on missions, attack strange mutants, rescue damsels in distress, meet weird characters, and visit unusual planets. It is possible to hire wingmen and cargo ships, as well as upgrade the current ship or buy new ones. Live-action movies advance the story.
- "The Darkening" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: "Simon says"
- Gameplay feature: Slavery
- Genre: Simulation - Space trading and combat
- Merchant / Trade-oriented games
- Privateer series
- Theme: Amnesia
- Visual technique / style: Live-action cutscenes
- Wing Commander spin-offs
- Wing Commander universe
There are no reviews for the Windows release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|PC Zone||Aug 13, 2001||9.4 out of 10||94|
|Gamezilla||Oct 06, 2000||88 out of 100||88|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Apr 04, 1997||70|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Will editing money make you skip side quests?||1||Kreshna Aryaguna
Aug 15, 2012
TriviaOrigin also released a Deluxe Edition for Privateer 2, and it contained, besides all the regular edition items, a large-sized poster of the cover picture and a military-style badge (to sew on a jacket, i.e.). It is somewhat rare and sought after.
Related Web Sites
- Privateer 2: The Darkening (official website)
- IMDb page of Privateer 2: The Darkening (The IMDb page of the game. Here you can see in which movies the actors played)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.