Description official descriptions
SimCopter is a light helicopter flying simulator closely related to Sim City 2000. The player is a rookie helicopter pilot that must make his living by transporting passengers and help the city authority in several tasks, including rescuing sims from fires and boat accidents, divert cars from traffic jams, aid on putting out fires and arresting criminals, controlling riots and MEDEVAC injured sims to nearby hospitals.
The player starts with a basic helicopter, and by completing missions, earn money that can be used to buy larger and faster helicopters and equipment required to deal with more advanced problems (such as a water cannon to put out fires without having to fly directly over the fire and disperse a crowd, tear gas or a megaphone), as well as points to advance to the next level in career mode. The opposite also happens: if a player takes too long to solve a traffic jam, he gets penalized in points.
There are two game modes: Career makes the player jump from city to city, while the Free mode allows to play on any city, as well as any city created in Sim City 2000.
Included helicopters:* Sikorsky S-300
- Bell 206 JetRanger
- McDonnell/Douglas MD 500
- McDonnell/Douglas MD 520N
- Bell 212 Twin Huey
- AgustaWestland AW109
- Airbus Helicopters AS365 Dauphin
- McDonnell/Douglas MD-900 Explorer
- Boeing AH-64 Apache
- 模拟直升机 - Simplified Chinese spelling
See any errors or missing info for this game?
You can submit a correction, contribute trivia, add to a game group, add a related site or alternate title.
Credits (Windows version)
108 People (84 developers, 24 thanks) · View all
|Original Music and Sound Effects|
|[ full credits ]|
SimCopter was planned to be much deeper and more realistic. Unfortunately, due to one of those "release four games this year or we'll shut you down" predicaments, many features had to be cut.
- An employee (Jacques Servin) made a statement about the portrayal of woman in games by doctoring a screen that was meant to show a brass band playing and instead a screen with kissing scantily-clad men popped up. The culprit was fired and a patch was released immediately. You can learn more about this incident from Maxis' Final Scene FAQ.
- If you complete all the missions, you'll get to see two aliens in an UFO discussing your... potential. If you wait and wait and wait... They'll say something even funnier!
- Using a cheat code, you can make the billboards and drive-ins in the city play custom Smacker movies.
- By inputting the correct cheatcode or finding the "military base" on the map, you can actually fly the AH-64 Apache! It's even armed with missiles and a chain gun! Find the chopper, land next to it, jump out, then jump into the Apache and take off!
- On some of the advanced level cities, UFOs may come by and cause havoc (just like SC2K and SC3K). If you are driving the Apache, you can actually try to shoot down the UFOs using the missiles! It'll take 10 missile hits to shoot down the UFO.
- If you are driving the Apache chopper and you are tasked to chase down a suspect, you can actually shoot the suspect with the chopper and get points for it.
- Got the Apache chopper? Is there a nuclear power plant in the city? Care to guess what happens if you fire missiles at the powerplant? Yep, you guessed it... you get a melt-down! And of course, in the explosion your chopper is destroyed.
- Get the water cannon, spray some at the cars. You may make some money for a "car wash"!
- This game contains quite a few date-related easter eggs. For instance, playing it on Friday the 13th will cause massive injuries, fires and accidents among the citizens of the city and will most likely keep you scrambling to try to save them all.
The first - and only - patch for the game added enhanced joystick support and preliminary Direct3D support. Unfortunately, you can only fly around in D3D - the mission text is not displayed.
The game borrows many sound effects from Klik & Play, a no-programming-required game development package that Maxis apparently contributed to.
Information also contributed by Kasey Chang, Matthew Bailey, WildKard, and Zack Green
Related Sites +
J's Ultimate Sim Copter Page
fan site with cheats, custom maps, cheat codes and manual.
- MobyGames ID: 973
Know about this game? Add your expertise to help preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by JubalHarshaw.
Additional contributors: Alaka, CaesarZX, shakeyourbunny.
Last modified March 9th, 2023.