🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > GoldenEye 007 > Which is better? Perfect Dark or GoldenEye?

TwoDividedByZero (114) on 1/25/2010 2:28 AM · Permalink · Report

Well I've always wanted to ask this question, which is better? Perfect Dark or Goldeneye? I've had alot of people say Perfect Dark more than GoldenEye. And then I've heard people say that GoldenEye is way better than Perfect Dark. In my opinion,GoldenEye is way better than Perfect Dark. Fell free to respond with your opinions about which game is better.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 1/25/2010 2:33 AM · Permalink · Report

If you had to be trapped on a desert island with only ONE Rare game...

BurningStickMan (17916) on 1/25/2010 3:13 AM · Permalink · Report

Perfect Dark is more technically impressive and has more variety in multiplayer. Goldeneye had the better story in single-player, and seemed to have better action... I thought PD was too complicated for its own good. Half the weapons or secondary fire modes I never used.

[Q --start Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]If you had to be trapped on a desert island with only ONE Rare game... [/Q --end Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]

That's easy.

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (95798) on 1/25/2010 3:53 AM · Permalink · Report

I never got into Perfect Dark. Endless matches of Goldeneye back in the day, though...sooooo good.

[Q --start BurningStickMan wrote--][Q2 --start Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]If you had to be trapped on a desert island with only ONE Rare game... [/Q2 --end Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--] That's easy. [/Q --end BurningStickMan wrote--] I respectfully disagree. :D

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 1/25/2010 4:03 AM · Permalink · Report

Not that anyone asked, but I'd probably go for Snake, Rattle 'n Roll.

chirinea (47495) on 1/25/2010 4:28 AM · Permalink · Report

I would go with Battletoads on the NES.

St. Martyne (3648) on 1/25/2010 7:37 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Conker's Bad Fur Day for N64.

MZ per X (3017) on 1/25/2010 9:14 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]If you had to be trapped on a desert island with only ONE Rare game... [/Q --end Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--] I'd finally get around to playing this.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 1/25/2010 5:21 PM · Permalink · Report

Rare as in developed by the company Rare, aka Ultimate Play-The-Game, etc etc., developer of the two games compared in the thread title 8)

Certainly there are a couple of games that would foster endless replay quite well (I'm thinking of NetHack here) but that's outside the current (and, uh, expanded by me 8) scope of the thread 8)

MZ per X (3017) on 1/25/2010 8:23 PM · Permalink · Report

Ooops, I missed the upper case. :o)

beetle120 (2415) on 1/25/2010 6:05 AM · Permalink · Report

Having owned and loved both I would say that Perfect Dark is the better game especially when you have a 2nd person to play. It also had some play options that I loved that I have never seen before or since. Options like the ability to have the 2nd player play as enemy as the 1st goes though the level (like an anti-co-op), and the many many settings for the bots in multi player mode including some weird ones like the peace-loving bots that would come up and disarm you before running off with your weapon.

Chris Wright (85) on 2/9/2010 11:55 PM · Permalink · Report

If I were to think rigorously about this I might say Perfect Dark, but I have much fonder memories of GoldenEye, so that's my final answer. I think the real deal-breaker is the plot of PD. I found it more an accessory to the fact that Rare was making a GoldenEye sequel. I mean there are those stereotypical little green men running around toward the end of it, whereas GoldenEye was actually a good movie and thus the game has that to build off of.

beetle120 (2415) on 2/10/2010 6:45 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I found a lot of people that I talked to like GoldenEye because of the fond memory. For me I only got GoldenEye only a short while before Perfect Dark was released and by that time it seemed a bit outdated, so it is Perfect Dark I have fond memory for. And it's the first time I played co-op with someone, the greatest multiplayer feature ever in my opinion. OK the plot was bad but it is manly about gameplay over plot for me.

Can't wait until they re-release Perfect Dark on XBL.

vedder (70856) on 2/10/2010 5:49 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start beetle120 wrote--]OK the plot was bad but it is manly about gameplay over plot for me.[/Q --end beetle120 wrote--]

Yes we need more games that are manly about game play! Non of that girly crap!

chirinea (47495) on 2/11/2010 2:21 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start vedder wrote--] [Q2 --start beetle120 wrote--]OK the plot was bad but it is manly about gameplay over plot for me. [/Q2 --end beetle120 wrote--]

Yes we need more games that are manly about game play! Non of that girly crap! [/Q --end vedder wrote--]LOL, I was once posting a guitar review and I was explaining that, when testing the instrument I played "manly metal". A friend of mine saw it and jokingly asked if I played Manowar. =)

Robond (503) on 4/5/2010 5:41 PM · Permalink · Report

For me is GoldenEye 007 but Perfect Dark comes close.