Not an American user?
DescriptionThe planet Pandora isn't much more than a desert filled with bandits, mercenaries and adventurers. Their goal: the legendary vault which is said to be filled with treasures beyond imagination hidden on the planet by an ancient highly advanced alien race. One of those fortune-seekers is the protagonist, who has one advantage: the guidance of the Guardian of the vault.
Borderlands is a mixture of a first-person shooter and a role-playing game, somewhat similar in concept to Hellgate: London. At the beginning of the game the player chooses between one of four characters:
- Roland: A former soldier. He likes to play with rifles and shotguns and has a Scorpio-Turret at his disposal to keep his back clear.
- Lilith: A Siren and Phasewalker. She can turn invisible and fights with extreme speed.
- Mordecai: A hunter. He prefers to snipe enemies from a distance and has access to a bird of prey called Bloodwing.
- Brick: A Berserker. He doesn't care much for guns and instead uses his fists to win all arguments.
Since the protagonist has to travel around much, he or she has a buggy available armed with a machine gun and a rocket launcher or heavy machine gun at later levels. Since the game also features a drop in/drop out-coop-mode for up to four players, the buggies have enough room for two players with one using the mounted turret and the other driving around the vehicle.
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: UnrealEngine3
- Borderlands series
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- Gameplay feature: New Game+
- Games made into comics
- Japanese Xbox 360 games with full English support
- Physics Engine: PhysX
- Premium Games label
- Software Pyramide releases
- Visual technique / style: Cel shaded
- Xbox 360 Classics releases
- Xbox 360 Platinum Hits releases
|Boredomlands||Windows||Unicorn Lynx (181473)|
|An overhyped, overblown mess of a game||Xbox 360||CrackTheSky (36)|
|Take a spoonful of Diablo, pour a cup of Halo, pepper on some Fallout, stir in a pint of Left 4 Dead, and you have Borderlands.||Windows||Kaddy B. (796)|
|It's just good, okay?||Xbox 360||Asinine (1006)|
|Game Informer Magazine||PlayStation 3||Oct 19, 2009||9.25 out of 10||92|
|Peliplaneetta.net||Xbox 360||Nov 05, 2009||87 out of 100||87|
|RPGFan||Windows||Nov 08, 2009||87 out of 100||87|
|Console Monster||PlayStation 3||Nov 01, 2009||86 out of 100||86|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Windows||Nov 18, 2009||17 out of 20||85|
|GamingXP||PlayStation 3||Oct 28, 2009||81 out of 100||81|
|Eurogamer.it||Xbox 360||Oct 20, 2009||8 out of 10||80|
|Imperium Gier||Windows||Nov 30, 2009||8 out of 10||80|
|Console Obsession||PlayStation 3||May 29, 2010||8 out of 10||80|
|Lens of Truth||Xbox 360||Nov 06, 2009||8 out of 10||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesBorderlands appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
DevelopmentThe game was originally developed with a realistic look. The graphics were changed to cel-shading only six months before release.
German versionIn the German version, many violent effects were removed. This includes blood effects for most enemies; splatter effects when driving over an enemy; cutting off limbs and animations for fire, acid and shock attacks.
- 2009 - The "Gun Porn" Award for Most Gratifying Gratuitous Violence (Editors' Choice)
- 2009 - The "Gun Porn" Award for Most Gratifying Gratuitous Violence (Readers' Choice)
- 2009 – #2 Most Humorous Trailer of the Year
- 2009 - Best Original Game
- Game Informer
- 2009 - Best Co-Op Game (Editors' Choice)
- 2009 - Best Co-Op Game (Readers' Choice)
- 2009 - Best New Series
- 2009 - The Epic Loot Reward
- 2009 - The Up the Creek Without a Patch Award
- 2009 - Best PC Shooter
Related Web Sites
- Borderlands (Entry in Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.)
- Borderlands Wiki (A wiki-based database of the Borderlands series.)
- Demiurge Studios (Info regarding Demiurge's involvement.)
- Gearbox's official website for Borderlands (multi-lingual) (Gearbox's official website for Borderlands (multi-lingual).)
- PS3trophies.org (Trophy guide for Borderlands)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Borderlands.)
Xbox 360 Credits (786 people)
424 developers, 362 thanks