Quest for Glory I: So You Want To Be A Hero
Description official description
Quest for Glory I: So You Want To Be A Hero is a remake of Hero's Quest: So You Want To Be A Hero.
The remake features 256-color VGA graphics. Locations have been re-drawn, and character portraits appear during conversations. This version also has an icon-based interface instead of the text input of the original, very similar to the one used by Sierra for their adventure titles. The player selects dialogue choices from a dialogue menu, as opposed to typing in conversation topics in the earlier release. A few changes have been made to the dialogue, adding (or altering) some of the easter eggs and references to other games.
Combat now features clay models for the enemies and stop-motion animation. The perspective has been switched to an over-the-shoulder view farther away from the player. Battle commands (two types of attacks, parry, and dodge) are displayed as icons on a shield in the corner of the screen. The player can switch to the spell menu at any time, and also click the middle of the screen to escape from combat.
- 영웅의 길 I: 당신도 영웅이 되고 싶은가 - Korean spelling
See any errors or missing info for this game?
You can submit a correction, contribute trivia, add to a game group, add a related site or alternate title.
Credits (DOS version)
31 People · View all
|[ full credits ]|
- If you walk right, straight out of Spielburg, then back to the Spielburg gates a few times, you'll meet up with the father from the TV series Dinosaurs
- When you take a look at the lamp in the Kattas Tail Inn, it says "Lamp for rent. Inquire in Quest for Glory 2: Trial by Fire for information."
- Keep clicking the eye icon on the trees, because you'll eventually get one called a "Daventree". This is a reference to Daventry, the main setting of King's Quest.
- Every now and then when the Gargoyle above Erasmus's house asks "What is your Quest?" (obvious Monty Python joke) one of the answer choices is "I want to be a pirate!" This is, of course, a reference to The Secret of Monkey Island. If you select it, the Gargoyle says "Boy, have you got the wrong game," and sends you back down the mountain.
- When the gargoyle above Erasmus's house asks the name of the hero, one of the answer options is "Call me Ishmael." This is a reference to Moby Dick.
- The most common password to the thieves guild in the game is 'schwertfisch'. Schwertfisch is German for swordfish, which in turn is the password to a speakeasy in the Marx Brothers movie Horse Feathers.
- The town of Spielburg is, of course, named after Steven Spielberg. Sam the beggar also makes a reference to Amblin, which is Steven Spielberg's production company.
- In Erasmus' house there is a Sarcophagus tied in with a ribbon, called a Lara Bow (a reference to the character Laura Bow from The Colonel's Bequest and The Dagger of Amon Ra).
Information also contributed by Itay Shahar, Leofan93, OceansDaughter, Timo Takalo, and WizardX
- MobyGames ID: 16075
Know about this game? Add your expertise to help preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Unicorn Lynx.
Macintosh added by Terok Nor.
Additional contributors: PsOmA, Alaka, Pseudo_Intellectual, lee jun ho, Trypticon.
Last modified February 22nd, 2023.