Forums > Off Topic > Rollcall!

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 8/11/2011 12:50 PM · Permalink · Report

Just for the sake of keeping track of everybody who still uses the site on a regular basis. (And for those who aren't as active.) I'm still here, though I haven't been active in the forums as much lately.

Rola (8482) on 8/11/2011 1:11 PM · Permalink · Report

"You have my sword…"

DJP Mom (11333) on 8/11/2011 1:45 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm here, lurking, not liking the anti-admin attitudes that are going around, the taunting and semi-nastiness, surprised nobody has flown to Germany to pop a certain contributor in the mouth yet!

Somebody bring me Sisko! (8) on 8/11/2011 5:14 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DJP Mom wrote--]...surprised nobody has flown to Germany to pop a certain contributor in the mouth yet! [/Q --end DJP Mom wrote--] New York to Munich, direct, one-way, around 580-1900 US$, via DIY Airlines.

formercontrib (157501) on 8/11/2011 6:37 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DJP Mom wrote--]surprised nobody has flown to Germany to pop a certain contributor in the mouth yet! [/Q --end DJP Mom wrote--] As a quid pro quo - you're always welcome - if you utter something :) Give us a go!

chirinea (47516) on 8/11/2011 6:55 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DJP Mom wrote--]I'm here, lurking, not liking the anti-admin attitudes that are going around, the taunting and semi-nastiness [/Q --end DJP Mom wrote--]Ditto.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 8/11/2011 10:05 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DJP Mom wrote--]not liking the anti-admin attitudes that are going around, the taunting and semi-nastiness, surprised nobody has flown to Germany to pop a certain contributor in the mouth yet! [/Q --end DJP Mom wrote--]

Me three.

Slug Camargo (583) on 8/12/2011 10:49 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] [Q2 --start DJP Mom wrote--]not liking the anti-admin attitudes that are going around, the taunting and semi-nastiness, surprised nobody has flown to Germany to pop a certain contributor in the mouth yet! [/Q2 --end DJP Mom wrote--]

Me three. [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] Oi! What's all that about? I've been posting Bloodlines screenshots on that 1000-post jorunal thread like an idiot and meanwhile I was missing some kind of fascinating drama that was unfolding elsewhere? Links! Links!

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 8/13/2011 12:19 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Dr. M. "Schadenfreude" Von Katze wrote--] [Q2 --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] [Q3 --start DJP Mom wrote--]not liking the anti-admin attitudes that are going around, the taunting and semi-nastiness, surprised nobody has flown to Germany to pop a certain contributor in the mouth yet! [/Q3 --end DJP Mom wrote--]

Me three. [/Q2 --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] Oi! What's all that about? I've been posting Bloodlines screenshots on that 1000-post jorunal thread like an idiot and meanwhile I was missing some kind of fascinating drama that was unfolding elsewhere? Links! Links! [/Q --end Dr. M. "Schadenfreude" Von Katze wrote--]

See this thread.

Starbuck the Third (22601) on 8/11/2011 2:39 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm still rattling round the website, doing whatever I can find to do, add or correct on here too.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66423) on 8/11/2011 3:47 PM · Permalink · Report

These forums are still some of the liveliest conversation I've found online, plus there are people actually capable of understanding me when I (frequently) find cause to make reference to video games.

Servo (57069) on 8/11/2011 7:11 PM · Permalink · Report

Yep, still here...

Havoc Crow (29906) on 8/11/2011 7:39 PM · Permalink · Report

yo

Parf (7871) on 8/11/2011 8:41 PM · Permalink · Report

Here!

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (100156) on 8/11/2011 8:43 PM · Permalink · Report

sheepishly raises hand

BurningStickMan (17916) on 8/11/2011 9:13 PM · Permalink · Report

Here-ish. Waiting for the site redesign before I start contributing again. Or maybe that's just an excuse to not have to hook up the video capture equipment.

Cantillon (79078) on 8/11/2011 10:38 PM · Permalink · Report

Still here.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 8/12/2011 12:47 AM · Permalink · Report

Not including myself, we have 13 so far on the rollcall. I think I can safely add Oleg and the good Dr. as regulars so that brings it up to 15. Anybody else out there?

vedder (71174) on 8/12/2011 8:18 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm here.

Jeanne is also very active on the approver side (as always!)

PolloDiablo (16847) on 8/12/2011 4:38 AM · Permalink · Report

Still here, slowly working through my collection to find stuff to contribute. In Cologne next week hearing about lots and lots of games that'll hopefully be part of the database one day, and buying a few that for the most part already are.

Donatello (466) on 8/12/2011 6:50 AM · Permalink · Report

Ahoy!

charmante charmante on 8/12/2011 9:32 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

spam

Havoc Crow (29906) on 8/12/2011 8:30 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start charmante charmante wrote--]spam [/Q --end charmante charmante wrote--] The spambots are confirming their presence too. Always loyally staying with us, even after everyone else have left...

DJP Mom (11333) on 8/12/2011 10:49 PM · Permalink · Report

LOL!

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 8/13/2011 12:51 PM · Permalink · Report

Haha! And now it seems the ponies have invaded as well!

Zovni (10504) on 8/13/2011 1:36 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm here. Merely a shadow of my former self but still able to lurk and be as nasty as usual given the proper motivation. I have to say that I've always been detached from the politics of the site and that Gamefly thread really depressed me. Almost as much as the idea this thread had to appear to see how many of us are still around :(....Oleg, hold me tight. I'm scared!

Somebody bring me Sisko! (8) on 8/13/2011 6:35 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Zovni wrote--]Oleg, hold me tight. I'm scared![/Q --end Zovni wrote--]

Donatello (466) on 8/13/2011 6:14 AM · Permalink · Report

Oh, and there's Drunken Irishman, but that guy is exploring Komiland at the moment if I'm not mistaken.

Terok Nor (42728) on 8/13/2011 7:13 AM · Permalink · Report

Have been here for 12 years, and I'm not planning on leaving anytime soon.

Adzuken (836) on 8/13/2011 6:12 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm still here. I'm just not doing anything useful.

Slug Camargo (583) on 8/13/2011 10:02 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Adzuken wrote--]I'm still here. I'm just not doing anything useful. [/Q --end Adzuken wrote--] Oh, that's a completely different question.

xroox (3895) on 8/13/2011 6:13 PM · Permalink · Report

Still lurking around :)

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 8/13/2011 6:36 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

The total is now 23! (24 counting myself.) That's more than I thought, but still kinda low. I wonder how many other sites that have been around as long as MG have a similar number of active users. The only ones that come to my mind are Game Revolution and The Video Game Critic.

Slug Camargo (583) on 8/13/2011 10:22 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]The total is now 23! (24 counting myself.) That's more than I thought, but still kinda low. I wonder how many other sites that have been around as long as MG have a similar number of active users. The only ones that come to my mind are Game Revolution and The Video Game Critic. [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] Actually, the low number of regulars is one of the things that make me like MG so much and keep hanging around the forums. Bigger populations lead to overcrowded threads that become nearly impossible to follow if you have a life, and also to the classic plagues of assholery that have ailed every single large group of human beings since the dawn of time.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 8/14/2011 11:38 PM · Permalink · Report

I like a small community too, but I thought there were more active users is all.

Rola (8482) on 8/14/2011 11:49 PM · Permalink · Report

Maybe some people simply enjoy the summer break? Although I find it hard to believe: who would want to chase in the sun half-naked girls on the beach, when they could spend their full time contributing to Moby?

chirinea (47516) on 8/14/2011 4:27 AM · Permalink · Report

Don't forget that we have two communities around here, one of contributors and one of forum regulars. Sometimes they overlap, which is my case, but we have people that only contribute and hardly posts anything (like Evil Ryu), and we have people that mostly hang around the forums (like Doc). So your "census" won't reach many contributors, unfortunately.

Slug Camargo (583) on 8/14/2011 4:47 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start chirinea wrote--]Don't forget that we have two communities around here, one of contributors and one of forum regulars. Sometimes they overlap, which is my case, but we have people that only contribute and hardly posts anything (like Evil Ryu), and we have people that mostly hang around the forums (like Doc). So your "census" won't reach many contributors, unfortunately. [/Q --end chirinea wrote--] And then there's the super-secret, fancy, VIP forum which only approvers can use. The snooty bastards. I bet they're having a lot of fun in there, what with their hot tubs and their underaged Asian masseuses and their expensive drinks and whatnot. I say we grab our pitchforks and our torches and teach them a lesson!!

Parf (7871) on 8/14/2011 9:52 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Dr. M. "Schadenfreude" Von Katze wrote--]And then there's the super-secret, fancy, VIP forum which only approvers can use. The snooty bastards. I bet they're having a lot of fun in there, what with their hot tubs and their underaged Asian masseuses and their expensive drinks and whatnot. I say we grab our pitchforks and our torches and teach them a lesson!![/Q --end Dr. M. "Schadenfreude" Von Katze wrote--]

If the approvers were actually treated to that for their hard work, believe you me I'd be approving a whole lot more. ;)

DJP Mom (11333) on 8/15/2011 1:42 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Dr. M. "Schadenfreude" Von Katze wrote--] And then there's the super-secret, fancy, VIP forum which only approvers can use. The snooty bastards. I bet they're having a lot of fun in there, what with their hot tubs and their underaged Asian masseuses and their expensive drinks and whatnot. I say we grab our pitchforks and our torches and teach them a lesson!! [/Q --end Dr. M. "Schadenfreude" Von Katze wrote--]

99% of the time filled with jaw-breakingly-yawn-producing stuff!

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 8/15/2011 2:13 AM · Permalink · Report

So all the rumors of there being extravagant parties and pirate treasure locations aren't true? Say it's not so Mom!

DJP Mom (11333) on 8/15/2011 2:54 AM · Permalink · Report

Sorry :(

BurningStickMan (17916) on 8/15/2011 5:30 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]So all the rumors of there being extravagant parties and pirate treasure locations aren't true? Say it's not so Mom! [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] Well, the other 1% is entirely gossip about you. ;P

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 8/16/2011 2:49 AM · Permalink · Report

You found out about the fanfic didn't you? Say what you will, but my version of Earth 2 is a lot more interesting ! ;P

Patrick Bregger (303298) on 8/13/2011 6:42 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm sometimes here

beetle120 (2415) on 8/16/2011 6:15 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I'm still here, don't visit as much as I used to. I have also stopped contributing to the project, sadly, simply because I got a bored of it. Adding games was exciting at first, discovering new games and everything about them, but over time it lost that appeal and over time it become more of a chore, just trying to get a few more points. I started questioning why and didn't have any answers so I simply stopped, asking cornpopper to revoke my approver roles. But I hope this project can continue with others, but don't do it if you feel like you have to.

I hope to start a new forum game. I am trying to come up with new games that can take advantage of the impressive database we have here, got a few ideas and I might try one in the future.

Zovni (10504) on 8/16/2011 10:27 PM · Permalink · Report

I can relate. It starts to take its toll on any hobby when it ceases to be a leisure activity and becomes a chore.

DJP Mom (11333) on 8/19/2011 10:11 PM · Permalink · Report

Beetle, I miss those games! Hope you come up with something soon :)

Parf (7871) on 8/20/2011 5:00 AM · Permalink · Report

Totally unrelated but... I like your points Mom! 11111 :)

xroox (3895) on 8/20/2011 11:05 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Parf wrote--]Totally unrelated but... I like your points Mom! 11111 :) [/Q --end Parf wrote--]It's even more perfect than that! Check the time of the post :) Spooky, huh?

DJP Mom (11333) on 8/20/2011 10:50 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

LOL, don't want to contribute anything and spoil it =)

And, hm, now I'm a little worried about the eeriness of the times and points!

Daniel Saner (3503) on 8/19/2011 7:43 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm here—not that anyone would notice if I weren't. I turned back a little my already almost non-existent site activity, and am currently spending more time editing other game database projects, predominantly mine. Not for any political reasons though, but simply because the stuff I'm researching lately is out-of-scope or already documented on MG.

I'm certainly not one to silently ignore the state of constant limbo we're in, but I'm not leaving the ship unless it's completely gone.

BurningStickMan (17916) on 8/19/2011 8:51 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Daniel Saner wrote--]and am currently spending more time editing other game database projects [/Q --end Daniel Saner wrote--] There aren't any other game database projects.

Mr Almond (2485) on 9/5/2011 2:55 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm still scanning covers when I can. Been having some hardware problems recently so not as productive as I have been. Don't post that often, I'm more of a lurker when it comes to the forums.