Forums > MobyGames > Developer splits/merges - 2017

Freeman (65147) on 1/12/2017 11:15 PM · Permalink · Report

The other thread was getting a bit long so I thought I'd make a new one. Same thing as last time. If you come across a developer page that you feel requires some cleaning up, but aren't completely sure what's correct, feel free to post it here and hopefully we can get it sorted out. Just post the developer name as the subject when starting a new sub-thread.

Freeman (65147) on 1/12/2017 11:49 PM · Permalink · Report

The entry Yasuyuki Kido has an AKA for 'Kid'. This is based on his 3 Capcom credits: SSF2, SSF2T & Cyberbots. The other credits are for the company 'Racjin' and there he's only credited under his full name. The JP site Game_staff lists Yasuyuki Kido (城戸保行) for SSFII. Does anyone know where this connection comes from?

Freeman (65147) on 3/6/2017 6:14 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Does anyone have any evidence that the alias 'Chabin type M' is actually Ryoma Ikeda? I know that the Game_Staff site has them linked together but he doesn't provide any source for this. As far as I can tell, the only 'proof' that these are the same people is that during the intro credits for Tech Romancer, the 2nd programmer named is 'Ryoma Ikeda' and during the end credits, a variation of 'Chabin' is named as the 2nd programmer. This seems to fit, as:

• Kohei Akiyama is 1st in both,
  • a 'Katsuo' is 3rd in both
  • Kazuo Yamawaki is the 5th name However, why then doesn't he link 'Hero Hero' with Kenji Yamaguchi? Anyone have anything more definite on this?

Freeman (65147) on 3/6/2017 6:44 AM · Permalink · Report

C. Kanemitsu is credited with that name only on the Arcade version of Mercs under 'special thanks. For the other 3 credits, you have:

Kin:

• Planner on Quiz Tonosama no Yabō
  • Special thanks on Star Gladiator: Episode:I Kin-chan:
  • Planner on Adventure Quiz What's the reason that C. Kanemitsu is associated with 'Kin'?

Rik Hideto (473431) on 6/20/2017 10:23 PM · Permalink · Report

That's a good question. And just wondering, can we assume that C. stands for Chantilly?

Freeman (65147) on 6/21/2017 3:14 AM · Permalink · Report

I originally hadn't noticed this link from the approval comments - I had only looked at the source pictures. It seems that he was credited as C. Kanemitsu in the original arcade release of Adventure Quiz 2. So it would make sense to associate Kin-chan ('original planner') with Kanemitsu.

Freeman (65147) on 6/14/2017 12:05 AM · Permalink · Report

For Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge and Darkstalkers 3 the credits have the name Chizuko Tamura for 'Kozuchi'. I realize this is from that 'game_staff' site, but is there a source for it? I notice there isn't actually a page on that site for the developer so I'm wondering if this is another assumption.

Rik Hideto (473431) on 6/14/2017 3:22 PM · Permalink · Report

CHI-ZU-KO > KO-ZU-CHI. FREE-MAN > MAN-FREE.

Probably an assumption that actually makes sense.

Freeman (65147) on 6/15/2017 3:09 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks, that does make sense. I added 'Kozuchi' as an AKA to the page.

Freeman (65147) on 6/14/2017 1:17 AM · Permalink · Report

Another: What's the source for linking Yoko Sakamoto to the alias 'Ziggy'? Even game_staff lists the developer as ジギー坂本 (Ziggy Sakamoto). So where does the 'Yoko' come from?

Rik Hideto (473431) on 6/14/2017 9:37 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Freeman wrote--]What's the source [/Q --end Freeman wrote--]

Sure. I believe the source is ryanbus84.

EDIT: Try checking the old Natsume, Hudson Soft, and Sunsoft credits. You will find more "nonsense" stuff. Have fun.

Remember guys, Banana + Kiwi = Ban Ki-moon.

ryanbus84 (43320) on 6/14/2017 12:58 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

If I could interrupt at this point, the Arcade credits to Street Fighter II have Yoko Sakamoto as Ziggy, and I wasn't involved in those credits. You see, it all comes from somewhere.

Rik Hideto (473431) on 6/14/2017 3:13 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

In this case you are correct.

http://www.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/cpyrghts/dtls.do?fileNum=329687&type=1&lang=eng

http://www.mobygames.com/approval/approve_object?at=16&aso=Basement%3a%3aCreditSubmission%3bcredit_submission_id%3d192794&grp=0 (Jan 23, 2014)

However "it all comes from somewhere." is not very correct, and you know that. Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

Freeman (65147) on 6/15/2017 3:15 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks for the confirmation. I merged the Ziggy page with Yoko Sakamoto.

S Olafsson (60421) on 1/14/2017 11:11 AM · Permalink · Report

As per a pending correction:

All three creative services (codemasters and associated) could be the same person.
    Bulk of the entries for the first person could belong to different person(s)

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,10409/

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,460231/

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,624288/

Freeman (65147) on 1/14/2017 1:49 PM · Permalink · Report

Yes, it seems that altogether it's 2 separate people: The illustrator & the Blitz/Hardlight programmer. It seems clear that the art director on 'Making of Drowned God' is the same as the cover illustrator (compare the profile picture on file with this profile picture of the illustrator). Also included amongst his clients is Codemasters. 'Alastair Graham' would be the correct spelling for both. The only uncertain credits would be the special thanks for 'Firo & Klawd' & the tester credit on EJ. 'Firo & Klawd' probably goes to the illustrator (see: Special thanks: Jacqui Lyons of Marjacq then the Gene Machine credits where both Marjacq & Graham are credited). EJ might be someone separate, or an early credit of the programmer. His LI only begins in 2005 with nothing mentioned before, so a testing credit at a UK based studio that went bankrupt would also be completely plausible.

S Olafsson (60421) on 1/14/2017 5:25 PM · Permalink · Report

Firo & Klawd is an Oliver Twin production (the founders of Blitz)

Freeman (65147) on 1/14/2017 6:25 PM · Permalink · Report

Yes, I thought of the Blitz connection but I doubt that the Blitz programmer was there back in the 90s. Also, the 2 other names in that special thanks group are non vg industry people (Jacqui Lyons of Marjacq and someone whose other 2 credits are support roles) which is why I think that it's the illustrator who's meant.

Freeman (65147) on 1/20/2017 2:47 PM · Permalink · Report

I merged them and added the misspelled variant as an AKA since it seemed to appear rather often.

linibot (79) on 1/22/2017 5:38 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Newly registered, first post, excuse my complete ignorance.

Every time I look in and see something missing or needing correcting I keep wanting to chip in my tiny lil thing, but frankly the system looks a bit like alchemy to an outsider. ;)

And it isn't that I'm unsure this merge is correct, I personally know it is. I just wasn't sure how to add this type of correction or where, so it's good luck this thread was sitting right on top. The descriptions in both standards and in the page itself didn't help btw. But maybe one of you folks can make the correction.

There are 3 Lars Doucet's in the database, and at least 2 of them are definitely the same person:

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,600299/ and http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,758081/

I am also assuming with some degree of certainty that he is the same Lars A. Doucet who contributed in Knytt Stories.

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,286491/

The middle initial matches though he doesn't always use it and I have a vague recollection of him being involved in Knytt's development. Could confirm that I suppose, but I'm fairly certain.

Freeman (65147) on 1/23/2017 12:43 AM · Permalink · Report

Hello, and welcome to the site. It can be a bit difficult to navigate at first, but you do get used to it. On the developer page, there's an option under 'contribute' where you can submit corrections for various things - including requesting that different pages be merged/split. I merged the 3 pages since this seems to confirm that it is the same person.

linibot (79) on 1/23/2017 3:10 AM · Permalink · Report

Thank you. I tried doing that but ended up tripping somewhere and am now left with a WIP notification I can't seem to clear. Ah well. I used up the time to write up a small bio for him instead, which was a fun exercise.

Freeman (65147) on 1/23/2017 9:05 PM · Permalink · Report

For WIP notifications like that there's an option under the 'more info' link to abandon the submission.

linibot (79) on 1/23/2017 10:16 PM · Permalink · Report

Thank you again for the help!

S Olafsson (60421) on 1/26/2017 2:41 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

CPC Power has Sonja Knight as an AKA for Paul Griffiths, of course without a primary source. What can you guys think of that can shed a light on this?

This is what WoS has to say about it.

Terok Nor (42768) on 1/26/2017 3:56 PM · Permalink · Report

Check it out.

S Olafsson (60421) on 2/5/2017 10:02 AM · Permalink · Report

Interesting, so safe to merge?

Freeman (65147) on 2/5/2017 2:37 PM · Permalink · Report

From Terok's link it seems so. After the merge, for the three games 'Sonya' is credited with, I would edit the Paul Griffiths entry as 'Paul Griffiths (as Sonja Knight)', just to retain on which games he went with that alias. Otherwise, if you just merge them it will be more difficult to know this later.

Freeman (65147) on 2/6/2017 4:46 AM · Permalink · Report

1) There were a couple of other entries in this one too (EA Jonathan Harris, Stunt Island credit, etc). A couple of further points:

The Psygnosis artist and the British artist linked to in the Wiki article are different people. The only credit the British artist should have is the 1984 cover art credit (this is mentioned in the Wiki article). This is the Psygnosis artist: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/john-harris-3341b01

I split off 2 LucasArts credits which were credited with 'Additional Graphic Support' from the main entry. These might belong to the Psygnosis artist (he does mention 30 years of experience on his LI profile), but he doesn't mention LA and he is UK based (with LA being California based). I decided to make this one a separate entry.

2) Be careful with similar but common names - they're often different people. Jon Harris was a tester for Gearbox on the PC port. The other 2 John Harris entries are plausibly the same person - they're credited at several different MS contractors (CompuCom then Excell) and then at Bugie for Destiny. I merged those ones since the spelling is the same and the timeline doesn't conflict (couldn't verify with LI).

3) Created a new Microprose entry with the 2 1986 Microprose credits (Gunship, Conflict in Vietnam) from the main John Harris entry. The interview linked to on our John Harris profile mentions at the bottom (under update): "After Atari Corp. dropped all Jaguar developers in early 1996, John began doing Sony Playstation development at Tachyon with Chris Iden, another ex-Sierra employee. It's the first outside job he's had in over fifteen years." This would seem to imply that the Microprose credit belongs to another John Harris. I don't know if the John Harris credited with programming on CiV is the same as the Saffire programmer credited with the 2000 ESPN MLS GameNight.

4) One of the Jonathan Harris's has a senior position at EA. The 2013 QA tester is a different person.
    https://br.linkedin.com/in/jonathan-harris-5896a7

The entry at 5883 was several different people. I made splits where appropriate.

Infernos (44622) on 2/7/2017 4:41 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Great work with the research. Yeah, I confused the British artist with Psygnosis artist, however Wikipedia's article on Awesome (Psygnosis game) says "The box art for Awesome was painted by science fiction artist John Harris." more specifically, the painting called Mass: The Building of FTL1.

Looking at the game's credits here, is the right John Harris credited here or did both of them work on this game, one as the cover artist and the other as graphics artist?

Freeman (65147) on 2/10/2017 3:06 AM · Permalink · Report

Ah, thanks for pointing out that the painter John Harris did the cover. No, the other John Harris shouldn't be credited on this title - I missed the fact that this was a Reflections game and Psygnosis just published. Also, I found a scan of the manual and only Martin & Cormac are credited on the game's graphics with John Harris having a separate 'Cover Artwork' credit. I split the credit off and I'll edit the credits on file to match the manual so the roles are more clear.

Freeman (65147) on 2/5/2017 1:41 AM · Permalink · Report

This entry is clearly several different people. Also, along with the two listed AKAs there are also credits where's he's credited as Y. Matsumoto or even just Matsumoto.

Freeman (65147) on 2/7/2017 1:03 AM · Permalink · Report

Do you think that the 'Genesis Software' titles are also his?

S Olafsson (60421) on 2/7/2017 8:47 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I fixed one of my own mistakes, which in turn eliminated 124566.

But, yes I tend to believe so, since Genesis Software crosses with Codemasters (as developer/publisher). And a lot of the same suspects surrounding him.

Edit:
    Here is also some crossover:
    http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,127830/

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/dave-clark/credits/developerId,320633/

Freeman (65147) on 2/10/2017 4:26 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

You're right about the 'genesis software' games. Here's an interview with Jonathan Temples (formerly Smyth) where he confirms it. He also confirms that David Clarke was still in the games industry at the time of the interview (PS2 programmer).

I merged both the Codemasters credits and also the other Eidos/SCI Dave Clark credits.

S Olafsson (60421) on 2/10/2017 10:58 AM · Permalink · Report

So this might very well be the same person?

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,127888/

Freeman (65147) on 2/10/2017 4:36 PM · Permalink · Report

It seems quite likely. It's another UK based studio and the only other Dave/David Clarke with any sort of programming credits in the db is this one, and he would have no credits before 2011.

Evolyzer (21862) on 2/10/2017 5:15 PM · Permalink · Report

I guess Frédéric Batardy and Batardy Frédéric is the same person

Freeman (65147) on 2/10/2017 7:55 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks, merged.

Evolyzer (21862) on 2/11/2017 1:43 PM · Permalink · Report

I guess Carlos A. Calderone and Carlos A. Caldarone is the same person since both have worked on games published by Yuisy

Sciere (930965) on 2/11/2017 1:57 PM · Permalink · Report

LinkedIn - merged.

Freeman (65147) on 2/11/2017 9:17 PM · Permalink · Report

The following are from JP games I submitted where I wasn't certain of what the correct reading of the kanji was, and for whom I wasn't able to find any matches in our db:

Master of Syougi:

• 石井朋和
  • 佐藤雅子
  • 森田鈍平
  • 小野克明
  • 山本好是 Denjimakai:
  • 坪倉 靖
  • 成重 尚弘
  • 太田 亜希 Denjinmakai 2
  • 中田 吉保

Игги Друге (46654) on 4/30/2017 11:50 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Freeman wrote--]The following are from JP games I submitted where I wasn't certain of what the correct reading of the kanji was, and for whom I wasn't able to find any matches in our db:[/Q --end Freeman wrote--]

Master of Syougi:

• 石井朋和 Tomokazu Ishii
  • 佐藤雅子 Masako Satō
  • 森田鈍平 Junpei/Jumpei Morita
  • 小野克明 Katsuaki Ono
  • 山本好是 Possibly Yoshiyuki Yamamoto, or Yoshikore Denjimakai:
  • 坪倉 靖 Yasushi Tsubokura
  • 成重 尚弘 Naohiro Narishige
  • 太田 亜希 Aki Ōta Denjinmakai 2
  • 中田 吉保 Yoshiyasu Tanaka

Freeman (65147) on 5/6/2017 8:20 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks for the reply. Though I'm curious, is there any way of knowing specifically which reading is actually meant? I used this site as a reference and for all the aforementioned names, there were multiple readings and I wasn't sure if one reading was better than another. The first name, 石井朋和, for instance: Tomokazu seemed like the only reading for 朋和, but 石井 could be read as Ishii or Iwai. The same with the others as well - some had one alternate reading and some many.

Also, for 中田 吉保, did you mean Nakata? According to the same site, the spelling for Tanaka is 田中.

Tracy Poff (2095) on 5/9/2017 4:25 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Though I'm curious, is there any way of knowing specifically which reading is actually meant?

For some names, you can be pretty sure, e.g. 田中 is going to be Tanaka, but for given names especially there can be multiple readings. Unless you can find out how the person in question reads the name, you can't be sure (and sometimes game developers will give names weird and unlikely readings as pseudonyms, too...).

Edit: Though some readings are much more common than others, and going with the common reading unless you have evidence to the contrary is sensible in such cases; I'm sure we can trust Iggy on these.

Also, for 中田 吉保, did you mean Nakata?

It could be Nakata or Nakada.

Игги Друге (46654) on 6/13/2017 8:40 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Freeman wrote--]Thanks for the reply. Though I'm curious, is there any way of knowing specifically which reading is actually meant? I used this site as a reference and for all the aforementioned names, there were multiple readings and I wasn't sure if one reading was better than another. The first name, 石井朋和, for instance: Tomokazu seemed like the only reading for 朋和, but 石井 could be read as Ishii or Iwai. The same with the others as well - some had one alternate reading and some many. [/Q --end Freeman wrote--]

It's mainly just experience. The dictionaries won't give you any numbers for how common a certain reading is, so they tend to add to confusion (even though there is always the remote possibility that a name is read in a totally unexpected way). When in doubt, i consult Wikipedia to see if there are others going by that name, and if they were born in the 20th century or two hundred years ago, in which case their readings may be the source of the confusing multiple alternatives of dictionaries.

For example, Iwai as a reading for 石井 must be a minority case — it's usually written 石井. In such cases, you can even use your computer (set to Japanese input) and just enter the reading and see what comes up.

[Q --start Freeman wrote--]Also, for 中田 吉保, did you mean Nakata? According to the same site, the spelling for Tanaka is 田中. [/Q --end Freeman wrote--] Yes, of course.

Freeman (65147) on 6/15/2017 3:48 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks again. I just have one more question.

森田鈍平: Here's the the name from the credits, was 鈍 correct? The Tangorin site doesn't mention this spelling for Junpei, and this site only has 'Donbei' for that spelling.

Rwolf (23449) on 2/11/2017 9:53 PM · Permalink · Report

I've queued a (possibly) complex split/merge credit change request for this developer (226692). He has some DS credits on two devID:s with one game in the SiN franchise not belonging to him, according to a PM reply from himself, as a response to a query regarding his 'The trouble with robots' game.

Freeman (65147) on 2/12/2017 4:13 PM · Permalink · Report

Done. I left you a message with the correction.

Rwolf (23449) on 2/12/2017 4:50 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks Freeman!

Infernos (44622) on 2/13/2017 1:15 PM · Permalink · Report

Played through the FM Towns version of The Legend of Kyrandia and the end game credits have Taisei Nomura, Ohshun Lee listed as "FM-TOWNS Programmer" while the credits on Moby (which I presume are sourced from the game's manual) list Yasukiyo Nomura, Ōshun Ri as "Fujitsu FM-Towns program".

I get the Ri/Lee thing considering the Japanese have a hard time pronouncing "L", but what about this Nomura character? Could it be the beatmania programmer?

Tracy Poff (2095) on 2/13/2017 5:40 PM · Permalink · Report

Could be a misreading on our part. 泰清 have on'yomi "tai sei" and kun'yomi "yasu kiyo". You can't necessarily know how a name is to be read.

There's a big gap in time between the Kyrandia and Beatmania credits, but it's possible they're the same person.

Freeman (65147) on 2/13/2017 10:25 PM · Permalink · Report

I edited the entry to 'Taisei Nomura'. This is one of the problems in guessing the correct reading of kanji. For the few games I added with JP credits I omitted any uncertain readings and just left the original spelling.

For 'Ri', that appears to be the correct transliteration for the kanji. 'Lee' would be the Chinese (Wade-Giles) spelling. I added it as an AKA.

Evolyzer (21862) on 2/15/2017 7:39 PM · Permalink · Report

I guess Wang Su Ni and Su Ni Wang is the same person

Evolyzer (21862) on 2/15/2017 8:28 PM · Permalink · Report

I guess Mauricio Cabral and José Mauricio Cabral Frias might be the same person

Freeman (65147) on 2/15/2017 10:23 PM · Permalink · Report

Yes, they're the same person.

I also merged the Ubisoft animator as well. Unfortunately, a lot of the Chinese names in the db are listed with their surname first, which means there are plenty of future merges here.

Evolyzer (21862) on 2/17/2017 9:43 AM · Permalink · Report

George Enescu and George Adrian Enescu might be the same person

Freeman (65147) on 2/18/2017 7:03 PM · Permalink · Report

1) Merged the 2 Enescu credits - his LI confirmed he was project manager on Watch Dogs.

2) Re: Florian Mihai - These are 2 separate people. Florian Mihai's LI confirms that he's been at Ubisoft since 2009 (the other credit is a 2013 EA QA credit).

3) Merged: Guo is the surname.

4) Merged along with HaoYu Fu as well.

5) Thanks, 'Ying' was a typo (it was Ting in the credits).

Evolyzer (21862) on 2/17/2017 11:02 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I guess Florian Mihai and Mihai Florian Banc is the same person, since 'Florian Mihai' is creditet for 'UOR/Networking' in the subgroup 'Ubisoft Bucharest' in the credits I am actually adding.

Evolyzer (21862) on 2/17/2017 11:16 AM · Permalink · Report

Si Da Guo is likely to be the same person as Guo Si Da.

Evolyzer (21862) on 2/17/2017 11:20 AM · Permalink · Report

Hao Yu Fu and Fu Hao Yu as well

Evolyzer (21862) on 2/17/2017 11:22 AM · Permalink · Report

Fu Hao Yu vs. Fu Yu Ting might be a typo

Pseudo_Intellectual (66516) on 2/20/2017 5:07 AM · Permalink · Report

From the latest CRPG Addict post:

"I haven't been able to find out much about Johnson. His credits go back to Automated Simulations' Dunjonquest series of 1978-1981, where he is listed as one of the level designers, and he continues as a playtester on some other AS titles through 1983. He must have joined SSI before 1985, as he first appears as a playtester on U.S.A.A.F. and Battle of Antietam that year. Roadwar 2000 seems to be his first title as the lead developer and programmer, and he lent support to Rings of Zilfin the same year. After Roadwar Europa (1987), there's an 8-year gap in his resume before he shows up as the co-designer of a strategy game called Stars! (1995).

MobyGames has him working on a variety of sports games for Midway Games after that, but I think maybe they've conflated him with a different developer. I found a LinkedIn profile for a Jeff Joh[n]son who indicates that he started his career at Midway Games in 1991 and was getting his bachelor's degree for the 4 years before that. He seems too young to have been programming for Automated Simulations as early as 1980. This raises the question of what happened to the "real" Johnson after 1987. In any event, I can't find any indication that he was ever interviewed about Roadwar 2000 or his time at SSI, but it's hard to untangle him from a bunch of other people of the same name. Parents, this is why if you have the last name "Johnson," you give your kid a name like "Jezezzery" instead."

Freeman (65147) on 2/21/2017 5:38 AM · Permalink · Report

I went through all our Jeff/Jeffrey/Jeffery Johnson/Johnston credits and cleaned them up. The SSI developer obviously isn't the Midway dev as the latter mentions on his LI profile that he began his career at Midway. Of the remaining credits for the former, the only questionable ones would be the 1995 Stars! credit and the 1987 credit for the Microprose title 'F-19 Stealth Fighter'.

S Olafsson (60421) on 2/22/2017 9:11 PM · Permalink · Report

Most likely the same, Robin Chapman and Rob Chapman.

CPC Power has him as a Players graphican signing as ROB, which makes me wonder if the is the person responsible for the Players generic Speccy loading screen?

Freeman (65147) on 2/23/2017 4:50 AM · Permalink · Report

It's very likely, though I suppose there's nothing definitive that would tie them together. I wasn't able to find anything on him when searching.

S Olafsson (60421) on 2/23/2017 3:53 PM · Permalink · Report

See his own bio on one of the profiles.

Freeman (65147) on 2/23/2017 4:16 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Heh, how did I miss that? Merged.

Edit: Will you add the credits for the PCW version of Aftershock?

S Olafsson (60421) on 2/23/2017 5:33 PM · Permalink · Report

Already done ;) (Plus Galdregon's Domain)

S Olafsson (60421) on 2/23/2017 4:13 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

There seems to be some mixup here, can't quite put my finger on it though:
    Luis Rodriguez
    Luis Miguel Rodríguez
    Luis Rodríguez Soler

Freeman (65147) on 2/23/2017 5:36 PM · Permalink · Report

• Luis A. Rodriguez - artist at Tigar Hare Studios.
  • Luis Rodriguez - Sound engineer at Voice of the Arts.
  • Luis Miguel Rodriguez - Tester at Pendulo (Spanish studio). This might be the same person as the Luis Miguel Rodríguez at EA Europe (QA).
  • Luis Rodríguez Soler - The archived link on file confirms the listed credits (also, see his LI profile). I split off the 2008 credit for Mission Equitation Online which was for a Luis Soler working at a French company. This is why similar sounding names aren't always the same people.

Freeman (65147) on 2/27/2017 6:06 PM · Permalink · Report

Done. Thanks for the confirmation on the correct spelling.

Freeman (65147) on 2/27/2017 6:05 PM · Permalink · Report

We have a Simon Beal (Programming) and a S. Beal (Graphics), both credited on 1991 games for 'An Animated Pixels Production' (Life & Death, WCS). Anyone know if these are the same person?

Freeman (65147) on 2/28/2017 7:28 PM · Permalink · Report

The following entries were split from a larger entry. I split them into 2 separate entries, but I'm not sure if they're the same person or not:

Michael J. Archer: Credited at the UK company 'Martech' then at Probe for Alien 3 (both were credited as Michael J. Archer).

Michael Archer: Climax technical support. Also has a credit with Images Software which was associated with Climax. The timeline would support the 2 being the same person, but the latter entry was never credited as 'Michael J. Archer' so I didn't want to merge them just in case (except for Sim Theme Park, I was able to check all the sources).

Evolyzer (21862) on 2/28/2017 9:05 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I guess Gwen Raymond and Gwenifer Raymond is the same person. Source: Worked on: Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai, Total War: Rome 2, Total War: Rome 2: Attila, Fable Fortune

I guess Catherine Woolley and Gwenifer Raymond is the same person. Source: Worked on: Alien: Isolation, Halo Wars 2

Freeman (65147) on 3/1/2017 8:57 PM · Permalink · Report

Merged them both.

Freeman (65147) on 3/2/2017 11:27 PM · Permalink · Report

Re: Simmons. Different people. 795276 began his professional career in 2001 (see LI).

Re: Justin. Merged. There was no source file and I wasn't able to find a manual scan (and no ingame credits) so I don't know if the typo was from the contributor or manual.

Evolyzer (21862) on 3/10/2017 9:52 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Rachel Lee & Rachael Lee

source

Freeman (65147) on 3/11/2017 4:32 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Merged & Split. There's also the Namco Marketing Rachel Lee: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rachel-lee-4752a61/
    Rachael was a contributor typo.

Edit: Rachel Lee (Namco/SE) is also Rachel Funatsu: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rachel-funatsu-70607634/

Evolyzer (21862) on 3/17/2017 6:12 PM · Permalink · Report

Gabriel Hacker & Gabriel Schorsch Hacker

Freeman (65147) on 3/25/2017 7:33 PM · Permalink · Report

Merged.

Jake AM (9491) on 3/24/2017 5:59 AM · Permalink · Report

Thinking the Backer credits should probably be split from the main developer credits, unless there's sufficient proof that it's the same person (in the middle of a contribution on this one, and using it as I figured it'd be easier splitting, than splitting then having to merge).

Sciere (930965) on 3/24/2017 7:34 AM · Permalink · Report

As we usually don't know, we tend to keep the backer tied to another developer if there is only one person with that name in the database, to avoid prompting choosing between the two all the time when adding credits. If the backer is proved to be someone different, a short mention of that in the bio is helpful.

Jake AM (9491) on 3/28/2017 4:05 AM · Permalink · Report

Thinking Jane Collingwood and Jane Collingwood can be merged. Just looking for a second opinion on this one.

Freeman (65147) on 3/29/2017 12:30 AM · Permalink · Report

Merged, I'm assuming it's this person.

Jake AM (9491) on 3/31/2017 3:30 AM · Permalink · Report

In the middle of a submission, so I'm just going to drop this here to speed up my progress on the credits:
    Rich
    Richard

Pretty sure they're the same person, if not, at the least the Mortal Kombat credits on Rich should be merged into Richard.

Jake AM (9491) on 3/31/2017 3:34 AM · Permalink · Report

Another one:

Joe
    Joseph

Very least Stanglehold and Charlie Chocolate should be merged with Joe (with an alt/changing main name to Joseph with alt).

Jake AM (9491) on 3/31/2017 3:57 AM · Permalink · Report

Pretty sure there's some issues with the associated credits for Ryan Rosenberg. Unsure if he did both artistry and voice talents on the games, or if they are separate people. But current credits are mixed between the two developers.

Jake AM (9491) on 3/31/2017 5:15 AM · Permalink · Report

Can someone have a look at the various developers for Chris Hughes? I'm thinking there's a bit of cleanup needed on this one.

Freeman (65147) on 4/1/2017 12:15 PM · Permalink · Report

1) Carle - merged.
    2) Berger - merged. His LI doesn't mention work before 2009, but the roles would seem to indicate that it's the same person at High Voltage.
    3) Rosenberg - merged. He worked on the games on which he had VO roles (quite a few of the VO credits are staff members).
    4) Chris Hughes:

• 3 different music writing credits.
  • THQ/Respawn
  • Warner Bros. Sales
  • Chris Hughes Games
  • Aksys Games
  • Artist - couldn't find any LI profile, could still be multiple people.

Rik Hideto (473431) on 4/2/2017 12:26 AM · Permalink · Report

I submitted corrections for pages like Saddy, Happy, Nyappy, and few others that you created. IF you are interested in fixing your own spam/mistakes/whatever, feel free to do it, you will have all my friendship and support.

I'm not joking (and screw April Fools' Day), there's really a page for Saddy: http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,809141/

Freeman (65147) on 4/2/2017 4:50 PM · Permalink · Report

If the same alias is used across multiple games, and it's obviously the same person, then it's perfectly fine to add it as a developer page. A page like 'Saddy' is a good case in point as it's clearly the same individual across all three games. Where this isn't acceptable is where the name is only a first name/surname, or an alias that has no connection to any other game. Also, I think it makes more sense for a Capcom producer/planner to have his own page than some of the 'Special Thanks' pages which are just family members of the dev team.

Jake AM (9491) on 4/3/2017 3:05 AM · Permalink · Report

Going to do two in this one...

1) Ayumi Takahashi: 280830 and 819436. I think 819436 is fine as it is, but 280830 may need some splitting possibly? Or I'm completely off base and it's the same person...

2) Takeshi Ochiai: 79367 and 675073. Thinking at least the localization credits on 79367 should be merged into 675073, unless they're both the same person...

Freeman (65147) on 4/4/2017 1:45 AM · Permalink · Report

1) 819436 is actually Ayumu (not Ayumi) Takahashi.

2) Split Ayumi Takahashi into 4 entries:

• The one credited with bus. dev. at Premium Agency has a LI page.
  • Lyrics writer.
  • Animator
  • Localization tester 3) Moved the loc. testing credit to 675073. The other Takeshi Ochiai has a LI profile and lists all of his work since 1996.

Rwolf (23449) on 4/6/2017 10:19 PM · Permalink · Report

Steve Hayes(674087) & Steven E.Hayes(101657) - may be either the same person, or a mixup. (The second also has Steve Hayes as an AKA)

SH#1 has two credits, one with EA in 1991 as Technical Director for a Genesis game (The Faery Tale Adventure: Book 1) - this role is often shouldered by SH#2.

(SH#1 also is listed for a 1993 CD-i game (Pac-Attack), though only with 'Thanks' credit.)

For a 1993 3DO game called 'Twisted the game show' I am about to enter some ingame credits for a 'Steven Hayes' with programming skills. Hmmm...Technical Director and Programmer...maybe ok?

(The second SH#2 is already listed as programmer for a Genesis game released in 1991 (Blockout). so maybe he will match best)

Freeman (65147) on 4/8/2017 3:52 AM · Permalink · Report

I moved the 'Faery Tale Adventure: Book I' credit to Steven E. Hayes and moved the Micro Machines credit to the 1st Steve Hayes. The latter Steve Hayes had a management position at Philips Media (The Pac-Attack credit was also a Philips credit).

firefang9212 (81834) on 4/12/2017 1:10 PM · Permalink · Report

Christopher Edwards (746255) & Christopher Edwards (758047) are both the same person. You can see there LinkedIn here.

Freeman (65147) on 4/12/2017 8:08 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks - merged.

Jake AM (9491) on 4/13/2017 2:22 AM · Permalink · Report

This one needs a bit of a split. Already created a second developer page for him as I'm in the middle of credits, but based on his LinkedIn profile he never worked on Monster Madness (based on companies) or Journey's End. Unless I'm not seeing something, so this is more of a second opinion post.

49405 (current), 830637 (new)

Kabushi (261501) on 4/13/2017 9:37 AM · Permalink · Report

It's the same person. Artificial Studios is listed on his LinkedIn and is the studio behind Monster Madness. The connection to Journey's End is mentioned here.

Jake AM (9491) on 4/13/2017 5:47 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Woah, jeez. See, this is why I second opinioned this one. Thanks for catching that. Edit: I've corrected it in my credit submission :)

Evolyzer (21862) on 4/17/2017 7:41 PM · Permalink · Report

Cassandra Morris and Cassandra Lee Morris might be the same person

Freeman (65147) on 4/18/2017 12:31 AM · Permalink · Report

Yes it is - merged.

Jake AM (9491) on 4/23/2017 10:16 PM · Permalink · Report

Grabbing a second opinion on this one. Pretty sure Naruo Uchida & Naru Uchida are the same people.

Freeman (65147) on 4/24/2017 3:00 AM · Permalink · Report

Yes, I think so. Here he's credited as 'Naruo "Naru" Uchida'.

Rik Hideto (473431) on 4/25/2017 8:28 AM · Permalink · Report

Freeman, these three pages should be merged:

Yuuki Tsuruta: http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,129803/

Yuki Tsurute: http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,482149/

Yuki Suruta: http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,386539/

After the lame merges, I would rename the page to Yuki and keep Yuuki as aka. Tsurute and Suruta can stay as aka. Depends...

P.S. My next goal is to submit 1000 top-notch corrections next month. I'm not very satisfied with my current "performance".

Freeman (65147) on 4/26/2017 4:04 AM · Permalink · Report

Suruta was a typo, Tsurute was from the manual.

Rik Hideto (473431) on 4/26/2017 3:32 PM · Permalink · Report

Hello. I believe these pages are sick:

Kazuhisa Nisimura: http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,384942/

Kazuhisa Nishimura: http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,448033/ (this one actually has a bonus ["bio"], quite unusual.)

Kazuhisa Nishimura (again): http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,58018/

Kazuhisa Nishimura (one more): http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,498938/

Kazuhisa Nishimura (and let's hope this is the last one): http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,407764/

The real bonus: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kazuhisa-nishimura-a9825929

So what's the final verdict, Freeman-kun?

Freeman (65147) on 4/27/2017 2:37 AM · Permalink · Report

It's quite possible that he was a Producer at Links DigiWorks then went to Bauhaus in 2006. If you look at his JP LI, he graduated in 1993 so he has quite a bit of unlisted work before 2006: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kazuhisa-nishimura-2a579a44/

There's just the 2007 No More Heroes credit for Shirogumi Inc., though I suppose it's also possible that he was there between the other 2 companies.

I would merge all 4, agreed?

Rik Hideto (473431) on 4/27/2017 4:58 PM · Permalink · Report

4 or 5? Nevermind, go ahead.

Freeman (65147) on 4/27/2017 9:14 PM · Permalink · Report

Yes, 5, you're right. I added the LI profiles as well.

Evolyzer (21862) on 4/29/2017 8:09 AM · Permalink · Report

A. Adrian Alonso & Adrian Alonso

S Olafsson (60421) on 4/29/2017 5:20 PM · Permalink · Report

The "original"

I presume the audio credits belong here

Typo?

Puzzles, safe to assume they belong to the original?

Suspicious matches, Ian Livingston & Ian Livingston

S Olafsson (60421) on 4/29/2017 11:45 PM · Permalink · Report

of course this was not supposed to be in response to this post, but the thread in general ;)

Freeman (65147) on 4/30/2017 2:40 AM · Permalink · Report

• Merged 'Bionicle Heroes' with 200953.
  • Merged Penguin Puzzle as well (typo was from source). Both games are listed on his homepage.
  • Re: HUEBRIX - what makes you think it belong to the EIDOS profile? If you check the other names listed under the 'thanks', it seems more likely that it's a different person.
  • Re: 474233 - https://www.linkedin.com/in/ianlivingston/
  • Re: 772264 - merged with 474233.

Freeman (65147) on 4/29/2017 10:21 PM · Permalink · Report

Merged.

Freeman (65147) on 4/30/2017 2:03 AM · Permalink · Report

Does anyone have any source that would link Rita Jay to Keith Wood? GB64.COM lists Rita as an alias, though I don't know what their source is. There's an interview with Keith here, and a forum post here where he talks about his two games at ‘Bad Taste Software’ - but he doesn't mention any of the titles that Rita is credited with.

Rik Hideto (473431) on 5/12/2017 12:06 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Micah Meely - http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,604494/

Micah McNeely - https://www.linkedin.com/in/micah-mcneely-b88b702/

So Freeman? Is "Meely" real?

...and I just realized it will be impossible to submit 1000 corrections unless I start doing these things while pooping, peeing, etc. Lucky you guys.

Freeman (65147) on 5/28/2017 8:19 PM · Permalink · Report

Yes, Meely was the in-game spelling. Fixed and added the typo in parentheses.

Evolyzer (21862) on 5/13/2017 6:01 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Phil Jones and Phillip Jones

Britta Haimüller and Britta Haimuller

Freeman (65147) on 5/28/2017 8:46 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Merged the Britta pages. The Phil Jones' pages are a bit of a mess and will require some work. There's at least the EA Studio Ops dev and the programmer which the LI profile belongs to.

Edit: Cleaned up all the Phil Jones' pages.

Ian Wilson on 5/14/2017 6:42 AM · Permalink · Report

Ian Wilson needs a new dev page. I am requesting a dev page for myself credit on "song of the deep" the current and only "Ian Wilson" dev page has the credit. I am the Animator Ian Wilson, developer at Insomniac Games. Thanks.

Sciere (930965) on 5/14/2017 6:48 AM · Permalink · Report

here

Evolyzer (21862) on 5/16/2017 7:49 PM · Permalink · Report

Dominik Abé & Dominik Abé

Pedro Alexandre Timóteo on 5/18/2017 2:59 PM · Permalink · Report

Pedro Timóteo and Pedro Alexandre Timóteo. I prefer the version with the middle name, if possible. :)

Sciere (930965) on 5/18/2017 5:28 PM · Permalink · Report

ok

Sciere (930965) on 5/18/2017 5:28 PM · Permalink · Report

ok

Rik Hideto (473431) on 5/19/2017 10:16 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Mike Caviezel - https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,109295/

Mike Cavieziel - https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,119362/

Michael Caviezel - https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,9106/

Edit: Three pages for the same developer since ages ago, nothing unusual. And it seems there are users worried because there are few pages with correct JP characters. Or pages like "Saddy" or "Angus". No comments.

Foxhack (32098) on 5/27/2017 1:32 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

This is an interesting one: Jeffrey P. Lee. (Bare entry, credits are pending.)

Jeffrey P. Lee was a coder at Gottlieb back in the day and is considered one of the creators of Q-Bert. I'm not entirely sure, but I suspect most if not all of the post-1995 credits on Jeff Lee here are from a different Jeff Lee.

Lee only did art design, and he's credited as such at IMDB. I've found no info directly tying him to game production or programming. He seems to be retired and doing art nowadays.

http://www.jeffreyplee.com/bio/

Freeman (65147) on 5/28/2017 10:23 PM · Permalink · Report

1) I split off the WayForward programmer (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffomatic/).

2) I'm assuming that IMDb is wrong with crediting him with the EA Producer credit for Future Cop: L.A.P.D.?

3) The site you linked to has the Wiki link for Jeff Lee linked at the bottom. They credit him with doing the graphics for the Genesis version of Home Alone. If that's correct, it would probably also be him doing the graphics for the other Brian A. Rice / Al Baker & Associates games (Shanghai II / Bonkers).

4) Any idea on Thundercross for Zen Room ? It isn't mentioned on the Wiki and he has Design/Art/Programming duties. Separate person I'm guessing?

Foxhack (32098) on 5/29/2017 2:06 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Freeman wrote--]1) I split off the WayForward programmer (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffomatic/).

2) I'm assuming that IMDb is wrong with crediting him with the EA Producer credit for Future Cop: L.A.P.D.?

3) The site you linked to has the Wiki link for Jeff Lee linked at the bottom. They credit him with doing the graphics for the Genesis version of Home Alone. If that's correct, it would probably also be him doing the graphics for the other Brian A. Rice / Al Baker & Associates games (Shanghai II / Bonkers).

4) Any idea on Thundercross for Zen Room ? It isn't mentioned on the Wiki and he has Design/Art/Programming duties. Separate person I'm guessing? [/Q --end Freeman wrote--]

1: OK, thanks!

2: No idea, to be honest. I don't think he kept working for game companies after the mid 90s, there's no mention of that that I could find...

3: I'm fairly sure he did graphics for those games too. :)

4: Not a clue, sorry. :(

Freeman (65147) on 5/29/2017 8:52 PM · Permalink · Report

I split off the art credits (other than Thundercross) and merged them with the Jeffrey P. Lee page. The remaining 'Jeff Lee' page is still probably a few different people, but I couldn't find anything definite on them.

Evolyzer (21862) on 5/28/2017 6:58 AM · Permalink · Report

Joshua Tomar & Josh Tomar

Freeman (65147) on 5/28/2017 10:27 PM · Permalink · Report

Merged.

Freeman (65147) on 5/28/2017 10:36 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

This developer seems a bit of a mess. At a glance, this seems like 3 different people:

• Takashi Kawaguchi of Nintendo.
  • The Tecmo programmer (IMDb credits him as Takeshi Kawaguchi but they also list some Nintendo & Animator roles as well).
  • The Polygon Magic animator. Does that seem correct? Also, does anyone know which developer used the Gussan alias? Is it just the Tecmo programmer?

Freeman (65147) on 6/29/2017 10:22 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks. This one took awhile - a lot of the sources had to be verified individually. There was a Monolithsoft artist named Takashi and a motion designer named Takeshi. Also, I think I found the source for the Nintendo error. Pokemon Midori has たかし in the credits while the credit was added as たけし (now fixed). These are the sorts of errors that cause problems later.

These should be good now.

Jake AM (9491) on 5/31/2017 6:07 AM · Permalink · Report

Nicolas Viau & Nicolas Viau
    Thinking a bit of a clean up is needed for these two.

Freeman (65147) on 6/10/2017 11:24 PM · Permalink · Report

Yes, the artist and Enzyme tester are different people (confirmed with their respective LI pages). Fixed.

Jake AM (9491) on 6/2/2017 2:47 PM · Permalink · Report

Looking for a second opinion. Pretty sure these two are the same: Kristen Yu, Kristen Yu-Um

Rwolf (23449) on 6/2/2017 5:01 PM · Permalink · Report

The LI profile for the latter also includes several of the former's titles, so I'd say they are the same person. The LI profile carreer starts at 2004, which also is within the parameters.

Freeman (65147) on 6/10/2017 11:16 PM · Permalink · Report

Agreed that it's most likely the same person. Merged.

firefang9212 (81834) on 6/5/2017 8:12 AM · Permalink · Report

These two entries are for the same person. Also the singular art credit for the second one is miss-categorized under the 'Programming/Engineering' category.
    Ryan Lee (131112)
    Ryan Lee (772901)

Pseudo_Intellectual (66516) on 6/5/2017 1:57 PM · Permalink · Report

Fixed and fixed.

Foxhack (32098) on 6/24/2017 2:54 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

David Wooldridge
    David Wooldridge

I'm not entirely sure both are the same person, but the Sniper Elite 4 credit on the latter should definitely be moved to the former.

Edit:
    Glen McCready
    Glenn McCready

Definitely the same person. This page lists him as doing work on Sacred 3 and it also says he worked on Wallace and Gromit. So the proper spelling is Glen with one N. Glenn should be added as an alternate spelling.

Edit 2:
    Andrew Tate
    Andy Tate

Freeman (65147) on 6/24/2017 9:14 PM · Permalink · Report

Re: David Wooldridge. The 1984 entry is a different person. Merged the Sniper credit and the other 2 entries.

vedder (71199) on 6/25/2017 12:28 PM · Permalink · Report

The Adventure credit here: http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,506367/

Needs to be moved over to here: http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,15643/

Freeman (65147) on 6/25/2017 10:00 PM · Permalink · Report

Moved.

vedder (71199) on 6/30/2017 12:35 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks!

firefang9212 (81834) on 7/8/2017 8:38 PM · Permalink · Report

Yōko Wada (500646) and Yōko Wada (838247) are the same person and should be merged.

Freeman (65147) on 7/10/2017 6:29 PM · Permalink · Report

Are you sure? 500646 has 和田 陽子 as the JP spelling while 838247 has 水元 陽子. I'm not actually sure why 838247 is spelt as Yoko Wada.

Freeman (65147) on 7/11/2017 4:56 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks. So assuming their pages are correct, 838247 & 628929 are the same person and the Fire Pro Wrestling Returns credit from 500646 would also go to this entry. Would that be correct?

One question though, their Yoko Wada page has 和田 妖狐 as the JP spelling. However the Slam Dunk credits list 和田 陽子 - which is the spelling they use for the other Yoko Wada (Mizumoto) page. Do you have any idea which is the correct spelling?

Rik Hideto (473431) on 7/12/2017 2:44 AM · Permalink · Report

First of all, I don't know why MusicFox (Doommaster1994) added "Yōko Wada (Yōko Mizumoto [水元 陽子])", and didn't request a simple merge/split through the comment. Lack of communication, as usual.

Anyway, I will fix these pages (and many others) "later".

Freeman (65147) on 7/16/2017 5:07 AM · Permalink · Report

This one needs some work. Here's what I've determined so far:

1) Skip/Love-de-Lic Producer: This one accounts for all the Production credits (other than the 2 Xeno games which are Polygon Magic) and spans from 1997-Present. This would also include the 'Conception' credit for 'Boundish' and the 'Special Thanks' credit for 'Incredible Crisis'. From the JP Wiki for Skip, we know the spelling is 鈴木 浩司. Question: Does anyone know where he was prior to 1997?

2) Tecmo/Koei Tecmo Marketing/PR: This seems to date from at least 2008-Present. It includes all the Marketing/PR/Other roles & the 4 Tecmo Special Thanks entries (2008-12).

3) Audio credits: Do these all belong to the same composer?

4) 2003 Language tester credit. This seems to be a lone credit.

5) Wolf Team: This includes 3 Special Thanks credits (Sol-Feace, Granada, Final Zone - all 1990) and seemingly the 2 Planner credits (both 1992) for Cobra Command & Time Gal (these were credited to H. Suzuki but Wolf Team seems to have ported the Sega CD versions).

6) ESPN Track & Field Special Thanks (Konami, 2000) credit & ESPN Winter Sports 2002 'Designer' credit. Question: Is this the same person as the Polygon Magic designer?

7) Polygon Magic: This includes the 2 Xeno games, Phantasy Star Universe, Tengai Makyō III & Phantom Crash. There are also Graphic Design credits for Pokémon Battle Revolution (2006) & Okage (2001) - I'm not sure who these belong to. Also, we know from the Tengai credits that the JP spelling is 鈴木 宏.

8) Taito: Groove Coaster 3 Stage Advisor credit (Taito, 2016) & Groove Coaster 2 'Special Thanks' (2012). There is also an H. Suzuki credited on the 1992 Taito game 'Liquid Kids', but that's quite the gap in years.

9) Linda³ Special Thanks credit (1995). JP spelling 鈴木 弘司 - no idea what company/role this one would be for.

Whew, I think that's it. Hopefully we can get this entry sorted out.

Rik Hideto (473431) on 9/24/2017 3:08 PM · Permalink · Report

Looks challenging and freaking time-consuming. Will submit a correction with the "sources".

Freeman (65147) on 8/10/2017 12:02 AM · Permalink · Report

Pham is a very common surname and the given names are different in each case so I'd leave them separate. Also, Pham Quang Quoc Viet has a LI profile and only lists 'Order & Chaos: Online'.

Foxhack (32098) on 8/22/2017 12:00 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Benjamin Tissot should have an AKA of "Bensound" added - he's credited in Pepper's Puzzles that way, and there are four games on Moby that use his music (but have his website credited instead of him directly.)

Sciere (930965) on 8/22/2017 12:25 AM · Permalink · Report

ok

Freeman (65147) on 9/3/2017 5:11 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Merged the Zenimax credits and changed the spelling to Frederick.

Foxhack (32098) on 9/1/2017 9:29 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Please merge:

Takumi Okadaue - http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,139605/
    Okadaue Takumi - http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,515325/

Same dude, just his names are reversed.

Edit: Please add Masahito Oh!Ya! as an AKA for Masahito Ohya. Incidentally, he's listed here as an entity under that name.

Foxhack (32098) on 9/2/2017 1:28 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

A couple more:

Martin Stroschein - http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,459459/
    Martin M. Stroschein - http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,460809/

Both are credited as German Editors for Capcom.

Chiwoo Nam - http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,362366/
    Nam Chiwoo - http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,520944/

The second is credited as a manager in Street Fighter x Tekken - and the first is basically a Korean manager. So it's the same guy.

Edit: Two more

Fabrice Escartin - http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,104884/
    Escartin Fabrice - http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,211847/

Alexandre Treille - http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,104887/
    Treille Alexandre - http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,211846/

Same people doing the same job on two different versions of the same game, but their names were switched around in the credits for the GBA version.

Freeman (65147) on 9/4/2017 3:14 AM · Permalink · Report

Done (both posts).

Foxhack (32098) on 9/4/2017 4:15 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Thank you. Incidentally, I submitted replacement credits for some Capcom games that replace many entities with actual devs, as identified by... that guy who does fighting game credits and who has the Japanese language username.

Look my Japanese sucks okay, I can't read it. :p

chirinea (47516) on 9/4/2017 6:30 AM · Permalink · Report

His name is a Portuguese name written in katakana, if that helps. ;)

Rik Hideto (473431) on 9/4/2017 7:54 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Foxhack wrote--]I submitted replacement credits for some Capcom games that replace many entities with actual devs [/Q --end Foxhack wrote--]

All those old Capcom credits need to be retouched. If you have the patience to replace all those entities, go ahead. Btw, I just WIPed a submission of yours, please check it. :P

EDIT: Unrelated but one of my surnames is "Silva" as well, how boring is that?

Foxhack (32098) on 9/4/2017 4:26 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start リカルド・フィリペ wrote--] [Q2 --start Foxhack wrote--]I submitted replacement credits for some Capcom games that replace many entities with actual devs [/Q2 --end Foxhack wrote--]

All those old Capcom credits need to be retouched. If you have the patience to replace all those entities, go ahead. Btw, I just WIPed a submission of yours, please check it. :P

EDIT: Unrelated but one of my surnames is "Silva" as well, how boring is that? [/Q --end リカルド・フィリペ wrote--]I don't see the WIP, and I got no email about it. What was the item?

And man, dad sure got around then. XD

Rik Hideto (473431) on 9/7/2017 11:25 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Foxhack wrote--]I don't see the WIP, and I got no email about it. What was the item? [/Q --end Foxhack wrote--]

Done: http://www.mobygames.com/game/street-fighter-iii-double-impact/credits

Foxhack (32098) on 9/9/2017 4:54 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Some more.

Yoshihiro Kimura = http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,213451/
    Yoshihiro Kimura = http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,853669/ (Same job as the other guy, in the same game, but a different iteration? Gotta be the same person.)

Looks like Kouji Yamamoto also has an AKA of "Yamamoto.K" in some games, based on his credits. http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,88412/

Haruo Murata has an AKA of Mucchi (Haruo M.) http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,148413/

Tatsuro Suzuki has an AKA of "Tatsuro-" http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,101422/

Bengus has a lot of AKAs: "Holyhomerun", "Holy Homerun", Mido Shiido, Mido Shido, - http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,853673/ - Source for this is http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/Bengus

Freeman (65147) on 9/25/2017 3:49 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I merged the 1st pair of developers.

Re: Marius Popa. For developers with common names, it's useful to actually have a look at the credits and see what companies they're credited as working for. There are actually at least four different people named Marius Popa who are working/have worked in game testing (the EA core tester doesn't seem to have a LI page):

https://www.linkedin.com/in/marius-popa-85990a5
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/mariuspopa2
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/marius-popa-93966251

I split off the EA core QA credits from the Quantic Lab developer.

Freeman (65147) on 9/28/2017 8:09 PM · Permalink · Report

Merged.

Freeman (65147) on 9/29/2017 5:08 AM · Permalink · Report

Merged. I also submitted a short bio.

S Olafsson (60421) on 9/29/2017 12:53 PM · Permalink · Report

Looking again, according to his LinkedIn profile the 2005 credit stands out.
    Perhaps it belongs here?
    http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,264017/

Then we have this:
    http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,678491/

Also could these be the same?
    http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,486426/

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,536207/

Freeman (65147) on 9/29/2017 10:53 PM · Permalink · Report

Re: QA. Ah, you`re right - I missed that. There are a number of David Lee entries on LI who have experience at EA during this period - so it's hard to say who exactly the credit belongs to (if any of them). The 2005 testing credit might have belonged to this David Lee who was a QA Analyst from 2004-05 - however he was at the Redwood Shores location, not at EA Canada. This David Lee was at EA Canada doing QA - however his LI states that he began in Dec, 2006 which would be too late.

Re: Voice acting. The VA credit for MX vs ATV Reflex is credited to David Lee (of David Lee Imaging). On his website he does mention 'video game voice overs' as among his list of services so it could very well be the same person. I merged these 2 pages.

Re: Software Engineers. There are 2 software engineers named David Lee who had worked at EA. This one was there from 2006-08; however he only lists Skate for projects worked on. This one was at the BC studio and lists his start date as Jan, 2007. He also specifically mentions work on the FIFA series. That would likely make FIFA 15 his (he was there until 2016), but FIFA Soccer 07 seems too early for him to have worked on (unless he was there earlier but just not in a full-time capacity?).

Foxhack (32098) on 10/4/2017 10:55 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I agree on the first one.

I'm not so sure about the second one. While the first and second profiles are likely the same person, the guy with the single credit in Lost: Via Domus is credited like that in the game itself, so there's a good chance he really is a different person than Norman Matt.

Freeman (65147) on 10/6/2017 6:36 PM · Permalink · Report

1) Merged and left Kay Jungmichel as the main name since it's used far more often and he uses it himself for his professional profile.

2) Merged Normann/Norman. I agree that the Lost VA should remain separate unless something conclusive proves that it's the same person and they just reversed the names.

Foxhack (32098) on 10/22/2017 5:03 PM · Permalink · Report

Jesse Allen - http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,102098/
    Jesse James Allen - http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,430838/ (Heck the first link has a Jesse James Allen bio listed!)

Freeman (65147) on 10/28/2017 12:16 AM · Permalink · Report

Merged. I also split off the 'Mystery Case Files' credit since there's nothing that would connect it to the EA audio director.

Foxhack (32098) on 10/28/2017 3:52 AM · Permalink · Report

Andrew Petterson - http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,57755/
    Andrew Peterson - http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,31501/

Both are credited for making installers at Activision. I'm pretty sure the correct spelling is Petterson.

Robert Fleischacker - http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,29948/
    Rob Fleischacker - http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,490530/

Both do QA, Robert stops in 2009 and Rob starts in 2010. Pretty sure they're the same person.

Freeman (65147) on 10/28/2017 4:51 AM · Permalink · Report

1) Merged. Petterson was the correct spelling (confirmed with LI); Peterson was a typo from the manual.

2) Merged & added LI profile.

Freeman (65147) on 11/1/2017 10:17 PM · Permalink · Report

Our Atsushi Suzuki entry is several different people. A couple of notes:

1) The 2 management credits (Contra & Gradius Rebirth, 2009) are for Ohtaka Inc. Does anyone know what this company is?

2) The early Graphics credits for Golden Axe & Valis II are credited to 鈴木 厚. The JP spelling on file (鈴木 敦志) is a Special Thanks credit from Insmouse no Yakata (1995) - the only other credit with a JP spelling attached.

3) D3 Publisher Thanks: These seem to range from 2005-16.

4) Konami: There's the 2017 Product manager credit, as well as several Thanks credits (the earliest being 2009).

5) The Special Thanks credit for Puzzle Boy probably belongs to the Telenet Japan graphics artist.

Also:

• Several Programmer & Design roles
  • 2006 credit at UNICON PRODUCTS INC. (localization).
  • 2 2003 PAON CORPORATION credits.
  • 2017 TOEI ANIMATION credit

firefang9212 (81834) on 11/3/2017 8:35 PM · Permalink · Report

Samuel Price (807452) and Sam Price (865998) are the same person.

Freeman (65147) on 11/4/2017 9:58 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks, merged.

Foxhack (32098) on 12/1/2017 6:24 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Original: Fumio Suzuki -- http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,248197/
    Dupe: Fumiko Suzuki -- http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,168724/

The dupe seems to have been caused by a typo.

Edit:

Yūji Takae, Yuji Takae, Yoji Takae

The last one is a name typo. He was a producer for Madhouse, an anime production company, and is credited in quite a few things.

Freeman (65147) on 12/2/2017 4:23 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Yoji Takae & Fumiko Suzuki were the spellings in the MVS version. The AES version spelt the names correctly. I added the misspellings in parentheses for the Arcade credits and not as an AKA.

Also: Norihiko Yonesaka/Yonesasa & Yusaku Yara/Yuro.

imoforpc imoforpc on 12/2/2017 1:27 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

spam

Foxhack (32098) on 12/24/2017 5:09 AM · Permalink · Report

Merge: Alexandre Gillet, Alexandre Gilet

Both voice actors. Most likely same dude.

Freeman (65147) on 1/1/2018 11:53 PM · Permalink · Report

Merged. I couldn't find anyone named 'Gilet' and while Gillet's IMDb/Wiki pages lacked the roles assigned to Gilet they're most likely incomplete.

Rwolf (23449) on 3/3/2018 5:24 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Merged.

For some reason, after the merge, in the remastered edition, he is listed under 'companies', but with the proper role 'additional services'.

Freeman (65147) on 3/4/2018 11:18 PM · Permalink · Report

Changed it to 'other'. I've argued before that the 'companies' classification should be done away with since it makes no difference how entities are classified.

S Olafsson (60421) on 3/5/2018 11:46 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Still is

S Olafsson (60421) on 3/5/2018 11:47 PM · Permalink · Report

Deborah, responsible for some amount of Spanish originated loading screens is listed as Carmen Ferrera at WoS (without a source).

I first made Deborah an entity here at Moby, and then when I came across the WoS link I made it an alias to Carmen.

Then we have THIS?!?

Graphics: Carmen Ferrer
    Loading Screen: Deborah

Plok (221062) on 3/6/2018 8:18 PM · Permalink · Report

Leonardo Pellegrini:

page 1

page 2

Same person. Ask Daedolon for confirmation.

Freeman (65147) on 3/9/2018 12:22 AM · Permalink · Report

These have already been merged.

Foxhack (32098) on 3/23/2018 12:05 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Hiroaki: 1, 2

Former SNK in-house artist, turned freelance in 2011. His web site profile lists multiple games he's worked on.

Edit: I guess we can add this too. Not sure why he was added as "Hiroaki Hashimoto", that's what some people think his full name is, but he's never revealed it himself.

Freeman (65147) on 3/28/2018 4:49 AM · Permalink · Report

This site states (machine translation), "When doing work other than SNK Playmore, use the name of "Hashimoto Hiroaki" (in the novel version of "KOF 2001" I used this name)."

This JP site also lists Hashimoto.