Nintendo.com Description (from Ad Blurbs)
Step into a world of adventure
Forget everything you know about The Legend of Zelda games. Step into a world of discovery, exploration, and adventure in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, a boundary-breaking new game in the acclaimed series. Travel across vast fields, through forests, and to mountain peaks as you discover what has become of the kingdom of Hyrule In this stunning Open-Air Adventure. Now on Nintendo Switch, your journey is freer and more open than ever. Take your system anywhere, and adventure as Link any way you like.
- Explore the wilds of Hyrule any way you like—anytime, anywhere! - Climb up towers and mountain peaks in search of new destinations, then set your own path to get there and plunge into the wilderness. Along the way, you'll battle towering enemies, hunt wild beasts and gather ingredients for the food and elixirs you'll make to sustain you on your journey. With Nintendo Switch, you can literally take your journey anywhere.
- More than 100 Shrines of Trials to discover and explore - Shrines dot the landscape, waiting to be discovered in any order you want. Search for them in various ways, and solve a variety of puzzles inside. The tasks you must perform in each Shrine varies, and you'll never expect the challenges you'll face until you enter. Some will involve realistic physics, and some will require you to harness the power of nature, including electricity, wind, fire, and more. Work your way through the traps and devices inside, utilizing your runes and think outside the box to earn special items and other rewards that will help you on your adventure.
- Be prepared and properly equipped – With an entire world waiting to be explored, you'll need a variety of outfits and gear to reach every corner. You may need to bundle up with warmer clothes or change into something better suited to the desert heat. Some clothing even has special effects that, for example, can make you faster or stealthier.
- Battling enemies requires strategy – The world is inhabited with enemies of all shapes and sizes. Each one has its own attack method and weaponry, so you must think quickly and develop the right strategies to defeat them.
- amiibo compatibility – The Wolf Link amiibo from Twilight Princess HD, the Zelda 30th Anniversary series amiibo, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild series amiibo are all compatible with this game. Tap the Wolf Link amiibo (sold separately) to make Wolf Link appear in the game. Wolf Link will attack enemies on his own and help you find items you’re searching for. Tap a Zelda 30th Anniversary series amiibo to receive helpful in-game items or even a treasure chest!
- "ゼルダの伝説 ブレス オブ ザ ワイルド" -- Japanese spelling
- "Zelda no Densetsu: Breath of the Wild" -- Japanese title
- "The Legend of Zelda: Invasion" -- Working title
- "Hyrule Wars: From The Legend of Zelda" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Alchemy
- Gameplay feature: Armor / weapon sets
- Gameplay feature: Armour / weapon deterioration
- Gameplay feature: BASE jumping
- Gameplay feature: Day / Night cycle
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Gameplay feature: Game completion percentage
- Gameplay feature: Horse riding
- Gameplay feature: House ownership
- Gameplay feature: Hunting
- Gameplay feature: Interior decorating
- Gameplay feature: Mining
- Gameplay feature: Photography
- Gameplay feature: Survival cooking
- Gameplay feature: Time manipulation
- Games that pay tribute to a deceased person
- Japanese Nintendo Switch games with full English support
- Launch title: Nintendo Switch (Japan)
- Legend of Zelda series
- Protagonist: Elf
|Open your eyes...||Wii U||krisko6 (814)|
|Darkstation||Wii U||Mar 17, 2017||100|
|Nivelul2||Nintendo Switch||May 24, 2020||10 out of 10||100|
|Attack of the Fanboy||Nintendo Switch||Mar 02, 2017||100|
|Edge||Wii U||Feb 27, 2017||10 out of 10||100|
|RPG Site||Nintendo Switch||Mar 02, 2017||10 out of 10||100|
|Cubed3||Wii U||Mar 18, 2017||10 out of 10||100|
|RPGFan||Nintendo Switch||Mar 23, 2017||96 out of 100||96|
|Hardcore Gamer Magazine||Nintendo Switch||Mar 14, 2017||4.5 out of 5||90|
|Gameblog.fr||Nintendo Switch||Mar 02, 2017||9 out of 10||90|
|Gamer.no||Nintendo Switch||Mar 13, 2017||6 out of 10||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TributeThe game pays tribute to late Nintendo president Satoru Iwata through the character Botrick, who bears a striking resemblance to Iwata. Botrick tells Link about the Satori Mountain, with "Satori" being derived from Iwata's first name Satoru. At top of the mountain is a mystical horse called the Lord of the Mountain, whose Hyrule Compendium entry reads:
"This noble creature watches over all animals that make their homes in the forest. Legends say this holy creature is a reincarnation of a sage that died on the land it now protects. It has an acute awareness of its surroundings, so it seldom appears before people. It's also known by its other name, Satori."
DelayThe game was originally announced for a Wii U release in 2015, but was later delayed to a 2016 release as developers felt the game would not be finished for a 2015 release. Early in 2016 it was announced that the game was going to be delayed again to 2017, where it was finally released on not only the Wii U but also Nintendo's new console, the Switch.
Guardian MusicThe music that plays during Guardian battles is monotonous due to the length of the battles, with most weaker players being defeated quickly and most stronger players being able to destroy them quickly. Unusually, 1 minute and 13 seconds into the music, the rhythm briefly changes to a slightly more upbeat tune before changing back; Nintendo likely implemented this to ensure the music doesn't sound monotonous in the event that a player somehow manages to drag out a Guardian battle for a very long time, but it means that most players will never hear this tune.
- The Dragon Awards
- 2017 – Best Science Fiction or Fantasy PC / Console Game – Won
- The Game Awards
- 2017 – Game of the Year – Won
- 2017 – Best Game Direction – Won
- 2017 – Best Art Direction – Nominated
- 2017 – Best Score / Music – Nominated
- 2017 – Best Audio Design – Nominated
- 2017 – Best Action/Adventure Game – Won
Related Web Sites
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (official website)
Nintendo Switch Credits (916 people)
888 developers, 28 thanks