Gameplay feature: Hunger / Thirst
Group DescriptionGames where player-controllable character(s) are required to replenish themselves when hungry (or thirsty). Failure to eat (or drink) may result in among others: constant whining, hampering of player movement or speed, gradual or instant decrease of character abilities (health or statistics, if any), etc., and in extreme cases, death.
It is also known in technical terms as a hunger daemon feature.
- Games where the player does not directly control a character or group of characters should be excluded from this game group. Thus, this game group should exclude strategy games where a food and drink industry exists to keep the population happy, unless the player has a permanent controllable character within the game.
- Food or drink must be explicitly identified as food or drink for mentioned character: blood may be identified as food for a player-controlled vampire. A double cheese burger with extra mayo in this regard however, does not.
- Games where eating and drinking is optional, however otherwise not mandatory to be consumed on a regular basis, these games should be excluded from this game group.
- Games where eating and drinking may provide benefits/bonuses (e.g. instant/regeneration of health) but otherwise is not mandatory to be consumed on a regular basis, should be excluded from this game group.
- Games which for some odd reason do not present the player with a text or graphical warning on hunger/dehydration should be excluded from this game group, unless it results in death or other serious negative effects.
- Gameplay Feature: Alchemy
- Gameplay Feature: Botany, Farming, Gardening
- Gameplay Feature: Fishing
- Gameplay Feature: Hunting
- Gameplay Feature: Survival Cooking
- Wizard Needs Food Badly (hunger/thirst daemons in games) at TVTropes
|Viewing Page 1 of 7||(items 1-25 of 153)||Next|
Front cover for ARK: Survival Evolved
Front cover for This War of Mine: The Little Ones
Front cover for Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Front cover for The Long Dark
Front cover for We Happy Few
Screenshot from Wayward
Screenshot from Starbound
Screenshot from Craft the World
Screenshot from The Banner Saga
Screenshot from Dead Cyborg: Episode 2