Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Description official descriptions
Donkey Kong has been "kongnapped" by the nasty K. Rool and the Kremlings, and it is up to Diddy Kong and his girlfriend Dixie Kong to save him.
All the familiar enemies and helpful friends return, along with some new characters, including the wise Wrinkly Kong who will teach you some important lessons in gameplay. Again the emphasis is on banana collecting, whereas every one hundred bananas make one extra life. Apart from beating K. Rool and rescuing Donkey Kong, there are extra missions that can be completed. Collect enough K. Rool Kremkoins to open up the routes to the Lost World, while every level has a hidden Hero Coin to collect.
The Game Boy Advance version also includes a bonus game mode with three minigames (Expresso's Racing, Funky's Flights, and Bag a Bug) plus a time attack mode called Diddy's Dash (complete levels as fast as possible as Diddy Kong). This version of the game also includes an additional boss (Kerozene) and two more collectibles (Golden Feathers that increase Expresso's stats in the Expresso's Racing bonus game and photographs that fill out a scrapbook). Due to the addition of the bonus games and the scrapbook 28 more Hero Coins were also added.
- スーパードンキーコング２ ディクシー＆ディディー - Japanese spelling
- 大金刚城市2 - Chinese spelling (simplified)
- Animals: Birds
- Animals: Fish
- Animals: Primates (monkeys or apes)
- Animals: Snakes
- Animals: Spiders
- Console Generation Exclusives: SNES
- Donkey Kong Country series
- Donkey Kong games
- Enhanced ports / Port differences
- Game Center CX challenge games
- Gameplay feature: Game completion percentage
- Gameplay feature: Multiple endings
- Genre: Hop and Bop Platformer
- Nintendo Player's Choice releases
- Setting: Ship / Boat
See any errors or missing info for this game?
You can submit a correction, contribute trivia, add to a game group, add a related site or alternate title.
Credits (SNES version)
52 People (38 developers, 14 thanks) · View all
|Assistant Head Programmer|
|Characters / Animation|
|Objects and Additional Characters / Backgrounds|
|Additional Graphics Manipulation|
|Music / Sound Effects|
|Nintendo Product Testing|
|[ full credits ]|
Cancelled DOS port
According to David Wise, an DOS port was planned, but was cancelled because Nintendo wouldn't let them get away with that.
- In Cranky's Museum (SNES and Wii version), a poster of the character Thunder from Killer Instinct can be seen on the wall.
- After participating in Cranky Kong's "Video Game Heroes" contest, the players' results are tallied on a screen that shows the three top-scoring characters standing on pedestals. If you look below this, you will see Sonic the Hedgehog's red sneakers and Earthworm Jim's trademark plasma gun discarded alongside a trash can and a sign reading "NO HOPERS". Apparently they didn't make the cut.
- Game Informer
- August 2001 (Issue 100) - #65 in the "Top 100 Games of All Time" poll* Game Players
- Vol. 8, No. 13 (Holiday Edition) - Best SNES Game of the Year 1995
- Vol. 8, No. 13 (Holiday Edition) - Best 16-Bit Graphics of the Year 1995
- Mega Fun
- 1996 - SNES Game of the Year
Information also contributed by Big John WV, Guy Chapman and Pizzaking27
Related Sites +
Donkey Kong Country 2
Nintendo's official web site for the GBA version
OC ReMix Game Profile
Fan remixes of music from <em>Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest</em>.
- MobyGames ID: 6587
Know about this game? Add your expertise to help preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Kartanym.
New Nintendo 3DS, Wii U added by Michael Cassidy. Nintendo Switch added by Rik Hideto. Wii added by Sciere. Game Boy Advance added by gamewarrior.
Additional contributors: PCGamer77, Unicorn Lynx, Exodia85, Freeman, gamewarrior, Echidna Boy, Zaibatsu, Patrick Bregger, Thomas Thompson.
Game added June 6th, 2002. Last modified March 10th, 2023.