🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Talk > help me find this game

bob berger on 11/2/2007 10:46 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

its going to be hard but this star trek game was not in the list i looked twice it was a star trek tng title the game lay out was simple it was an over head view of the enterprise all you did was fly around and blow up borg faringee and klingons thats it lol it was for the macintosh around 1992

bob berger on 11/3/2007 6:30 AM · Permalink · Report

any one pls

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 11/3/2007 9:43 AM · Permalink · Report

Mac is a recent platform addition, so we're weak on it. For what it's worth I'm sure your description fits any of a dozen freeware titles. If you find it, make a game entry for it... but rest assured, we're not holding out on you because the thread is being inadequately bumped back to prominence 8)

St. Martyne (3648) on 11/3/2007 10:11 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

It certainly is a fan-made game, since neither of Macintosh original Star Trek releases fit the description. My guess would be Rescue!.

It is a Mac action game, released in 1993 and set in TNG era.

Ace of Sevens (4479) on 11/4/2007 6:03 PM · Permalink · Report

I concure. I played Rescue quite a bit back in the day, though never really got the hang of it.

bob berger on 11/3/2007 10:25 PM · Permalink · Report

any one know if their is a way to get this to run on a computer with windows??

DJP Mom (11333) on 11/4/2007 1:04 AM · Permalink · Report

There is at least one Macintosh emulator - Basilisk 2, I think it's called. You could try Sourceforge.net, but google around first. There's never any guarantee that a game will work on an emulator.

Depeche Mike (17455) on 11/4/2007 6:50 AM · Permalink · Report

hey I had a teacher named bob berger! last year. illustration.

beetle120 (2415) on 11/5/2007 10:41 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Do you know if it was on Windows because it reminds me of a old windowed windows 3.1 game I played years ago. It was a top down map + you could zoom out to a grid and warp to new maps. It had randomly located space stations + other things (i remember finding stars systems in the game but i am not sure how that works) that you could find. I think it was turn based and you had to phaser or torpedo the enemy ships. My memory is very fuzzy on the details. No idea what the games name was but I can try to find out for you if it sounds familiar.

edit: Reading the other posts it does sound a lot like Rescue! but for Windows maybe fans made a copy of this game.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 11/5/2007 10:24 PM · Permalink · Report

Most likely they are both ports of some old nettrek simualtor and hence likely similar games exist on virtually every computer platform, all working largely the same. Short range scanner? Long range scanner? Phasers or photon torpedoes? All the gameplay of the '70s, at your fingertips! Don't shoot the stardock!

Scaryfun (20370) on 11/11/2007 12:07 AM · Permalink · Report

That brings back memories. In the first Computer Science class I had in grade 7 back in 1978, we had terminals connected to University of Toronto, All I remember doing was chatting with some university students and there was Zork and Star Trek game like u described.

Shoddyan (15004) on 11/11/2007 7:07 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start bob berger wrote--]its going to be hard but this star trek game was not in the list i looked twice it was a star trek tng title the game lay out was simple it was an over head view of the enterprise all you did was fly around and blow up borg faringee and klingons thats it lol it was for the macintosh around 1992 [/Q --end bob berger wrote--]

Hmm, sounds like you were playing something like Asteroids with a graphic hack ;)

Is it similar to EGA Trek? As this and several others several of these were based on the old startrek mainframe game.

bob berger on 11/27/2007 6:13 AM · Permalink · Report

i found it after all this time if any one wants it and the emulator it runs on pm me and i will send it to your e-mail

Shoddyan (15004) on 12/26/2007 7:36 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start bob berger wrote--]i found it after all this time if any one wants it and the emulator it runs on pm me and i will send it to your e-mail [/Q --end bob berger wrote--]

so which one was it?

U07866 on 12/30/2007 6:21 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start bob berger wrote--]its going to be hard but this star trek game was not in the list i looked twice it was a star trek tng title the game lay out was simple it was an over head view of the enterprise all you did was fly around and blow up borg faringee and klingons thats it lol it was for the macintosh around 1992 [/Q --end bob berger wrote--]

Learn how to spell. Learn how to use periods. Learn how to not be an idiot. Then comeback and ask something.

St. Martyne (3648) on 12/30/2007 8:32 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start U07866 wrote--] Learn how to spell. Learn how to use periods. Learn how to not be an idiot. Then comeback and ask something. [/Q --end U07866 wrote--]

And welcome to you too!

Sciere (930490) on 12/30/2007 10:46 AM · Permalink · Report

Don't barge in as if you own place. Get acquainted.

Apogee IV (2275) on 12/30/2007 11:40 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start U07866 wrote--] [Q2 --start bob berger wrote--]its going to be hard but this star trek game was not in the list i looked twice it was a star trek tng title the game lay out was simple it was an over head view of the enterprise all you did was fly around and blow up borg faringee and klingons thats it lol it was for the macintosh around 1992 [/Q2 --end bob berger wrote--]

Learn how to spell. Learn how to use periods. Learn how to not be an idiot. Then comeback and ask something. [/Q --end U07866 wrote--]

Shut up.

U07866 on 12/30/2007 10:47 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Apogee IV wrote--] [Q2 --start U07866 wrote--] [Q3 --start bob berger wrote--]its going to be hard but this star trek game was not in the list i looked twice it was a star trek tng title the game lay out was simple it was an over head view of the enterprise all you did was fly around and blow up borg faringee and klingons thats it lol it was for the macintosh around 1992 [/Q3 --end bob berger wrote--]

Learn how to spell. Learn how to use periods. Learn how to not be an idiot. Then comeback and ask something. [/Q2 --end U07866 wrote--]

Shut up. [/Q --end Apogee IV wrote--]

Shut the fuck up acoylte.

DreinIX (10446) on 12/30/2007 10:52 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Guys, developing your social and communicating skills is fine but I'm sure there are better ways of doing it.

P.S. Oh and its acolyte not acoylte.

U07866 on 12/31/2007 1:21 AM · Permalink · Report

No, it's acoylte.

Totse....

The Fabulous King (1332) on 12/31/2007 1:26 AM · Permalink · Report

Okay, whose alt is it?

DJP Mom (11333) on 12/31/2007 1:33 AM · Permalink · Report

His electrons are screaming. And it's acolyte.

Indra was here (20755) on 12/31/2007 1:41 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

To U07866:

Sigh. Another high school drop-out living in middle America with an average IQ of a deformed pig, trying desperately to figure out the Satan-invented technology called the internet and after being chased off from every other forum in cyberspace due to his limited vocabulary level of 4 year old child, winds up in MobyGames believing the person(s) residing may be easily subject to brute verbal force, not realizing that some of the denizens in this place has 20 times the intelligence of the subject in question (in their sleep) and verbally insult the intellect of people in real life for a living.

Thus, this unsuspecting hillbilly in response will use a very simple 3-4 word sentence consisting swear words which in practice only affects children (the only form of life that actually notices him in real life), since he is incapable of using any complete sentence in an intellectual manner without using some form of profanity in an attempt to quiet the crowd which he believes is a form of effective diplomacy (since it worked on him when he was gang-raped by 3 very verbally enlightened domesticated chickens).

However, despite the building rage in his very little brain and the average IQ of a common mosquito (after being squished by a random nerd), if the subject in mention had any form of decency or half a brain left (of what’s left of a squished mosquito brain), the subject would depart from this forum as quickly and as quietly as his flipper deformed feet would take him as soon as possible.

Thank you.

beetle120 (2415) on 12/31/2007 2:26 AM · Permalink · Report

GameSpot and YouTube are full of people like that, the price of fame I suppose. Always find it amusing to read a intelligent comment with responses like 'your a d**khead' and 'noob' and always with spelling and grammar so bad that you have to re-read it a few times to understand what they were trying to say.

U07866 on 12/31/2007 6:35 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra Depari of the Clan Depari wrote--]To U07866:

Sigh. Another high school drop-out living in middle America with an average IQ of a deformed pig, trying desperately to figure out the Satan-invented technology called the internet and after being chased off from every other forum in cyberspace due to his limited vocabulary level of 4 year old child, winds up in MobyGames believing the person(s) residing may be easily subject to brute verbal force, not realizing that some of the denizens in this place has 20 times the intelligence of the subject in question (in their sleep) and verbally insult the intellect of people in real life for a living.

Thus, this unsuspecting hillbilly in response will use a very simple 3-4 word sentence consisting swear words which in practice only affects children (the only form of life that actually notices him in real life), since he is incapable of using any complete sentence in an intellectual manner without using some form of profanity in an attempt to quiet the crowd which he believes is a form of effective diplomacy (since it worked on him when he was gang-raped by 3 very verbally enlightened domesticated chickens).

However, despite the building rage in his very little brain and the average IQ of a common mosquito (after being squished by a random nerd), if the subject in mention had any form of decency or half a brain left (of what’s left of a squished mosquito brain), the subject would depart from this forum as quickly and as quietly as his flipper deformed feet would take him as soon as possible.

Thank you. [/Q --end Indra Depari of the Clan Depari wrote--]

I lol'ed.