DescriptionGeorge, Lizzy and Ralph were just ordinary Americans, until an experiment went wrong, turning them into a Gorilla, Lizard and Werewolf respectively. Following this, the three of them plan to go round destroying buildings, and up to 3 human players can join in.
Smashing at the edges of the buildings for long enough will make them collapse. The police and military are after you, and will shoot at you, so try to destroy them (failing that, you can avoid the bullets). You will need to eat regularly, with things like plants on offer, to avoid shrinking back to being human.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Rampage!" -- TRS-80 CoCo in-game title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the TRS-80 CoCo release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Eating corpsesWhen one of your fellow players has been killed and drops back to the lowly state of human, eat him. You can continue to eat from this spot and fully revitalize yourself. (Make sure to quickly get back to this spot after destroying the current city, so that you can enter the next with full health!)
Number of playable character differencesThe game originally had three characters: George (King Kong), Lizzie (Godzilla) and Ralph (Wolfman). But the Atari Lynx version featured a fourth character named Lester, a giant Ratman, who could join in on the fun since the Lynx had 4-player support. By the same token, the NES version of the game only features George and Lizzie.
- October 1988 (issue #13) - Included in the Top-100 list of 1987/1988 (editorial staff selection)
- Commodore Force
- December 1993 (Issue 13) – #73 “Readers' Top 100”
- Commodore Format
- November 1994 (Issue 50) – #34 The All-Time Top 50 C64 Games
Related Web Sites
- Game Refuge, Inc. (The venerable creators of such arcade mega-hits as Rampage, Xenophobe, and the more recent Rampage: World Tour (no affiliation with the subsequent sequels Universal Tour and Rampage Through Time).)