DescriptionIn Jedi Outcast, you once again play Kyle Katarn, star of LucasArts' Star Wars-inspired 1st-person shooters Star Wars: Dark Forces and Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II.
Kyle has retired from being a Jedi fearing consequences from the Dark Side of the Power found within himself during his chase of the foul Sith-Lord Jerec into the lost vale of the Jedi at the end of Dark Forces 2. Chronologically taking place after the second Star Wars Trilogy, you'll meet various well known people from the original Star Wars movies like Luke Skywalker himself and Lando Calrissian.
Also following the tradition of its predecessors, you explore the surroundings in the typical 3D environment and can use a lot of different weapons and gear from the Star Wars Universe, including the famous Jedi Weapon, the light saber.
- "杰迪武士2：杰迪放逐者" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "JKII" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: id Tech 3 (Quake III)
- 3D Engine: id Tech 3 (Quake III: Team Arena)
- Force Powers-themed games
- Star Wars: Dark Forces / Jedi Knight series
- Star Wars licensees
|Some good Star Wars action sullied by a lot of irritating puzzles.||Entorphane (369)|
|Quite fantastic, actually.||MAT (66286)|
The Press Says
|GameZone||Nov 27, 2002||9.2 out of 10||92|
|Consoles Plus||Dec, 2002||91 out of 100||91|
|Game Informer Magazine||Dec, 2002||9 out of 10||90|
|Armchair Empire, The||Jan 09, 2002||8.9 out of 10||89|
|4Players.de||Jan 18, 2003||86 out of 100||86|
|Game Critics||Jun 09, 2003||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Play.tm||Jan 16, 2003||85 out of 100||85|
|Game Revolution||Dec, 2002||B+||83|
|XBox Evolved||Apr 10, 2004||7.7 out of 10||77|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 25, 2002||15 out of 20||75|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaBuilt with the ID software Q3: Team Arena engine.
Related Web Sites
- Fight the Dark Side (An Apple Games article (archived on the author's webpage) about the Macintosh version of Jedi Outcast, with commentary being provided by Aspyr Media President Michael Rogers (August, 2002).)
- Jedi Knight 2 files (Almost all major Jedi Outcast maps, skins and mods can be found here including Jedi Academy files.)
- NZMac Review (A (largely) unscored but positive review of the Macintosh version of the game by NZMac, a New Zealand Apple site (Jan. 01, 2003).)