DescriptionAfter having survived the dangers he encountered on his previous journey, the hero travels with the wizard Erasmus to a Greece-like country called Silmaria. Its king was recently murdered, and, according to the land's traditions, the crown will be given to the one who passes a contest known as the Rites of Rulership. The hero enters the contest, aided by Erasmus, Rakeesh, and other old friends. However, as the competition progresses, contestants are being systematically killed by an unknown assassin. All the victims are murdered near the Dragon Pillars, which keep the Dragon of Silmaria in captivity. The hero must investigate the crimes and save Silmaria from a grave danger.
Dragon Fire is the final game in the Quest for Glory series. Like the previous games in the series, Dragon Fire is a hybrid between puzzle-solving adventure and role-playing game. The player talks to the world's inhabitants, gathering clues and items necessary to acquire in order to complete the quests and advance the story. Unlike all its predecessors, Dragon Fire has no separate battle screens; the action-based battles take place on the exploration screen, utilizing a simple point-and-click interface, similarly to Diablo. The game has heavier weapon and armor management than other Quest for Glory games, strengthening the RPG angle.
Many quests are optional or can be completed in different ways. The hero can also marry one of the several major female characters in the game, provided the player does the right thing to impress the girl.
There are no promo images for this game
- "英雄傳奇5：火龍試煉" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "영웅의 길 V: 용의 불꽃" -- Korean title
- "Quest for Glory V: אש הדרקון" -- Hebrew spelling
- "Quest for Glory V: Le Souffle du Dragon" -- French title
- "Quest for Glory V: Fogo do Dragão" -- Brazilian title
- "Quest for Glory 5: Drachenfeuer" -- German title
- "QFG5" -- Common abbreviation
- "Hero's Quest 5: Dragon Fire" -- Informal title
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Character development - Repetition
- Gameplay feature: Dating / Romance
- Gameplay feature: Hunger / Thirst
- Gameplay feature: Importable characters
- Mythology: Greek
- Quest for Glory series
- Theme: Atlantis
|Very well, very well! We came to an agreement that we both agree upon!||Windows||Unicorn Lynx (174046)|
|So you want to be a hero … again?||Windows||Jeanne (75361)|
|The Best Game of the Year!||Windows||Laura A. (3)|
|A great end to the series||Windows||Horny-Bullant (56)|
|Good concept, bad implementation||Windows||Joshua Green (3)|
|The GOD of RPG's||Windows||Nicholas B (3)|
|Gamezilla||Windows||Mar 23, 1999||95 out of 100||95|
|Game Over Online||Windows||Dec 20, 1998||94 out of 100||94|
|PC Player (Germany)||Windows||Feb, 1999||84 out of 100||84|
|Electric Playground||Macintosh||Feb 01, 1999||7.75 out of 10||78|
|GameStar (Germany)||Windows||Feb, 1999||76 out of 100||76|
|GameSpot||Windows||Dec 28, 1998||7.4 out of 10||74|
|Computer Games Magazine||Windows||Jan 14, 1999||70|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Windows||Apr, 1999||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThe dance that the hero does in the dryad tree grove is almost identical to the baby dance seen on the TV show Ally McBeal.
The Dead Parrot Inn is resurrected here. A dead parrot was featured in a Monty Python skit known as "The Dead Parrot Sketch". The parrot inside the inn, however, is alive and well this time.
Related Web Sites
- QFG5: Dragon Fire Hints (No matter what character type you are playing, these hints will help you solve the game.)
- Quest for Glory V: Dragon Fire - Wikipedia (page about the game in the open encyclopedia)
- RPG Classics - Quest for Glory 5 Shrine (This site is a shrine for Quest for Glory 5; get information on side quests, spells, classes, monsters and more.)