Not an American user?
DescriptionThe computer versions of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom are conversions of the Atari arcade game based on the second movie in the series. As Indy, the player must complete several cycles of the following three types of levels:
- Mine level: Whip your way through a mine in order to free children that are held captive. Use your whip to swing across chasms, climb ladders, ride along conveyor belts and defend yourself against attacks from Thuggee guards, bats, snakes and the fireball-throwing Mola ram. Escape with the mine cart after you've freed all children.
- Mine cart level: Pick the right route through a network of tracks while riding in a mine cart. Avoid potholes, broken tracks & guards in carts and safely reach the end of the track.
- Temple level: Make your way to the altar and grab the Sankara stone while Mola Ram, bats and Thuggee guards attack you. Watch out for that lava.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom" -- Alternate spelling (Gold Winners! release)
Part of the Following Groups
|Indy has never whipped so many bats or fireballs in his life||Amiga||Katakis | カタキス (41526)|
|One of the weaker Indiana Jones games.||DOS||Roedie (5250)|
|Piece of bull||Atari ST||Hannu Siivonen (18)|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Atari ST||Nov, 1987||9 out of 10||90|
|Play Time||Commodore 64||Dec, 1994||69 out of 100||69|
|Commodore User||Commodore 64||Nov, 1987||6 out of 10||60|
|Commodore User||Arcade||Feb, 1987||6 out of 10||60|
|The Games Machine (UK)||Atari ST||Dec, 1987||56 out of 100||56|
|Your Computer||Atari ST||Dec, 1987||52 out of 100||52|
|Power Play||Atari ST||1987||4 out of 10||40|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Atari ST||Oct, 1987||4 out of 12||33|
|All Game Guide||Commodore 64||1998||30|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Video review Indiana Jones-based games (WARNING: Language) (The Angry Video Game Nerd, Jame Rolfe, reviews games based on the first three Indiana Jones films, including Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom on NES.)
Arcade Credits (16 people)
10 developers, 6 thanks