DescriptionDemons from Hell have overrun the planet, and you are the brave space marine who is forced to defeat them and send them back to where they came from.
Ultimate DOOM is a full copy of DOOM with an additional fourth episode, titled Thy Flesh Consumed, which offers nine levels of more demon-slaying and bigger challenges.
- "The Ultimate Doom: Thy Flesh Consumed" -- European title
- "DOOM: Special Edition" -- Working title
- "DOOM Classic" -- iPhone title
- "DOOM" -- Xbox 360 title
Part of the Following Groups
|The beginning of (a love story with) FPS||Windows||vicrabb (6984)|
|Prepare to meet thy doom!||DOS||*Katakis* (37741)|
|What more could possibly be said?||DOS||Paul Budd (333)|
|A pointless extension to the original masterpiece.||DOS||Tomer Gabel (4394)|
The Press Says
|GotNext||Xbox 360||Oct 06, 2006||100|
|BlogCritics Magazine||Xbox 360||Sep 28, 2006||100|
|TeamXbox||Xbox 360||Sep 28, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|XboxFrance||Xbox 360||Apr 17, 2008||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Deeko||Xbox 360||Sep 30, 2006||8.5 out of 10||85|
|IGN UK||iPhone||Nov 03, 2009||8 out of 10||80|
|UOL Jogos||Xbox 360||Oct 06, 2006||80|
|Joystick (French)||Macintosh||Feb, 1996||75 out of 100||75|
|GameSpot||Xbox 360||Sep 28, 2006||7.3 out of 10||73|
|Pocket Gamer UK||iPhone||Nov 01, 2009||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaWhen asked "who's the guy responsible for Ultimate Doom (...) in fact why did they make an ultimate Doom", John Romero had this to say:
"Actually the decision to create Ultimate DOOM was brought up by me but it was going to happen eventually.(source: rome.ro)
You see, every id Software game was released as shareware, then at some point down the line, we would release the registered version into retail stores (where previously you could only purchase the full registered version over the phone).
Ultimate DOOM was the retail version of DOOM, but with an extra episode. I thought that we should create an extra episode and give the buyers more value, so Episode 4 was born. I had several people creating maps for the episode, which is why the consistency isn't there like Episode 1.
And the 4th episode was supposed to be VERY tough, which is why we had lots of outrageous names for the levels. We were putting together the 4th episode as early work on Quake was happening and I was busy doing executive producer work on Hexen."
Related Web Sites
- ClassicDOOM.com (Walkthroughs, cheat codes, passwords, demos, FAQs, reference files and more, for game-console and PC Doom games.)
- DoomWorld (The latest Doom news, levels, Total Conversions (TC's), ports and more.)
- JDoom (Arguably the best revisited Doom engine. Take your original WAD files from Doom 1, 2 etc. and run them on this D3D/OpenGL and A3D enabled engine.)
- S&F Prod.'s Doom Page (Here you'll find a Duke Nukem in Doom add-on and more.)
- Ultimate Doom (The official homepage)