Forums > MobyGames > Tell us a bit about your pictures

Depeche Mike (17454) on 11/10/2006 2:50 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm sure this has come up here and there but I've seen some really funny and sometimes curious pictures as your avatars. Can you tell me a bit about them? Me? I just like he-man... I'm really not very clever.

Игги Друге (46654) on 11/10/2006 3:07 AM · Permalink · Report

Mine is Cuthbert, because he looks so much like Brazil.

chirinea (47516) on 11/10/2006 3:55 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start chirinea wrote--]Mine is Cuthbert, because he looks so much like Brazil. [/Q --end chirinea wrote--] With the obvious exception of the red color... =)

chirinea (47516) on 11/10/2006 3:53 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Mine is the Schattenjagger's medallion, from Gabriel Knight series... it doesn't look like Brazil =P, but then again, I like the series a lot. This game truly inspired me in certain ways...

Marko Poutiainen (1151) on 11/10/2006 6:59 AM · Permalink · Report

That picture I ripped off of a local comic that was originally published in the university students' paper when I was studying there. Now the writer has had a few albums released. The comic is called "Tyrnävän verikoirat" (Hounddogs of Tyrnävä) and is basically about two students who are not quite so serious about studying as you might think. The comic is actually quite good and often quite bizarre (aliens are no aliens to these guys, for instance).

Here's a simple example: http://www.verikoirat.com/imgkoira/kannykka.gif

"Well, look at this. The mobile was in actually in my pocket. The old geezer was innocent after all." "Who would've believed? We got rough on him for no reason."

Luis Silva (13443) on 11/10/2006 10:18 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Mine's part of the Rogerdeanish header of my blog.

Actually was. Changed it today. Looking for something new to put here now.

Yeah. Kratos from one of my favourite VG Cats strips-

Ben K (23952) on 11/10/2006 12:03 PM · Permalink · Report

Mine's Edgeworth from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. It's from a short comic strip that came with my limited edition copy of the game. It was originally in black and white, so I scanned it in and partially coloured it using Photoshop. I think it came out nice.

Riamus (8480) on 11/10/2006 5:08 PM · Permalink · Report

Mine was made for me as an avatar for a MMORPG that was never released. I liked it, so I keep using it.

Indra was here (20750) on 11/10/2006 7:08 PM · Permalink · Report

Mine doesn't need explanation. It does however act as a warning and a disclamer everytime I chat with a Mobyuser at MSN. cough

Zovni (10504) on 11/10/2006 11:02 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Edit: Had a change of heart due to recent mouth-watering news... I guess this guy needs no introduction :D

Servo (57069) on 11/11/2006 5:27 AM · Permalink · Report

Mine is the laughing man.

nullnullnull (1463) on 11/11/2006 6:02 AM · Permalink · Report

mine is me taking from a blurry cell phone pic when i really didn't want to be photographed.

Donatello (466) on 11/11/2006 10:11 AM · Permalink · Report

Eyes of Raziel (main character of Legacy of Kain series).

Apogee IV (2274) on 11/11/2006 10:38 AM · Permalink · Report

Mine is the album cover to "Meat Puppets II" by the Meat Puppets.

Mr Almond (2485) on 11/11/2006 11:50 AM · Permalink · Report

It's me about 5 years ago with a great paintbox color scheme.

Zovni (10504) on 11/12/2006 3:39 PM · Permalink · Report

You use a Paintbox? Wow! Are you in TV or studio fxs or something?

General Error (4328) on 11/11/2006 10:54 PM · Permalink · Report

Mine's a strange corpse from the game Manhunter: New York. Man, did it scare me when I first played it! And then I thought of it when looking for some decent avatar.

Echidna Boy (569) on 11/28/2006 8:38 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start General Error wrote--]Mine's a strange corpse from the game Manhunter: New York. Man, did it scare me when I first played it! And then I thought of it when looking for some decent avatar. [/Q --end General Error wrote--]

Man, I love that game... It really is an underrated masterpiece. I was first explosed to it at about eleven years old and that scene really jarred me. I've had it burned into my brain ever since.

Sicarius (61517) on 11/12/2006 12:56 PM · Permalink · Report

Purple heart (obvious). It just looks cool. Simple but with style. Not so totally over the top like all the other medals out there.

Perhaps even a little sign of rebellion. A symbol that the real important people are at the bottom and not on the top but that's just something I made up now :D.

Matt Neuteboom (976) on 11/12/2006 4:41 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Mine is Cole and Brent from the webcomic PvP. I thought it was appropriate since the comic is about a bunch of people working for a gaming magazine. Cole is the short fat one, and Brent is the one in shades. Brent is my favorite character, and I just thought the two of them together made a cool avatar because if you notice, both of them are looking at the text in my post. I thought it was pretty cool.

Foxhack (32098) on 11/13/2006 2:25 AM · Permalink · Report

Well.

It's me. Sorta. Without getting into complicated explanations, that's my online avatar.

Shoddyan (15006) on 11/13/2006 8:45 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I just took a picture of myself with my old EGA 16-colour camera. I don't see what's so odd about that.

And remember to buy a postcard before you leave Phleebhut, or maybe an Astro Chicken hat? They're all the rage!

Ben K (23952) on 11/14/2006 9:01 AM · Permalink · Report

I need an orat-on-a-stick to get that belt from under those pods.

Riamus (8480) on 11/14/2006 10:34 PM · Permalink · Report

Heh. I loved that game. It was given to me back around 1991 or so without manuals or other documentation and I had no internet at the time to look up hints, so I had to work my way through all the puzzles without any help... it was rewarding to finally complete the game that way, but it was a pain trying to figure out all the right commands... jumping off that conveyer belt took me awhile to figure out exactly what to do (and do it quick enough).

Dae (7217) on 11/14/2006 3:41 AM · Permalink · Report

Juste Belmont, my favourite player character from my favourite Castlevania game. I've been thinking about changing it for some reason, but I haven't yet figured out to what so I'll probably keep it awhile.

Joshua J. Slone (4666) on 11/23/2006 9:50 AM · Permalink · Report

At another board it was a common thing for dancing bananas of different colors to represent different consoles or companies. I thought it would be fun to play on the DS's two screens by making a banana with two pairs of eyes. Since then it's become stuck on me.

Don Komarechka (1615) on 11/24/2006 2:55 AM · Permalink · Report

Well, I have discussed mine elsewhere... Picture take October 31st, 2006 at the EB Games where I work. I am wearing a promotional store display that we got shortly before the release of Tetris DS. I used a hot glue gun on all the seems and cut the necessary holes to fit inside. I always do something game-related for Halloween... check out my pumpkin from Halloween 2005: http://electricpickleonline.com/images/halloween/halloween05.jpg

Deadly Dudly (2232) on 11/28/2006 5:32 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Mine is a pic of one of my many online pug wins on Forza! (took the shot myself!)

Echidna Boy (569) on 11/28/2006 8:43 PM · Permalink · Report

My avatar is the creepy guy from an old Atari 8-Bit game called "The Institute". It is an amazingly bizarre game, and one of my all-time faves as well.

Also, I just noticed that it's not in the database! Time to contribute...

DarkBubble (342) on 11/30/2006 10:42 PM · Permalink · Report

I ripped all of the art from the Persona disk, found some pieces that I thought worked well, and tore at them in Photoshop. The character in front is one Guido Sardenia's forms, the skull behind him is from a spell, and the lightning effect was from the animation frames of another spell.