Forums > Game Forums > Assassin's Creed (Limited Edition) > Longest exit process I've ever seen

MichaelPalin (1414) on 4/11/2008 5:32 PM · Permalink · Report

Take a look at how long does it take to get out of Assassin's Creed in PC. This is one of those times when you think what the fuck were the developers thinking on. You even have to load your profile again, WTF?

DJP Mom (11333) on 4/11/2008 10:17 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start MichaelPalin wrote--]Take a look at how long does it take to get out of Assassin's Creed in PC. This is one of those times when you think what the fuck were the developers thinking on. You even have to load your profile again, WTF? [/Q --end MichaelPalin wrote--] Alt + F4?

MichaelPalin (1414) on 4/12/2008 6:52 AM · Permalink · Report

Luckily, it seem to work. But "Esc" + "Exit Game" menu option should be mandatory for any game

Pseudo_Intellectual (66361) on 4/11/2008 11:30 PM · Permalink · Report

Our game is so great, our users will never want to terminate its execution, and hence we entirely forgot to include quit functionality!

xroox (3895) on 4/12/2008 12:47 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

That is INSANE!

@Mom: What does ALT + F4 do, and why do you have more arcane PC knowledge than me?

EDIT: Just pressed it. Ah! Now I see. I'll have to remember that. Thanks!

chirinea (47495) on 4/12/2008 12:54 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Sam Jeffreys wrote--] @Mom: What does ALT + F4 do, and why do you have more arcane PC knowledge than me? [/Q --end Sam Jeffreys wrote--]Dude, that's what moms do, they teach us arcane knowledge.

Игги Друге (46653) on 4/12/2008 1:17 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Sam Jeffreys wrote--]@Mom: What does ALT + F4 do, and why do you have more arcane PC knowledge than me?

EDIT: Just pressed it. Ah! Now I see. I'll have to remember that. Thanks! [/Q --end Sam Jeffreys wrote--]

You're a Mac user, I presume. Alt+F4 is the Windows equivalent of command-Q, although more straining on the hand.

Slug Camargo (583) on 4/12/2008 9:42 PM · Permalink · Report

This reminds me about the demo for a game called In Cold Blood, in which there was a quit button, but it just wouldn't work o___O