DescriptionSurviving a dare by your friends to spend the night in a haunted museum is how Shivers begins, but it soon turns into a challenge of capturing the evil Ixupi, ghosts of South American legend, in pots scattered throughout the museum.
The game is similar to Myst in many aspects in that it's an adventure game with a 1st-person slideshow-type presentation. Though unlike Myst, you have a life meter and the Ixupi can steal life from it if you aren't careful.
There are no Windows user screenshots for this game.
There are 18 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Shivers: What Darkness Conceals, Terror Reveals" -- Tag-lined title
- "Shivers: La Terreur Révèlera les Secrets des Ténêbres" -- French tag-lined title
Part of the Following Groups
- Game Engine: Sierra's Creative Interpreter (SCI)
- Live action cut-scenes
- Shivers series
- Theme: Haunted house
|Adventurearchiv||May 21, 2009||92 out of 100||92|
|Coming Soon Magazine||Mar 14, 1996||89 out of 100||89|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Dec 15, 2009||17 out of 20||85|
|PC Games (Germany)||Dec, 1995||73 out of 100||73|
|Score||Jan, 1996||7 out of 10||70|
|GameSpot||May 01, 1996||6.6 out of 10||66|
|Adventure Classic Gaming||Oct 22, 1997||3 out of 5||60|
|PC Joker||Dec, 1995||56 out of 100||56|
|High Score||May, 1996||2 out of 5||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThe random play factor of this game was influenced by Mixed-Up Mother Goose Deluxe, according to Marcia Bales, the game designer.
Related Web Sites
- Playing Shivers in Windows XP (Inferno's page tells you how)
- Shivers Hints (These hints cover all of the puzzles in the game and help you solve them yourself.)
- Zarf's Review (A Macintosh review of Shivers by Andrew Plotkin (March, 1999).)