Forums > Game Talk > Looking for an old (probably DOS) skateboard game

Simoneer (29) on 10/2/2010 6:31 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I think it was called just "Skate", but I can't find anything about it. It was most likely freeware of shareware.

What I remember about it:

It's side-scrolling. Completely linear (obviously). You can do various flip tricks, some grabs, and slide or grind. A probable location is a school or a library. At one point you can jump and crush a teacher's (or librarian's) head. At the end of the stage (or stages) there's a big-ass ramp and you land in water (and you're meant to do lots of tricks during the jump to get points).

leilei (343) on 10/2/2010 8:16 PM · Permalink · Report

Sounds a lot like Skate or Die 2 for the NES.

Simoneer (29) on 10/2/2010 8:21 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Yeah, it actually does. It's not, though. The graphics are more Atari-ish than that. And I am positive it was a computer game. Thanks anyway!

leilei (343) on 10/2/2010 10:29 PM · Permalink · Report

Looking in my shovelware I came across "SkaterDude!(tm)" (SK8DUDE.ZIP) for Windows 95 which is a crappy platformer with photos taken for everything, badly put together in an amusing fashion. That's all I could find with "skate" in it. :(

Simoneer (29) on 10/2/2010 10:36 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Ah, how unfortunate. That sounds rather intriguing, though. Not that I think it's good in any way, but yeah. :P Some low-budget stuff fascinates me. It's interesting to see things a few untalented morons put together, and some of it has a certain entertainment value.

I appreciate the shown interest, anyways. Much appreciated.

leilei (343) on 10/3/2010 9:15 PM · Permalink · Report

This is what it looked like anyway

Pseudo_Intellectual (66542) on 10/4/2010 2:28 AM · Permalink · Report

Looks like you're at least halfway to a new game entry for it! How about you finish it off?

leilei (343) on 10/4/2010 2:54 AM · Permalink · Report

I'd have to write a 5-page essay for the description, which I cannot do, therefore, SkaterDude(tm) will forever be in MobyLimbo.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66542) on 10/4/2010 6:33 PM · Permalink · Report

You could get away with as little text as you've already shared in this thread. No need to overstate a straw man obstacle if the real problem is you're lazy 8)

Echidna Boy (569) on 10/9/2010 11:15 AM · Permalink · Report

[quote]At one point you can jump and crush a teacher's (or librarian's) head.[/quote]

I don't even need to play this game. I already love it.

DJP Mom (11333) on 10/9/2010 2:35 PM · Permalink · Report

Hey!

Simoneer (29) on 10/9/2010 4:21 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Echidna Boy wrote--][quote]At one point you can jump and crush a teacher's (or librarian's) head.[/quote]

I don't even need to play this game. I already love it. [/Q --end Echidna Boy wrote--] Haha!

[Q --start DJP Mom wrote--]Hey! [/Q --end DJP Mom wrote--] What, Mom? Are you a teacher or a librarian yourself?

MZ per X (3017) on 10/9/2010 7:50 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Simoneer wrote--] What, Mom? Are you a teacher or a librarian yourself? [/Q --end Simoneer wrote--] RHFP !! ;o)

Simoneer (29) on 10/9/2010 8:33 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start MZ per X wrote--] [Q2 --start Simoneer wrote--] What, Mom? Are you a teacher or a librarian yourself? [/Q2 --end Simoneer wrote--] RHFP !! ;o) [/Q --end MZ per X wrote--] This is the first time I've EVER seen that acronym. Did you make it up just for this occasion? It means "Read Her F** Profile", though, does it not?

I did so, after I posted that. :)

MZ per X (3017) on 10/9/2010 8:42 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Simoneer wrote--] [Q2 --start MZ per X wrote--] [Q3 --start Simoneer wrote--] What, Mom? Are you a teacher or a librarian yourself? [/Q3 --end Simoneer wrote--] RHFP !! ;o) [/Q2 --end MZ per X wrote--] This is the first time I've EVER seen that acronym. Did you make it up just for this occasion? It means "Read Her F** Profile", though, does it not? [/Q --end Simoneer wrote--] You guessed right, yeah, and I just invented it. But it has other meanings, too.

And, as the smiley indicated, no offense was meant of course. :o)

Simoneer (29) on 10/9/2010 8:56 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start MZ per X wrote--] You guessed right, yeah, and I just invented it. But it has other meanings, too. [/Q --end MZ per X wrote--] Sweet! I like guessing things right. Makes me feel smart.

[Q --start MZ per X wrote--] And, as the smiley indicated, no offense was meant of course. :o) [/Q --end MZ per X wrote--] None was taken. You indeed made it clear. :)

beetle120 (2415) on 10/11/2010 12:21 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start MZ per X wrote--] You guessed right, yeah, and I just invented it. [/Q --end MZ per X wrote--] I added it to Urban Dictionary, so now it is an official unofficial word. :)

beetle120 (2415) on 10/13/2010 10:40 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Woot, approved my life is now compete, nothing else achieved above this. You can even get it on a mug or t-shirt.

Parf (7871) on 10/16/2010 6:31 AM · Permalink · Report

I had to give it the first thumbs up! :)

MZ per X (3017) on 10/18/2010 12:20 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start beetle120 wrote--]Woot, approved my life is now compete, nothing else achieved above this. You can even get it on a mug or t-shirt. [/Q --end beetle120 wrote--] Haha, this is so cool, thanks a bunch. :o) And Google will preserve my authorship, yippee.