DescriptionMortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance is the first Mortal Kombat outing on the next-gen systems.
Returning from past games are all your favorite fighters, and a host of new ones. Johnny Cage, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, joined by such newcomers as Molloch and Quan Chi. Each character has their own specific fatalities.
New to DA is a completely revamped fight engine. The graphics are in full 3D and feature somewhat interactive environments. Each character now has different fighting stances, allowing them to be in an offensive stance or a fatality stance.
DA has over 600 unlockable extras, that are opened by earning "koins" that unlock "koffins". The game also comes packaged with bonus material, such as the "making of Deadly Alliance" and "the history of Mortal Kombat".
- "Mortal Kombat V: Vengeance" -- Working title
- "MK:DA" -- Common abbreviation
- "MK5" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- Genre: Versus fighting
- Graphics Engine: RenderWare
- Mortal Kombat games
- Nintendo Player's Choice releases
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
|A new addition to the world of excellent games||Xbox||ThE oNe (184)|
|Deadly Alliance, how do i hate you? Let me count the ways.||GameCube||Faith Schmitt (2)|
|Blood and guts aside, this is actually very good ...||Xbox||Kartanym (12784)|
|Very extensive||PlayStation 2||Peter Thomas II (3)|
|Blood. Gore. Brains. Hearts. People Blowing up. Utterly idiotic.||Xbox||Jim Fun (252)|
|A great rebound from their last screw up.||GameCube||Exodia85 (2183)|
|Consoles Plus||GameCube||Apr, 2003||95 out of 100||95|
|GameZone||GameCube||Dec 11, 2002||9.1 out of 10||91|
|Gaming Target||PlayStation 2||Dec 19, 2002||9 out of 10||90|
|4Players.de||PlayStation 2||Feb 15, 2003||84 out of 100||84|
|Game Revolution||PlayStation 2||Dec, 2002||B+||83|
|64 Power / big.N / N Games||GameCube||Feb, 2003||82 out of 100||82|
|GameSpot||GameCube||Nov 20, 2002||8.1 out of 10||81|
|Officiel Nintendo Magazine||GameCube||Feb, 2003||8 out of 10||80|
|Play.tm||PlayStation 2||Mar 14, 2003||70 out of 100||70|
|Thunderbolt Games||PlayStation 2||Jan 25, 2003||6 out of 10||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
AdvertisementMortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance was released in the UK on Valentine's Day 2003. There was loads of advertising on TV, magazines, radio, the tube etc. for the game. Most of the ads had blood in them, though not extensively. For example, one ad had a girlfriend hugging her boyfriend and as she pulled away, there were bloody hand-prints where her hands had been on his back.
Bo' Rai ChoThe new character featured in the game, Bo' Rai Cho, is notable for being drunk all the time and farting often. His name is a play on his character: the Spanish word "borracho" translates to "drunk".
DevelopmentThe first game in the series done without John Tobias (MK co-creator).
- The name of the fighter Noob Saibot is the name of the franchise masterminds backwards;
Ed Boonand John Tobias.
- Johnny Cage in this game is an obvious tribute to the actor/martial artist Bruce Lee. Like Lee, Cage is also both film star and martial artist. Moreover, one of Cage's fighting styles in this game is Jeet Kune Do, and his weapon is the Nunchaku. These are respectively the martial art created by Bruce Lee and his signature weapon.
- The secret character Mokap is based on Carlos Pesina, who was the motion capture expert for the game.
- Although the character Blaze was basically introduced in this game, he actually appeared as a background character for the Pit II stage in Mortal Kombat II. Also, his original name was Torch.
- When browsing through some of the extras found in the game (biographies, videos, official comics), the player is able to have a view on the names of fictional films where the character Johnny Cage has starred in, several of which are references to real life movies. For instance, "Citizen Cage" is a spoof of Citizen Kane, "Tommy Scissorfists" is a reference to Edward Scissorhands, "World's Most Wanted" is a spoof of Wanted, and many more.
- 2002 – "Return to Form" Award (PS2)
Related Web Sites
Team Leader :