DescriptionThe king and queen gave birth to two children, Alexander and Rosella, and the kingdom was once peaceful. It wasn't long until Alexander was snatched from his crib and things started to take a turn for the worse. A three-headed dragon threatens the ever-peaceful Daventry, and requires a maiden to be sacrificed every year. Rosella is the chosen one.
Alexander, meanwhile, is taken to a faraway land of Llewdor. Named Gwydion, Alexander becomes a slave to an evil wizard called Manannan who prepares to kill Alexander on his 18th birthday, for fear that he would discover the wizard's spells and use them against him.
King's Quest III: To Heir is Human is an adventure game; as in any other game using the AGI engine, you move your hero, Alexander, with arrow keys and control his actions by typing commands (which are typically verb/noun phrases).
- "KQ3" -- Common abbreviation
- "King's Quest III" -- In-game title
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
|Adventure Classic Gaming||DOS||Nov 20, 1998||4 out of 5||80|
|The One Amiga||Amiga||Jul, 1994||79 out of 100||79|
|ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)||Atari ST||Oct, 1987||740 out of 1000||74|
|Just Games Retro||DOS||Jul 14, 2007||70|
|Adventure Gamers||DOS||Nov 24, 2005||70|
|Adventure-Treff||DOS||Jul 23, 2011||70|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||Amiga||1993||63 out of 100||63|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||Atari ST||1993||63 out of 100||63|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||DOS||1993||62 out of 100||62|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThis is the first game of the series in which the characters have pink(ish) skin. Although in the final scene of the game, when you return with Rosella to the King and Queen, King Graham, still has yellow skin, as he did in the first two games. (Maybe he suffers from jaundice, or was born in Springfield?)
Related Web Sites
- Infamous Adventures (Download King's Quest III remake for free)
- KQ3 Hints (Stuck in King's Quest 3? These hints by Robert Norton will help you solve this game.)
- ScummVM (supports the DOS, Macintosh, Amiga, Atari ST, Apple IIgs versions of King's Quest III under Windows, Linux, Macintosh and other platforms.)
- Walkthrough on Games Over (No frills walkthrough. Each and every action you should take to complete the game.)