DescriptionWith April O'Neil held hostage by The Shredder's thugs, Bebop and Rocksteady, once again, it's up to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to come to her rescue! Play as all four of the turtle heroes, rescue April, and then rescue your sensei Splinter from Mecha-Turtles clutches than go after The Shredder deep in the bowels of The Technodrome itself.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is an action game based on the late eighties/early nineties cartoon series of the same name. Play as Leonardo, Michaelangelo, Donatello and Raphael (one turtle only, but the ability to swap between turtles at any time) as you save your friends and battle The Shredder and his cronies. There are no 'lives', as such - when you lose a turtle, he becomes 'captured', and you cannot use him again until you rescue him from a place hidden in the overworld.
Gameplay takes place in two perspectives: a top-down view, which lets you run around and explore buildings, sewers and other places. When entering places from the top-down view, the perspective shifts to a side-scrolling view, where most of the battling takes place. In addition to each turtle's main weapon, sub-weapons (such as shuriken) can be acquired, to use at foes - these have a limited use.
There are no Wii screenshots for this game.
There are 108 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "激亀忍者伝" -- Japanese spelling
- "Tortugas Ninja" -- Spanish title
- "TMNT" -- Abbreviated title
- "TMHT" -- Abbreviated title (Europe)
- "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles" -- European title
- ""Les Tortues Ninja"" -- French title
- "Gekikame Ninja Den" -- Japanese title
- "げきかめにんじゃでん" -- Alternate Japanese spelling (Hiragana)
Part of the Following Groups
- Animals: Reptiles
- Games referenced in movies
- Inspiration: TV cartoons
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles licensees
- Theme: Ninjas
|Is it Castlevania or Ninja Turtles?||Fake Spam (94)|
The Press Says
|Jeuxvideo.com||Feb 03, 2011||16 out of 20||80|
|Mag'64||Sep 03, 2009||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Nintendo Life||Mar 17, 2007||30|
|GameSpot||Apr 05, 2007||2.7 out of 10||27|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Why is it so hated?||25||Foxhack (12491)
Mar 17, 2009
TriviaIn the movie "The Wizard", Jimmy is seen playing the Turtles at the arcade at the Casino in Reno. But of course, this ain't from the arcade but Nintendo wanted their game in it. How greedy!
Related Web Sites
- Howard & Nester do Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (A regular feature in Nintendo Power magazine, Howard & Nester was a comic strip about two game whizzes who would one-up each other, while disclosing hints and tips, in the settings of various recently-released games for the NES platform. In the July/August 1989 two-page installment, Nester helps the Ninja Turtles get through level three of their own game... and much pizza is eaten.)
- NinjaTurtles.com (All sorts of info on the movies, comics and video games)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on Wikipedia (article in the open encyclopedia about the game)
- Under Manhattan (A shrine site for the TMNT series)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.